Author Topic: How a Family of 5 Gained ‘Shocking’ Freedom by Downsizing to 850-Square-Foot Hom  (Read 4045 times)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Yahoo article about a family who downsized their house and found a lot of great benefits:

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/how-family-of-5-in-850-sq-foot-house-gained-155105691.html

klystomane

• Stubble
A whole 850 feet for only 5 people?

Separate rooms for parents and kids?

A bathroom with running water?

Seems like princely living to me.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
I love how the article glosses over the fact that even the 1700 square foot home they downsized from was already significantly smaller than the stereotypical McMansion that consumer suckers with three kids think they need.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
Apparently the news outlet has downsized its sub-editors.

The 27-year-old mother of three — Rose, Harvey, and Deyli (1, 3, and 18, respectively)

Gray Matter

• Magnum Stache

The 27-year-old mother of three — Rose, Harvey, and Deyli (1, 3, and 18, respectively)

18-year-old daughter is adopted.  Husband is only 30 according to the article, so I'm guessing 27 is right.  Awfully young to take on an adopted teen, but more power to them!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:21:05 AM by Gray Matter »

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache

18-year-old daughter is adopted.  Husband is only 30 according to the article, so I'm guessing 27 is right.  Awfully young to take on an adopted teen, but more power too them!

I stand corrected.

YoungGranny

• Pencil Stache
Wow huge kudos to them. 50 years ago it seemed much more common to raise a family in that size house (both my parents were raised in houses ~1,000 sqft). Seems like everyone just keeps wanting bigger and better so it's refreshing to see someone make such a wise decision early in life.

Nancy

Good for them! Sounds like she's living her authentic life.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!