Author Topic: Willamette Valley Mustachians (Oregon)  (Read 50148 times)

davef

• Stubble
Re: Willamette Valley Mustachians (Oregon)
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2016, 10:47:17 AM »
Are these groups still happening?

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2016, 10:55:52 AM »
Yes! PM me and I'll figure out how to share/invite (or whatever?) on FB so you're in the loop.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2016, 04:08:55 PM »
I feel like an interloper too even though I live only 80 miles South of PDX. I have only been to one meetup in 3 years (My RE "anniversary" is Jan 10th).

So I will have been to one PDX mtg and one Seatac mtg.. At least I get invited back..:)

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »
Has it really been three years?  Geez.

Willamette Valley claims you all!  We'll just call ourselves the Cascadian Mustachians and then we're all good and included.

I'm looking forward to meeting MonkeyJenga on Feb. 26!

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2016, 02:59:11 PM »
Hi! I am going to be visiting Portland in Feb 2017 and want to do a meetup on Sunday, Feb 26th. If you're interested in coming, let me know! And if I could get added to the FB group, I can post this there too.

Hey MonkeyJenga it would be super fun to see you! I've asked our Facebook group leader to add you...although now that I think of it we don't know your real name! Do a search for "MMM Potluck Group" and you'll see a closed group. Send a message to the organizer and ask for entry.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »
I feel like an interloper too even though I live only 80 miles South of PDX. I have only been to one meetup in 3 years (My RE "anniversary" is Jan 10th).

So I will have been to one PDX mtg and one Seatac mtg.. At least I get invited back..:)

At the risk of exposing my super secret location and identity, maybe I'll host a "mid valley" meetup, for those folks a bit further south.

Would there be interest in that?

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »

At the risk of exposing my super secret location and identity, maybe I'll host a "mid valley" meetup, for those folks a bit further south.

Another Oregon MMMer here. I'd be able to make it whether close to PDX, Salem or even Eugene :).

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
I'm in Corvallis so count me in.

sonjak

• Stubble
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:12 PM »

Another Oregon MMMer here. I'd be able to make it whether close to PDX, Salem or even Eugene :).
Me too.  I'm in PDX but would drive farther south, for sure. 

And I'm not on Facebook so it would be nice to have a time/location posted here and not just there.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »

Me too.  I'm in PDX but would drive farther south, for sure. 

And I'm not on Facebook so it would be nice to have a time/location posted here and not just there.

I think part of the issue posting it here is we've had some member issues in the past. No way to prevent them from seeing things posted here, and showing up. Also, people often host at their private homes, and would be loathe to post their address on such a public forum (vs the FB group where you have to be a member to see the events)

sonjak

• Stubble
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »
I understand!  Concerns about privacy is a large part of why I don't use Facebook.  Certainly, supportive of not posting private member's addresses here but if it's somewhere public, it would be nice.

dreamsunlimited

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
Hi, I am new to the forum.
Does anyone know about details meetup tomorrow at Treehouse? Is it paid or can we just walk in?

Thanks in Advance!

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
I don't know the details, but I can't imagine you have to pay. That doesn't sound like Pete/MMM at all. I can't go, but if I could, I'd just show up!

dreamsunlimited

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »
Thank you Freckles! I will just show up then :)

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2017, 12:46:55 PM »
Have fun!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Hey all!

We're passing through Oregon mid-to-end of next week. Anyone up for a meetup?

Maybe we could do something Saturday the 23rd?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »
Hey all!

We're passing through Oregon mid-to-end of next week. Anyone up for a meetup?

Maybe we could do something Saturday the 23rd?

We have a wedding the 23rd, but we could do the couple days before or the day after =)

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2017, 01:47:08 PM »
I could meet the 23rd.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2017, 02:00:31 PM »
We have a wedding the 23rd, but we could do the couple days before or the day after =)

Cool!  Before works better for us, I was just trying to pick a weekend since lots of people have jobs. The 24th could work, too.

Where (what city) do you all usually have your meetups?

PM if sensitive.

I could meet the 23rd.

Awesome! What's your freedom before/after that date? Hopefully we can find something that works for a majority, whether that's the 23rd or otherwise. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »
I can meet the 21/22 or 24th as well.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »

Cool!  Before works better for us, I was just trying to pick a weekend since lots of people have jobs. The 24th could work, too.

Where (what city) do you all usually have your meetups?

PM if sensitive.

I could meet the 23rd.

Awesome! What's your freedom before/after that date? Hopefully we can find something that works for a majority, whether that's the 23rd or otherwise. :)

The most active meetups are Portland, but there have also been meetups in Salem and Eugene. Really any I5 corridor city would work for us. =)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2017, 02:29:36 PM »
Yup I'm pretty flexible too.. anywhere on I5..:)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
Yup I'm pretty flexible too.. anywhere on I5..:)

So is Seattle or San Diego better then?  ;)

Cool, I wasn't sure if you all from further south made it up to Portland. 

If you do, maybe Portland on the 24th, to try and get all of you plus all of Portland people?

Wasn't sure if we'd need to go down to Eugene and Bend and stuff to see everyone.  :)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
Portland is not a problem for me.. Heck I have even made it to Seattle twice..:)

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2017, 02:48:33 PM »
Oh, you retired people and all your freedom!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2017, 07:20:44 PM »
So is current plan Sunday then? When and where?

mamagoose

• Bristles
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
Do any southern Oregonians attend these meetups?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
Do any southern Oregonians attend these meetups?

What are you counting as southern? Like Medford/Ashland/Grants Pass/Klamath Falls? I haven't met any that I'm aware of, that would be one hell of a drive. It's like 5 hours from Medford to Portland.

mamagoose

• Bristles
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
Ashland yep.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2017, 10:11:20 AM »

That is a good question. There hasn't been much interest, so maybe we'll try to just stop by and see anyone who wants to hang out on our passing through.  :)

Is there a Portland MMM Facebook group or forum thread? How do they organize meetups?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »

That is a good question. There hasn't been much interest, so maybe we'll try to just stop by and see anyone who wants to hang out on our passing through.  :)

Is there a Portland MMM Facebook group or forum thread? How do they organize meetups?

Facebook group. I'll send you the link over on facebook messenger. I think you might already be a member, haha.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »

Facebook group. I'll send you the link over on facebook messenger. I think you might already be a member, haha.

Thanks for the link!

I am not a member yet of that one. I'm like 95% sure I found the group the other day and requested to join (when I also found the Willamette Valley group, and joined that), but I know one of the admins and she's out of town in Hawaii right now, and the other admin doesn't know me--I'm wondering if my "passing through" answer to where I live in Oregon didn't pass his test so he denied my request to join.

/shrug

I'll try again.  :)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
ARS.. Tell them you are a visiting Mustache dignitary...:)

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
Southern Oregon would be too far for me unfortunately. But I'm happy to meet somewhere closer. How about Salem?

Also, my plans have changed and I can't meet Fri 9/22 but can still meet Sat 9/23 or Sun 9/24. Would prefer Sat but Sun works too.

@arebelspy: let me know what you decide. It would be great to meet you all.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »
I'm sure there is interest, Rebs, we just haven't gotten the word out very well yet.

I'm happy to host. I was going to suggest a park but it's hard to say if the weather will be cooperative or not. But I have a patio and backyard so if the weather is nice we can be outside, and if it's not there's plenty of room inside. Would that work? I can post it in the Facebook group for Sunday afternoon. Perhaps I'd do better to send you a PM. But everyone else who sees this and is in the general Portland or not-too-far-to-travel area, how about Sunday at my house?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:24 AM »
I'm sure there is interest, Rebs, we just haven't gotten the word out very well yet.

I'm happy to host. I was going to suggest a park but it's hard to say if the weather will be cooperative or not. But I have a patio and backyard so if the weather is nice we can be outside, and if it's not there's plenty of room inside. Would that work? I can post it in the Facebook group for Sunday afternoon. Perhaps I'd do better to send you a PM. But everyone else who sees this and is in the general Portland or not-too-far-to-travel area, how about Sunday at my house?

Sounds great to us coming from the south! Easier than getting to NE or something. (Also I want to pet your dog).

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
:)  She really wants you to pet her. She'd probably like to curl up in your lap, too, if you'll let her.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2017, 09:49:09 AM »
:)  She really wants you to pet her. She'd probably like to curl up in your lap, too, if you'll let her.

Oh, I will absolutely let her. =) She is a good tiny thing.

Are we doing this pot luck style?

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
Yes? I need to post about it on FB. What time should I say? 1? 2?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2017, 10:06:35 AM »

That's awesome! Thanks Freckles! We're in!  :)

Any time works for us.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
Whatever works for you! Earlier afternoon obviously is best for us vs evening, since we have to drive home after, but 1 vs 2 doesn't matter to us! Yay! I'm excited to see everyone again.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2017, 10:42:51 AM »
Yea, fun! I'm glad you guys can make the trip. Too bad monstermonster is out of town.

B_J, if you guys want to stay the night so you don't have to do the drive up and down in one day, you are welcome. We don't have an official guest room, but we have the family room and I have a blow up mattress. We can figure out something. Either the night before or Sunday night, whatever would work better for you guys.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
Yea, fun! I'm glad you guys can make the trip. Too bad monstermonster is out of town.

B_J, if you guys want to stay the night so you don't have to do the drive up and down in one day, you are welcome. We don't have an official guest room, but we have the family room and I have a blow up mattress. We can figure out something. Either the night before or Sunday night, whatever would work better for you guys.

I appreciate the offer. It isn't too bad of a run. Besides, we're both used to 300+ miles in a day for work upon occasion =)

Be sure to let me know if you need us to bring anything specific! Otherwise it'll probably be like chips and hummus or something.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
Bring whatever you like. :)

OK, I created an event on the Facebook group. My house, Sunday the 24th at 1PM. Potluck if you can, and if you can't, no worries. No one will starve. If you want to come but you're not in the FB group, send me a PM and I'll send you my address.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
Just realized this will be at the same time as the Seahawks game, so make sure everyone knows no spoilers if they check their phone for the score! ;)

(IDK if any of you watch football, but had to say just in case.)

Freckles, if it's okay with you, we'll park on your curb Sunday night?  Then we'll head down to your place BJ on Monday and park there Monday night, if that works for you two*? Then we can head out to meet Russ on Tuesday?

I haven't mapped it, but I think that seems like a reasonable route?  :)

*too also works here, funny enough.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »
Just realized this will be at the same time as the Seahawks game, so make sure everyone knows no spoilers if they check their phone for the score! ;)

(IDK if any of you watch football, but had to say just in case.)

Freckles, if it's okay with you, we'll park on your curb Sunday night?  Then we'll head down to your place BJ on Monday and park there Monday night, if that works for you two*? Then we can head out to meet Russ on Tuesday?

I haven't mapped it, but I think that seems like a reasonable route?  :)

*too also works here, funny enough.

Definitely a reasonable route =) Pretty easy drive times all around, and skipping most of the boring parts ;) Although between where we live and where Russ lives there are some neat sights, depending on what's still on fire and all that.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
You're welcome on our street or in the driveway any time!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2017, 11:20:09 AM »
depending on what's still on fire and all that.

Oh sheesh, I forgot about that!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »
depending on what's still on fire and all that.

Oh sheesh, I forgot about that!

Yeah =( Right now we need to check the fire map before going anywhere. The rain has helped a lot though, and opened a lot of evacuated zones.

Here's a map, although it's being updated right now so it's not currently working. https://gacc.nifc.gov/nwcc/information/firemap.aspx Should be back up soon though.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »
I will be there with a pot o chilli..:)