Author Topic: FIRE and MMM on ABC News  (Read 3769 times)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
FIRE and MMM on ABC News
« on: April 08, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »
Just came across this and didn't see it posted in a quick scan:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-engineer-scales-back-lifestyle-214441757.html

maizefolk

• Walrus Stache
Re: FIRE and MMM on ABC News
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
I laughed when they cut to some random other person from nerd wallet to say that saving 50% of your income requires tracking every penny and isn't fun at all.

My savings rate is north of 50%, I don't keep a detailed budget, and I'm having plenty of fun (and what complaints I have are entirely due to not having enough free time from work, not a shortage of money).

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:14:00 AM »
They interviewed the go curry cracker couple but edited out all of the international travel? This has me wondering about their agenda.

Debts_of_Despair

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
Yeah, not sure about the "not fun" comment.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 02:54:43 AM »
I laughed when they cut to some random other person from nerd wallet to say that saving 50% of your income requires tracking every penny and isn't fun at all.

My savings rate is north of 50%, I don't keep a detailed budget, and I'm having plenty of fun (and what complaints I have are entirely due to not having enough free time from work, not a shortage of money).

Hmmm...
So someone who earns $50,000 a year and spends $50,000 a year must be having fun. Someone who earns $100,000 a year and only spends $50,000 a year is... not having fun?

Is that the logical conclusion?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 04:14:47 PM »
Hey @secondcor521 I ended up staying in the Cali place after all. PMing seems not to work for me now.

It's working, just got super busy planning a million things (OK, just 17) with my kids for this summer.  Will PM you back soon.  The weather in Boise is getting hot!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »
Hey @secondcor521 I ended up staying in the Cali place after all. PMing seems not to work for me now.

It's working, just got super busy planning a million things (OK, just 17) with my kids for this summer.  Will PM you back soon.  The weather in Boise is getting hot!
Good. Thought it was my pm as none of mine seem to be going thru lately and I'm having trouble recievingnas well.
Test PM sent :-)