Author Topic: Atlanta area car for sale (asking $750)  (Read 569 times)

Zoot

• Stubble
Atlanta area car for sale (asking $750)
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
Hi, all--after getting a great deal on a new-to-us used Chevy Volt, we have our former car available for sale.

It's a 2004 Pontiac Vibe, 225K miles.  It needs an intake manifold repair (as diagnosed by our long-time mechanic).  We put tires on it a year ago, and they are still in good shape.

Slight damage to the left rear panel from a hit-and-run (other drive left the scene) on GA400 about 2 years ago; since the car was old we just let it go.  ;-)

KBB private party for this car in "fair" condition (the lowest they list online) is $1700.  Given the issues, we're asking $750 (or best offer).

After having exhausted a set of leads in our circle of acquaintance, we'll be moving to donation at the end of next week (Friday, January 13).

PM me if interested!  :)

gatorfox

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Atlanta area car for sale (asking $750)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
junking it may give you $500, probably better to donate :)

Zoot

• Stubble
Re: Atlanta area car for sale (asking $750)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »
Update:  CarMax offered $700 for it; ended up selling it to a friend-of-a-friend for that amount instead.

Junking it would have yielded about $150, based on the couple of calls I made (Pull-A-Part and some other company).

I had previously thought that CarMax wouldn't buy vehicles > 10 years old.  The CarMax people I spoke to said they would buy anything, running or not (and that they had bought a 1971 car earlier in the week).  It's just that they don't put vehicles > 10 years old on their lot to sell.  Lesson learned!  :)