Author Topic: kayak?  (Read 3472 times)

iamsoners

• Stubble
kayak?
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
looking for a touring kayak around 10-12 ft long, and less than 28" wide somewhere in the midwest

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: kayak?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:41:18 AM »
looking for a touring kayak around 10-12 ft long, and less than 28" wide somewhere in the midwest

(Emphasis mine.)

Is it just me, or did anyone else picture him sitting in a kayak in the middle of a cornfield?

Sort of like this:
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »
Go to canoe liveries and see what used boats they have available to sell.  We found a beautiful deal on an incredibly light Old Town canoe that way. Around here, they tend not to advertise stuff like that too much, but most of the places we called had something or other available and were very willing to let us come take a look.

Parizade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Happily FIREd
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
LOL arebelspy! I'm from the Midwestern state of Minnesota - land of 10,000 lakes - so this is the image that came to my mind: