Author Topic: New here but greatly inspired!  (Read 1731 times)

alanmfa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
New here but greatly inspired!
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:18:16 AM »
Hi all - I'm a 33 year old working stiff, and have stumbled across this amazing site some time ago. I've been a lurker and observer, and, hopefully, an astute learner.

I've decided, as a husband and father of 2, to make some drastic financial changes in my life, with a huge thanks to this site and community. Though I don't have a mustache quite yet, I hope to develop some stubble soon!

I've also decided to make some of my financial decisions, rationales, goals, and actions available publicly. I'll be sharing my thoughts, plans, goals, progress, and off topic rants at the below link. No ads, just a place to share the experience. Only a few posts so far but many more to come!

Here comes the leap of faith to wind up in a solid financial position!

Cheers,

Alan

http://www.myfinancialadventure.com

former player

• Walrus Stache
Re: New here but greatly inspired!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:03:02 AM »
Welcome.

Enquiring minds want to know: what is the entry "pooper scooper $40 a month"?  I mean, I get pooper scooper.  But are you paying someone to follow behind your pet and pick up the poop?

The more important question is: is your spouse on board?  There is a useful sticky in the Ask a Mustachian thread about getting your spouse on board.

alanmfa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: New here but greatly inspired!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:21:55 AM »
We have a number of things to "insource", including cleaning up after our own pets. A couple of teenage kids in our neighborhood offer a service to pick up pet waste - fee and tip works out to $10 a week. While this is a simple problem to solve (stop being lazy and go pick up some poo), it's indicative of our larger problem with being okay spending money needlessly.

The wife is on board for now - as with anything there will likely be some compromising, but I think once she starts to see the fruits of our money saving behaviors she'll be more willing to cut out the fat.