Author Topic: The world of 3 zeros  (Read 2973 times)

Grogounet

• Bristles
    • http://www.quest2independence.com
The world of 3 zeros
« on: July 05, 2018, 01:15:50 AM »
I have just finished a great book: The world of 3 zeros by Muhammad Yunus - Not an affiliate link if you wonder, there none on my site, nor adds. 
This gentleman, a Nobel prize winner and inventor of the micro credit, shares his vision on how to eradicate poverty, remove unemployment and reduce our footprint on the environment.
I'm not going to explain all his theory. While the book is interesting, I thought that the writing style was quite heavy and not necessarily always pleasant. But the vision and ideas are absolutely revolutionary.

What interested me was on p. 168 and 169, discussing his vision on retirement:

"A person approaching this transition should think: I worked for my employer for X number of years. Now that my contract is
over, I can concentrate on doing things that I always wanted to do but could not get around to doing because of my job contract. From a walled world, I am entering into a world without walls-a wider world, a world of unlimited opportunities. Now I have an opportunity to be myself for the first time in my life. Now is the time to enjoy being me.
I've fulfilled my responsibilities to my employer, to my children, to my myself to the wider world. This is the time for my creative powers to solve some of the social problems that made me sick, to undo the things that are wrong, and do things I think should be done. I don't have to pay any attention to what others think-all that matters is following the instincts of my heart. This is my time for social business."

I'm sure you'll agree that it's a pretty good definition of what our goal is for all on this community

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
Re: The world of 3 zeros
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 05:39:46 AM »
What a lovely goal.

FIREby35

• Pencil Stache
Re: The world of 3 zeros
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:48:56 AM »
What a lovely goal.

Mustachianism allowed me to do exactly that goal. It's an awesome way to live!