Author Topic: Best Ways to Collect Money/Items for Classroom Projects/Gifts  (Read 1456 times)

gatortator

• Bristles
Hi MMM parents!

I need your help.  I am charge of collecting money/gifts from parents for a classroom project.  Other than simply asking parents to send their kids to school with the money,  what have been the best ways you have used/found to collect money for a classroom project? 

Please respond with helpful suggestions only.  Thanks!

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
Re: Best Ways to Collect Money/Items for Classroom Projects/Gifts
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »
I got our room parents to collect money through Venmo.  I hated sending in cash (and one time it got lost), and checks were often not cashed for months on end, which drove me batty.  A couple years ago I decided to send my contribution via venmo, and I told that particular room parent that that was how I would be paying from now on.  Within a week, all of the classes at my school were collecting money electronically, either through Venmo or Cash app.  It's SO MUCH EASIER to keep track of, for everyone involved.  I'm such a trendsetter!  :)

tthree

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »
We do all parent collections for school and daycare via etransfer.  Send email and desired security question to all, and it you want to bypass the security question you can change this setting.

Hadilly

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »
PayPal in my neck of the woods.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:59:56 AM »
Venmo or Paypal -- and it's a good idea to offer both, as in my area some folks are not on Venmo but do have Paypal.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!