Around the Internet > Mustachianism Around the Web

Engineer working in tech who makes $122k lives rent free in her car

(1/6) > >>

nnls:
This money diary on refinery29 is pretty mustachian.

Usually on here they are pretty spendy, so its interesting to read the comments on this one which is a lot less consumer driven.

mm1970:

--- Quote from: nnls on March 16, 2018, 11:46:01 PM ---This money diary on refinery29 is pretty mustachian.

Usually on here they are pretty spendy, so its interesting to read the comments on this one which is a lot less consumer driven.

--- End quote ---

Some of that was hard to follow ("my partner").

She likes donuts and cookies and cupcakes way too much.  Trust me, get better eating habits before you hit 30!!

Gosh sometimes I want that kind of job.  A former coworker of mine is now working for Google.  I can't even imagine the free food (he's not at Big G, just a smaller G elsewhere).  Then again, I can't eat wheat anymore, which kind of takes the fun out of free food.  I guess my kids get a lot of free food at school these days.

Alternate living is something that fascinates me.  I think it is a good thing if you want it, but kind of sucks if you don't.  I know many people who have lived in RVs, busses, their trucks or cars, on boats, vans, etc.  Including people doing it now or starting it soon (I guess it comes with the territory living in California).  One friend is moving into a truck and will be saving $2k a month on rent.

kaizen soze:
I once traveled to Irvine CA to interview for a job. During one of my interviews, this guy blurts out "the question you're probably asking yourself is 'can I live in Irvine on $125,000 a year?' and the answer is 'apparently'."

I wonder about the logistics and safety of living in your car. Does one park at work? In a different neighborhood each night? Does this mean you are usually just crashing someone's couch?

mm1970:

--- Quote from: kaizen soze on March 19, 2018, 12:09:43 PM ---I once traveled to Irvine CA to interview for a job. During one of my interviews, this guy blurts out "the question you're probably asking yourself is 'can I live in Irvine on $125,000 a year?' and the answer is 'apparently'."

I wonder about the logistics and safety of living in your car. Does one park at work? In a different neighborhood each night? Does this mean you are usually just crashing someone's couch?

--- End quote ---

At work, in the parking lot.  Or on the street in a neighborhood that you are familiar with.

nnls:

--- Quote from: mm1970 on March 19, 2018, 11:55:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: nnls on March 16, 2018, 11:46:01 PM ---This money diary on refinery29 is pretty mustachian.

--- End quote ---

Some of that was hard to follow ("my partner").

She likes donuts and cookies and cupcakes way too much.  Trust me, get better eating habits before you hit 30!!

Gosh sometimes I want that kind of job.  A former coworker of mine is now working for Google.  I can't even imagine the free food (he's not at Big G, just a smaller G elsewhere).  Then again, I can't eat wheat anymore, which kind of takes the fun out of free food.  I guess my kids get a lot of free food at school these days.

Alternate living is something that fascinates me.  I think it is a good thing if you want it, but kind of sucks if you don't.  I know many people who have lived in RVs, busses, their trucks or cars, on boats, vans, etc.  Including people doing it now or starting it soon (I guess it comes with the territory living in California).  One friend is moving into a truck and will be saving $2k a month on rent.

--- End quote ---

They are polygamous and non binary and I think their partner/s might be as well so I think that is why they dont use terms like boyfriend/girlfriend and their are multiple partners

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version