Author Topic: I was on a personal finance podcast  (Read 2313 times)

patrickza

• Pencil Stache
    • I live on a boat
I was on a personal finance podcast
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:04:59 AM »
Just One Lap is probably the biggest personal finance site in South Africa. They have a weekly podcast called the fat wallet show, and had a celebration after their hundredth episode where they were going to do a live recording with an author.

She ended up running late, so they pulled me from the crowd to fill the time and ask me how I managed to reach FI in my thirties.

If you're interested you can listen here: https://justonelap.com/podcast-how-to-be-financially-independent-with-patrick-mckay/

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
Re: I was on a personal finance podcast
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:33:11 AM »
I don't have time to listen now, but congratulations on being picked out and being able to spread the concept.

patrickza

• Pencil Stache
    • I live on a boat
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »
Thanks Linda, it always amazes me how people think it's insane to live on half your salary, particularly in a country where middle class means you likely earn 10 times the average of the majority of the population.

forestbound

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 12:34:31 PM »
That was great, and very interesting to see the theory works in South Africa as well. Thank you!

Mr DJ_FI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »
Hey Patrick,

I listened to your podcast a few weeks back, well done dude! Im also from SA and listen to the Fat Wallet show, its through this that I stumbled onto the FI community!

Ive set myself some targets and hope to reach FI in 10 years, unfortunately i started studying late so i'm a bit late to the FI party but will join it soon hopefully!! 

DJ

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!