Author Topic: Fred Van Vleet, mustachian-ish NBA dude  (Read 5107 times)

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
Fred Van Vleet, mustachian-ish NBA dude
« on: December 23, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »
Signs first big contract, calls accountant, signs up for financial freedom training:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/raptors-vanvleet-looking-ensure-fruits-labour-last/

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
  • Older than the internet, but not wiser... yet
Re: Fred Van Vleet, mustachian-ish NBA dude
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:15:45 PM »
I like his approach of trying to help his family learn as well as helping materially with debt burdens.

Thanks for posting. I was peripherally aware of him as an NBA fan, but this increases my "like" for sure. Will be alert for further reports.

Kronsey

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »
I've liked VanVleet since his days at Wichita State. Those were some scrappy teams with real heart/grit.

I didn't know if he was big enough to make it in the league, but he has been great his first 2 years and is having a great 3rd season so far.

Really happy he is making wise financial decisions. Hope he has a great career and enjoys an FI life after hanging up his sneakers.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »
Good to see someone that serves as a roll model for so many kids in the NBA doing the right things. Not enough of it thats for sure.

The Fake Cheap

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 07:15:22 AM »
Long time basketball fan here, and Raptors fan. I've watched  most of the Raptors games for the last few seasons.

Good to know Freddy is semi mustachian.  I've actually been a fan of Van Vleet for a few years now.  He didn't get much playing time during his rookie year, but when he did he seemed to make the right decisions, and could knock down a few shots.  This year he's been a bit more inconsistent, but still a solid back up point guard IMO. 

He also has his own clothing line, I was going to order one of their t-shirts online, but it was like $40..doh!!!!

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:05:20 PM »
And now he's in personal finance videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6u3rmruY3I

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!