Author Topic: The Intelligent Investor  (Read 2308 times)

DividendMonster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Dividend Monster
The Intelligent Investor
« on: January 28, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
Hello,

I'm almost finished reading The Intelligent Investor by Graham for the second time. This begs the question... what next?! I was wondering if there were any great next steps that anyone could recommend. I really enjoyed the book but at times it became a little too heavy to read without the follow up at the end of each chapter. Any books that would give even more insight into investing or more specifically, dividend investing but with a more modern writing style that you could suggest?

Thanks.

lazyp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: The Intelligent Investor
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »
I've read the Intelligent Investor also, tough to successfully apply the formula, i did a few test buys on two stocks that scored very high.. and after 6 months they look awful.  However its supposed to be long term. 

A newer book that has really changed the way i look at mutual funds.. and asset allocation is Money, master the game by Tony Robbins.  I was hesitant at first, I wasn't a Tony Robbins type of guy, but once you cut through his hype, the insight on the mutual fund industry is mind blowing. 

my.02$

Old Man Mase

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Old Man Mase
Re: The Intelligent Investor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
I'm working my way through The Intelligent Investor too and yeah,  it is a little heavy (especially since it is my first time through it). I'd recommend Single Best Investment by Lowell Miller. It has a great overview of dividend growth investing and is written in a pretty conversational style.

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian