Author Topic: (Another) Website Gig  (Read 2124 times)

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
(Another) Website Gig
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
Guys and Gals, I am very likely going to be venturing full time into the Sole Proprietorship I started about a year ago and need a website.  I am using bluehost and am fine with having it as a wordpress build (if my 'builder' recommends it).  Nothing complicated, four pages or so, with a contact us feature and maybe (eventually) a price estimator built in.  Needs to have responsive / mobile-optimized theme and recognition.

Page 1 (landing) : About Priest Drafting Services and testimonials below
Page 2 : Types of projects (and eventually a cost-estimator, maybe)
Page 3 : Testimonials and Example Projects
Page 4 : Process Description
Page 5 : Do you need a Draftsman vs Do you need an Architect page.

Looking to set this up with the templates and blank fields first and then come back in with example photos as headers and backgrounds, real testimonials, etc after the build is complete (but can change that up if required).  I'm guessing I am about 2 months out and still need to get more high resolution videos and photos, as well as collect the testimonials.  To be honest, A build like this (especially with mobile) puts me way in over my head.

About me:  I am side-giging it with a sole proprietorship that I started and may very likely have a FU story in the works and move into my side business full time.  Either way (whether I go full time or not), I am needing a website.  I am freelance drafting for commercial businesses under 20,000 square feet and have several projects under my belt.  Before starting the side gig, I was a production detailer (drafter) for metal building companies. 

I am willing to pay the normal going rates for a build like this, and am looking forward to input from those on this forum on who would be a good fit.  Feel free to call out ( @name ) anyone whom you think would be a good fit and I'll PM based on the posts here.  I think this is a great community and would much rather select from this pool than a freelance website that takes a cut of the pay.

If anyone has any input or has gone down this road before and has advice, throw it in as well. 

Thanks!

Raymond Reddington

• Stubble
  • "The Concierge of Cash"
Re: (Another) Website Gig
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:42:22 AM »
My wife does web development as her side hustle. She currently has a fair amount of work, but if you'd like I can ask her if she's interested in taking on a new client. She's definitely pro Wordpress, and mobile optimization is important to her when she designs sites.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:46:18 AM by Raymond Reddington »

Raymond Reddington

• Stubble
  • "The Concierge of Cash"
Re: (Another) Website Gig
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:53:28 PM »
Just spoke with her. She'd be willing to take this on, if you're interested. PM me your info and I'll pass it along to her, and she can get in touch with you.