Author Topic: budgeting strategy of a family who lived comfortably on $14,000/yr  (Read 2318 times)

NJAbroad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I found this article today on Yahoo Finance.  I'm not sure if it has been posted yet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-budgeting-strategy-family-lived-163000862.html

It's about a family that lives on 14K a year GI Bill stipend.  It was an interesting article but the comments are a far more interesting read.  It amazes me how so many people find the smallest things to complain about.  I do agree that there is not enough info on the budget as it is only mentioned in passing.  However, most were suggesting a article name change because they paid cash for their house.  How could you be mad that someone paid $28K for a house?  There's a lot of hate in the comments.

jollygreen23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: budgeting strategy of a family who lived comfortably on $14,000/yr
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:29:55 PM »
The whole time I was reading this, I kept thinking: I want to see this budget! I wonder how it's divided up? They have a cable bill, so they can't have gone off the deep end, right? It's probably a very reasonable budget, but dadgummit, I want to see it!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!