Author Topic: Washington, D.C. Area Meetup  (Read 5491 times)

MapleFarmer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Washington, D.C. Area Meetup
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »
Hello friends,

I wonder if there are any Mustachians in the D.C. area who'd like to get together.  If you're into DIY home improvement projects, even better.

Looking forward to it!

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
Re: Washington, D.C. Area Meetup
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
Check out the DC Mustachians Google Group! We have meetups, oh, every other month or so, whenever someone feels like scheduling one, which you'd be welcome to do!

buhobuho

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:06:30 PM »
Just moved here and it would be great to meet a cool group of Mustachians!

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:54:07 AM »
I just sent a quick email to the DC Mustachians Google Group.  Not sure if it is still in use.

bobcobb7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
Interested as well in the DC area meetup. Is this group still active? I'm up in Maryland.

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:39:04 AM »
There were a couple emails back and forth when I joined.  Appears to still be active

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »
Yep, still active!  Just slow lately. 

We now have a meetup scheduled for 1pm Sunday, Oct 23 in Crystal City at the Water Park.  Still looking for a foul-weather backup plan.  See the googlegroup thread for more details. 

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 06:09:25 AM »
We're all over NoVa, DC, and MD.  For how long are you visiting?  I think the next thing on the schedule is in DC on 8 Jan (Sunday).

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 06:18:26 PM »
I wish I had some free time over the next few days to meet up with you.  Maybe others will.  At the very least, I'll see you next year at CMC.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 05:59:47 AM »
We're all over NoVa, DC, and MD.  For how long are you visiting?  I think the next thing on the schedule is in DC on 8 Jan (Sunday).

A bit up in the air, a short visit but at least through Monday evening. At some point will be heading down the way to Baltimore and then south.
Thought I'd check if anyone was nearby and free the next few days, know it's short notice.

Email the group. We were headed into DC on short notice two years ago, someone said they'd organize something at their house, sent a message to the group, and like 20-30 people showed up, it was great, met a few forum people (LongWayToGo, aetherie, etc.), had a lot of fun.  They had had just had a meetup the week before, so a lot of people didn't come (I guess they have a few hundred people in that group), and there was almost no overlap between the two meetups--it worked well as a time for people who had been unable to make the one the week before to come chill.

See if someone's willing to host something, or at least suggest a place (you suggest a time).  I bet you can get something put together on a day or two's notice and get as many people (a dozen plus) as most areas would get with a months' notice.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Hunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FI.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »
Here is the link to the DC area MMM group again ... just to ensure it is easy to find.

http://groups.google.com/group/dc-mustachians

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »
For anyone not on the DC MMM googlegroup:  there's a meetup this Saturday in Alexandria.  Join the group (see post above) for details.

hokiepat03

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
This is excellent, I'm moving to the Southern Maryland area this week, and hoping to be at the meetup this Saturday.  Thanks!

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 05:49:32 AM »
This is excellent, I'm moving to the Southern Maryland area this week, and hoping to be at the meetup this Saturday.  Thanks!

That was 2 weeks ago - not this Saturday, sorry! Hope to see you at the next one though :)

hokiepat03

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 09:22:18 AM »
Ah, I should have read more carefully. Thank you!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »

That was 2 weeks ago - not this Saturday, sorry! Hope to see you at the next one though :)

You really missed an opportunity here to play a prank on the new guy.  ;)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »

You really missed an opportunity here to play a prank on the new guy.  ;)

Would have been a prank on me, too, to have random people show up and disturb my evening nap.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »
Would have been a prank on me, too, to have random people show up and disturb my evening nap.

Didn't realize you were hosting this at your place.

That's funny.