Author Topic: The Millionaire Mind  (Read 2733 times)

LindseyS

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
The Millionaire Mind
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »
Has anyone read this?  If so, what did you think?

mamagoose

• Bristles
Re: The Millionaire Mind
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 11:08:46 AM »
I did recently, it was a good refresher but not "life-changing".

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »
I felt like it focused too much on outliers to be really helpful. Just because those strategies worked for the teeny tiny percentage of people who became very rich doesn't mean they will work for the vast majority of regular people.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
I felt like it focused too much on outliers to be really helpful. Just because those strategies worked for the teeny tiny percentage of people who became very rich doesn't mean they will work for the vast majority of regular people.

Well, first of all, NO strategy will work for ALL people in ALL circumstances.

Not having read the book, did those strategies only work for a teeny tiny percentage of people because only a teeny tiny percentage of people have tried them?

The reason I ask is because most people in the USA will discount the strategies that MMM fans use for the same reason... 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »
EDIT: Never mind, thought you were talking about Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker, not The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley.  Only read TMND by him, not TMM.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:30 PM »
EDIT: Never mind, thought you were talking about Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker, not The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley.  Only read TMND by him, not TMM.
When I first saw the thread title I thought it would be about T. Harv Eker.  If it was, my honest opinion would be to walk away FAST.  Just my opinion.