Author Topic: I just became a Mustachian!!  (Read 5613 times)

RetirementManifesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • The Retirement Manifesto
I just became a Mustachian!!
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
Hey all!  New to the Forum, so hope this isn't taboo.  I JUST BECAME A MUSTACHIAN!  Even better, I wrote about it!  Hope you enjoy the article, look forward to learning my way around this awesome Forum!!  Here's the Article:

http://www.theretirementmanifesto.com/becoming-a-mustachian/

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
Re: I just became a Mustachian!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
Hey all!  New to the Forum, so hope this isn't taboo.  I JUST BECAME A MUSTACHIAN!  Even better, I wrote about it!  Hope you enjoy the article, look forward to learning my way around this awesome Forum!!  Here's the Article:

Ripping off graphics from the MMM site for your blog is not at all cool.

RetirementManifesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 06:14:51 AM »
Ouch.  For the record, I sent an IM to MMM asking his permission before publishing my article.  I make every effort to be a guy of integrity!  Do you?  (Ouch back!!).  Tee hee.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
Ouch.  For the record, I sent an IM to MMM asking his permission before publishing my article.  I make every effort to be a guy of integrity!  Do you?  (Ouch back!!).  Tee hee.

Permission for what? Linking to his site, talking about him, or using his graphics?

AnswerIs42

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Be fair, he's writing an article on Mustachianism, so using an image or two to illustrate the article seems like fair use. Make a newbie feel welcome :)

larmando

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
Welcome! Next step: fix that grocery shopping replacing convenience frozen food with staples for better taste at cheaper prices.

RetirementManifesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 01:18:07 PM »
Make a newbie feel welcome :)

Thanks, man.  Wasn't feeling the love!  Trying to play by the rules!  The only things I used were a tweet he sent (I don't think that's IP since it's free for the world to see, right??) and a copy of my Username below the Forum Logo (again, publically available?). 

I never heard back from MMM, so I intentionally did NOT use any images from his site, tho I really wanted to put a few pics up.

Trying to figure it out....don't hate me....smiles.

Metalsatsuma1212

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:54 PM »
Great blog and I am happy to see other newbies. AND haters gonna hate, don't let it bog you down, keep on going. For every hater on this site there are 1000 amazing, face-punching (that is actually a form of love) people ready to help you on your journey. And anyone who knows the stache knows he wants his info spread, spread, spread. Much love!!!

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
I'm confused and perhaps you can clarify something: how are you a mustachian? Your blog post talks a lot about mustachianism, but you also talk about going out to lunch with your co-worker, and the picture of what you purchased at the store is a bunch of prepackaged crap. Is a $3 bottle of juice really mustachian?

I'm not bashing buying prepackaged crap. I've bought prepackaged crap when I was sick and didn't have the energy to cook. But I'm not going to pretend it's mustachian. Your blog post talks a lot about simplicity and focusing on what you value, but it's awfully short on the details.

RetirementManifesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »
you also talk about going out to lunch with your co-worker.....

I'm not bashing buying prepackaged crap. I've bought prepackaged crap when I was sick.........................

Ummmm.....my co-worker PAID FOR MY LUNCH (I never pay for lunch, but bring my own!), and if you'd have read the post you'd have realized that I WAS SICK.

Hmmm...I'm new here, but folks don't seem overly friendly.  Is it me??

Metalsatsuma1212

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »
People are nice, it is just kind of knee-jerk, "hey you can do it better." Search around for some of the posts such as case studies, etc. you will see a lot nice and helpful people.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »

I'm not bashing buying prepackaged crap. I've bought prepackaged crap when I was sick.........................

Ummmm.....my co-worker PAID FOR MY LUNCH (I never pay for lunch, but bring my own!), and if you'd have read the post you'd have realized that I WAS SICK.

It's just that you're going on about riding your bike to the store, but then you buy that stuff. Bit of a disconnect.

TheInsuranceMan

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »

A good portion on here can be a bit "elitist", you'll see that quite a bit.  However, there is a good selection of members that are more down to earth, which makes the site a little easier to work with. 

FIREby35

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »
You are welcome here!

Gunny

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 07:06:34 AM »
RM, this is a great Blog full of helpful and friendly folks.  You just got bashed right out the gate by folks who obviously didn't have all the details.  I get bashed all the time because my views are right of center (my fault for wearing my political heart on my sleeve.)  But I'm here for the financial discussions and the very helpful input by some really savvy people.  You are welcome here and I look forward to reading more of your posts. 

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
   Welcome and good luck to you on your ER path. There is really no shortage of asshats wherever you go on the interwebs so as always, don't feed the trolls.