Author Topic: Is there a place (online) to buy used tabletop games?  (Read 7586 times)

Rekreativc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Is there a place (online) to buy used tabletop games?
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:07:30 AM »
I really enjoy tabletop games with a bunch of friends and a bottle of wine, but paying $40+ for a piece of (brilliantly designed, but still) cardboard is a bit over the top for me.

Did anyone come across a website where used ones are being sold? I know reddit has an exchange program, but that's not really what I'm looking for at the moment.

I know this is a long shot but still :) : Is anyone selling Lords of waterdeep? Preferably from Europe so the postage doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:41:06 AM by Rekreativc »

ladyofnomads

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Is there a place (online) to buy used tabletop games?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »
Well, there's Ebay of course. But also there are very low cost or free print and play games all over the web. You are free to make the materials as simple or ornate as you like for the cost of the materials only. Here's a compilation of games and supply list. http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Print_and_Play_Games  There's also a forum at that site with trade and hot deal subforums.

tddoog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
Boardgame geek also has a marketplace where you can buy used games.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/110327/lords-of-waterdeep

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
http://www.nobleknight.com/

Strategy board games, role playing games.

Sebastian

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
I have several board game/table topic type games that I'd be willing to sell at a deep discount. They are practically new I only used them once. I used to work at a game distributor and I am up to my ears in games I need to get rid of! :)

Royale with Moustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:07:35 PM »
I have several board game/table topic type games that I'd be willing to sell at a deep discount. They are practically new I only used them once. I used to work at a game distributor and I am up to my ears in games I need to get rid of! :)

Do tell? Board games are one of my weaknesses. If you got good games and better prices, I would be willing to take some off your hands.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 02:39:12 PM »
WTB: Blood Bowl!

Already have the PC version.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »

Yes please share!

Lords of Waterdeep has an incredibly large number of tiny pieces, if you did go the second hard route you should spend some time making sure all the pieces are there! If you can work it into your budget, I'd buy it new...then you get all the bonus fun of punching out all those tiny pieces ;)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »
Russ and I are thinking of buying a bar of hex stock to make a Catan board. It would be a fun project, but I don't know how much we'd save compared to the price of the game.

Sebastian

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »

Yes please share!

http://madison.craigslist.org/tag/3800871823.html

there is the link to a handful of them :) I looked up the prices on BoardGameGeek for very good condition (because literally I've only played with each one less than 3 times) and posted them. Let me know what you think. If you disagree with the prices let me know what some fair prices are and I'll more than likely consider it!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:18:31 AM by SethBahookey »