Author Topic: The MMM readers' blogroll  (Read 88650 times)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
Re: The MMM readers' blogroll
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »
You're added.

I also culled out some inactive blogs to make it a bit easier to find people still writing. If you believe you have been removed by mistake, start writing your blog again and then PM me or post here, and I'll move you back up with the active folks. I looked through the inactive blogs and moved a few of the active ones back up, as well.

jordanread

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2014, 11:58:56 AM »
You're added.

I also culled out some inactive blogs to make it a bit easier to find people still writing. If you believe you have been removed by mistake, start writing your blog again and then PM me or post here, and I'll move you back up with the active folks. I looked through the inactive blogs and moved a few of the active ones back up, as well.

So many drafts. I'll get a few more articles out eventually, and then I'll hit you back up to be added back to the top of the list. For now, inactive seems like a good place for me. :-)

wealthywinters

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Wealthy Winters
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2014, 01:50:00 AM »
I have a blog called Wealthy Winters which is the journey of my husband and I to wealth in Australia (where housing costs are quite high due to a long-term housing bubble). It includes a lot of lessons I've picked up from other blogs, practical guides to those wanting to apply things I've talked about, and our own personal goals, expenses and spending reductions. Would love to be added :)

Love this thread in general - I have about a dozen tabs open and I'm trying to digest them all at once!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »
Sorry for the delay - I'm busy exploring Rome instead of sitting around Columbus, OH as per usual. You're added!

debtfreespending

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Debt Free Spending
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »
Thanks so much for having a blogroll! I've been blogging for three years at DebtFreeSpending.com, and try to save my readers as much money as possible! I save about $7,000 per year for my family by couponing, and it also helped us work through adoption and IVF debt! We have one son adopted from Guatemala and we're expecting for the first time, and I'm due any day now. I joined so I could learn about more ways to save!!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2014, 02:43:55 AM »
Welcome! You're added!

mcjr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2014, 03:43:25 AM »
Being inspired at the other side of the ocean I have created a Singapore-based blog to accompany me on my journey to financial independence: Singvestor - a Singaporean investment and personal finance blog.

Would love to be added to the list as well!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2014, 12:53:17 AM »
sure thing, welcome!

EarlyRetirementGuy

• Stubble
    • Early Retirement Guy
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »
I've just started my blog. Have been on the path to early retirement for a few years now but have only just decided to start recording the journey and sharing my thoughts to help others. Please add me to the list :)

www.EarlyRetirementGuy.com

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
Currently the blogroll has 70 blogs, 49 of them active. This humble little list has seriously expanded!

If I could get some volunteers, I'd propose we each take an nth of the list and write two or three sentences about each blog. Do enough people come to the blogroll that that's worth the effort? Anybody willing to sign on for an hour reviewing 5-10 blogs?

I'd also accept guest writers for the monthly spotlight post (of other writers' blogs only), since soliciting self-nominations didn't go over so well. What does everyone think of that?

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
Currently the blogroll has 70 blogs, 49 of them active. This humble little list has seriously expanded!

If I could get some volunteers, I'd propose we each take an nth of the list and write two or three sentences about each blog. Do enough people come to the blogroll that that's worth the effort? Anybody willing to sign on for an hour reviewing 5-10 blogs?

I'd also accept guest writers for the monthly spotlight post (of other writers' blogs only), since soliciting self-nominations didn't go over so well. What does everyone think of that?
Sure, if you give me a week or two to do it.  :D  Same with the guest post but I'd like a month for that.  :)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
I was thinking we all pick a deadline once we've got enough volunteers. So there's two of us now...

jordanread

« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »
I can help.

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
I don't post in MMM all that often, but I enjoy reading. My blog is www.themillionairefund.blogspot.com/

jomby

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
I've been reading the MMM blog for quite a while now.  I got my Ph.D. in computer science, joined a startup, then became a professional poker player, and now I am financially independent and working on starting a financial planning firm.  I have started a new blog where I talk about my approach to achieving freedom:

http://www.awesomesecrets.com/blog/

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2014, 12:41:48 AM »
Sure, if you give me a week or two to do it.  :D  Same with the guest post but I'd like a month for that.  :)
I can help.
What if we each take five blogs for now and write a couple sentences on them? I'm thinking a shorter version of the handful of featured blog summaries - an overview, maybe two or three posts you liked. That would get us pretty well into the list and then maybe we'd get some more volunteers when we've done so.

Let's skip the first five (no offense, authors, but they're pretty polished as is.) I'll do Planting our Pennies through 4 hutches. Gin, you can have the Foundry in the Forest through A Good Day to Live. Jordan, that leaves NWEdible through Mutilate the Mortgage. How's that sound?

Just PM me the text of your summaries as you get them done (including links if any) and I'll put them in the post. Thanks!

jordanread

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
I can help.
What if we each take five blogs for now and write a couple sentences on them? I'm thinking a shorter version of the handful of featured blog summaries - an overview, maybe two or three posts you liked. That would get us pretty well into the list and then maybe we'd get some more volunteers when we've done so.

Let's skip the first five (no offense, authors, but they're pretty polished as is.) I'll do Planting our Pennies through 4 hutches. Gin, you can have the Foundry in the Forest through A Good Day to Live. Jordan, that leaves NWEdible through Mutilate the Mortgage. How's that sound?

Just PM me the text of your summaries as you get them done (including links if any) and I'll put them in the post. Thanks!

Will do. Should have it for you on Sunday.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2014, 10:30:21 AM »
I can help.

Aye Aye :D

fallstoclimb

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
Shameless self-promotion, I just started a blog:  www.mindfulriot.com

A personal development blog, focused on minimalism, frugality, and feminism, from a (hopefully) charmingly undeveloped person  :)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »
Here are some inactive blogs with great content (if you're ever in the mood to read a bunch of archives in a sitting):
Return to the active blogroll by clicking here.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
I have a blog which I post on semi-regularly, usually once a week or so.  Oh Yong Hao - Life Blog.  There are things about life, technology, app reviews, and I label articles Mustachian if I find them to be more towards the Mustachian crowd.

RadicalPersonalFinance

• Stubble
    • Radical Personal Finance
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2014, 06:04:10 AM »
I'll go ahead and add my site to the list: www.radicalpersonalfinance.com is my daily, in-depth show on all aspects of financial planning. We discuss the extreme stuff that actually works to help people achieve their goals!

jordanread

« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »
I'll go ahead and add my site to the list: www.radicalpersonalfinance.com is my daily, in-depth show on all aspects of financial planning. We discuss the extreme stuff that actually works to help people achieve their goals!
Didn't realize you were on here. I just listened to one of your podcasts. Awesome!

RadicalPersonalFinance

• Stubble
    • Radical Personal Finance
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »

Didn't realize you were on here. I just listened to one of your podcasts. Awesome!
[/quote]

I'm more of a lurker these days...but I love this forum! :)

Mrs. SSC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Slowly Sipping Coffee - saying goodbye to the 9 to 5
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
My husband and I started a blog recently... We try to talk about the struggles and differences of opinion when you have a Mustachian and a financially-illiterate spendthrift in a marriage. 

http://www.slowlysippingcoffee.com

We would love to hear comments about topics or ways to improve (constructive criticism, please!).  Our goal is to try and show couples that have different ideas about money and frugality that it is possible to still FIRE.

otherbarry

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »
I feel like my blog topic is heavily saturated based on this thread, but I'll add it anyway.

http://www.startingrich.com

Basically, it leads you step by step into dealing with money the way the financially responsible do (addressed as the rich). I also plan on covering things like credit cards, mortgages, loans in simple terms for people in high-school and such.

falcondisruptor

• Stubble
    • Simple Cheap Mom
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2014, 12:48:48 PM »
I've started a blog as well, www.simplecheapmom.com.  If the blogroll is updated, I'd love to be included, thanks.

jordanread

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
For all of those who recently posted, the blogroll is updated relatively frequently. You will be added as long as you continue to post. Welcome!! If there is a description you would like included, please update your comment to include that.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »
Y'all are updated, sorry for the delay.

Mods, could we insert a post or two after the first one or annex some of the first replies? I'm having to cut content further because of that 20,000 character/post limit.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »

Mods, could we insert a post or two after the first one or annex some of the first replies? I'm having to cut content further because of that 20,000 character/post limit.

I don't know of a way to do this with this forum software.

You could start a new thread and post the first few replies yourself, then I could lock this one and sticky that one.

Unfortunately if I merge them, it goes by date, so those would be at the bottom of this one.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

jordanread

« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »

You could start a new thread and post the first few replies yourself, then I could lock this one and sticky that one.

Unfortunately if I merge them, it goes by date, so those would be at the bottom of this one.
You'd have to back date then in the database. If you are willing to go that far, I can help.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2014, 05:50:04 PM »

You'd have to back date then in the database. If you are willing to go that far, I can help.

I don't have access to that (as a mod, not an admin).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

jordanread

« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »

I don't have access to that (as a mod, not an admin).
I figured as much, but thought I'd offer anyway. Simple machines forum hasn't changed the schema for a long time. 

jday

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »
Nice! I didnt even know this was here. My blogs are...

Insightwriter.com - I write about health, wealth, and well being here so it goes beyond your usual personal finance stuff.

Jeremymday.com - Where I talk a little more personally about my goals in life, writing, photography, and starting businesses.

Ill be checking up on a lot of these blogs soon.

Jeremy

p.s. If anyone wants to guest post on InsightWriter.com they are more then welcome. Just message me through the contact page.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
Sounds good. I'll bring everything over when I get a little bit of time.

falcondisruptor

• Stubble
    • Simple Cheap Mom
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »

Thank you for adding me and maintaining this list!  Lots of reading to do.

OutBy40

• Stubble
    • ThinkSaveRetire.com
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »
While still fairly new, I am tracking my drive towards retirement (and giving a couple tips along the way) at ThinkSaveRetire.com

Ryvax

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:45 PM »
Hey guys, great list of blogs so far.

I just started my blog last month, 5 articles so far.  The idea behind it is Self Reliance through financial independence.  Check it out if you get a chance.

http://mrselfreliance.blogspot.ca/2015/01/welcome-to-mr-self-reliance-blog.html

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2015, 07:01:03 PM »
You're added. I'm right against the word limit, so this thread may go to blog heaven soon.

Joan-eh?

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2015, 06:59:22 AM »
How did I miss this?  Thanks for the effort!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2015, 10:39:17 PM »
Hey everyone, the new blogroll is here!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »