Author Topic: Seattle/Bellevue area - need help to start up blog  (Read 3693 times)

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Seattle/Bellevue area - need help to start up blog
« on: January 05, 2017, 06:04:28 PM »
I'm looking for someone who could help me with the architecture of a new blog.  I've already got an account with bluehost and have a domain name.  I'm trying to keep the costs minimal so if anyone has any suggestions for a book to read, video to watch, etc that would also be helpful.  I'm willing to pay for a few hours of work, but trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

supersudo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Seattle/Bellevue area - need help to start up blog
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:01:52 PM »
Hi JoJo,

I recently started a blog myself, so I can't say I'm an expert. I am also not a software developer. However, I got something super basic up and running using bluehost as well. If you'd like to meet up to chat, I live in south Kirkland so we could just grab coffee (or a beer) and go over what I did sometime.

I'm always happy to make mustachian friends close to home!

-supersudo

DavidDoes

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »
JoJo,

I am a budding Web Developer, looking to build my portfolio. I'd love to help you out!

FrugalFisherman10

• Bristles
    • Fly Fishing Photo Project
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:51:55 PM »
Related Question on this

I too am interested in starting a blog, and I've done a fair bit of research, but I feel the pull towards drag-and-drop website builders like Wix and maybe squarespace. I've got a pretty good idea built out of what I'd like it to look and feel like on Wix right now, but I'm starting to wonder: are you really going to get a professional looking website and blog from Wix? (assuming a paid plan, domain.com name and all that)

I'd be interested in DavidDoes' opinion (though I recognize it may be biased as he is trying to build some business :)  )

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:13:46 PM »
I muddled thru it and got my blog up and running at https://thehotflashpacker.com/

It's not perfect but it works for now.  It isn't generating alot of traffic.  I couldn't post or check my stats for 10 days and one day got 0 views!  The best day in the last month was 100 views.  Travel blogging is a tough business to break into... too many bloggers in this space.