Author Topic: Vancouver/Seattle Camping Meetup June 9/10, 2018 (Bellingham, Washington)  (Read 16472 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Or "Hi, my name is _____" stickers from the dollar store that can go on the CM lanyards maybe?

(which is easier to wear than sticking a sticker right on your shirt, and can be worn multiple days).

I'm just really bad with names, plus like to link forum names and real people, so I tend to appreciate name tags. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
    • I found happiness! Now what!?
I like the reusing concept.  Do you guys have CM lanyards to bring? 
On dating endlessly: “Everything will be alright in the end! If it’s not alright, it’s not the end!”

Canadian and not satisfied with your current bank?  Switch to Tangerine using this key 47894562S1 and we both win.

Journal: I Found Happiness!  Now What?!

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
  • Power through Positivity
    • Mindful Explorer
Have fun everyone, I am currently on a travel project in the mountains north of Idaho and Montana in the beautiful British Columbia Kootenays. I am unable to attend and wish you all the best of times.
The Mindful Explorer : Explore-Adventure-Photograph https://www.ChrisIstace.com

MMM Forums Journal - Beyond The Usual

JustTrying

• Stubble
Is it too late for me to join? I just realized today that I don't have any friends who are working towards early retirement, and that I'd like some. I decided to check up the MMM forums for meetups, and discovered this event! I LOVE camping!

Would anyone who already booked a site be willing to share with me ( @biomedgeek  @v8rx7guy )? I'll have a small car and a tent.

It will definitely be me (female in my 30s) and my daughter (toddler), and maybe my husband.

Let me know if I can join, particularly if you're willing to share a campsite with me!

Thanks!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Is it too late for me to join? I just realized today that I don't have any friends who are working towards early retirement, and that I'd like some. I decided to check up the MMM forums for meetups, and discovered this event! I LOVE camping!

Would anyone who already booked a site be willing to share with me ( @biomedgeek  @v8rx7guy )? I'll have a small car and a tent.

It will definitely be me (female in my 30s) and my daughter (toddler), and maybe my husband.

Let me know if I can join, particularly if you're willing to share a campsite with me!

Thanks!

@JustTrying it is not too late.  If you can't find a shared spot I suggest you call the campground.  I'll link the information below.  Just mention you are in the MMM group and she will position you in the same proximity. 

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/vancouverseattle-camping-meetup-june-910-2018-(bellingham-washington)/msg1848072/#msg1848072
On dating endlessly: “Everything will be alright in the end! If it’s not alright, it’s not the end!”

Canadian and not satisfied with your current bank?  Switch to Tangerine using this key 47894562S1 and we both win.

v8rx7guy

• Pencil Stache

We are bringing a tent trailer that I am guessing is going to take up our whole site

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:59:09 AM by v8rx7guy »

JustTrying

• Stubble
@v8rx7guy thanks for the reply! :)

imustachemystash

• Bristles
I just found a box of left over name tags from previous Camp Mustaches too!  I will bring them and I think we will have plenty.

Also, this fun event was discussed at Camp Mustache and we rounded up a few more people that plan to come.  They are not on the forum though. 

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
I just found a box of left over name tags from previous Camp Mustaches too!  I will bring them and I think we will have plenty.

Also, this fun event was discussed at Camp Mustache and we rounded up a few more people that plan to come.  They are not on the forum though.

That's great, just give them the campground information and add them to the fun!

PNW Lady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
@JustTrying you are welcome to share site #6 with us. As of today, it is looking like it will just be me and my daughter.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
@v8rx7guy I would not assume that your tent trailer will take up the whole site.  I'd call Laura and ask.  It sounded like the sites were fairly generous.  Good luck!

JustTrying

• Stubble
@PNW Lady fantastic! I'll send you a message!

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
Does anyone still have a spot that can be shared with a van or RV?

It looks like I can borrow a converted cargo van next weekend. It would be me and the service-pup-in-training I refer to here as Burgertime (almost 11 months old, labrador) camping in the van.

I can no longer stay in lodge and would still be interested in "selling" my bunk. I was originally planning to come to this event dog-less, but due to events this past month, I would only be able to join with pup as my +1.

Feel free to pm me directly!
Ask me about my puppy pics!

PNW Lady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I am so bummed, but it looks like I will not be coming to the meetup afterall;-( I have a schedule conflict that I just found out about. Hopefully another time.

Have fun camping!!!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Does anyone still have a spot that can be shared with a van or RV?

It looks like I can borrow a converted cargo van next weekend. It would be me and the service-pup-in-training I refer to here as Burgertime (almost 11 months old, labrador) camping in the van.

I can no longer stay in lodge and would still be interested in "selling" my bunk. I was originally planning to come to this event dog-less, but due to events this past month, I would only be able to join with pup as my +1.

Feel free to pm me directly!

Sounds like site #6 is open since PNW Lady had a conflict come up (and JustTrying was going to split it, so you could easily step into that spot)... :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
I just saw this thread too.  Any chance there's a spot for 1 more - minivan size (transit connect) and I sleep in the van.  What's the cost at this point?

JustTrying

• Stubble
@FIFoFum yep, I was planning to share with PNW Lady, but she's now unable to go. I think she might have already called to cancel the reservation. I'd still be looking to share a site. I will PM you!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
I just saw this thread too.  Any chance there's a spot for 1 more - minivan size (transit connect) and I sleep in the van.  What's the cost at this point?

The cost is still the same and it is based on the campground rates of $35 per night.  Some people are sharing a site to cut that rate in half.  It’s not too late ;)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Our puppy is too young, and we don't have care =( We won't be making it. Have fun everyone! I wish we could come.
My journal: Hiding in the Ferns
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
I am likely going to be at the campground fairly early on the Friday as I took the day off.  If anyone is interested in doing some canoeing there at the campground I'm game. 

Just reply here or send me a PM. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Our puppy is too young, and we don't have care =( We won't be making it. Have fun everyone! I wish we could come.

Bummer!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache

The cost is still the same and it is based on the campground rates of $35 per night.  Some people are sharing a site to cut that rate in half.  It’s not too late ;)

Anyone care to share?

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
Update - I'm reserved to stay in a campground site with the borrowed camper van. JustTrying will be my site share buddy.

I still have a bunk at the Zikoris lodge that I'm happy to "sell" to another camper. (If not, I guess I'll use some kitchen privileges, even while staying in the van. :) ).
Ask me about my puppy pics!

biomedgeek

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
@JoJo You're welcome to share with me and my pup

Nikita

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I'm coming. Somehow I can't find my campsite number on the reservation, so not sure where exactly I will be.
I'll be arriving on Saturday around 2 PM. I assume it would somewhat easy to identify who is with this group and who is not, so hopefully we won't have trouble finding each other.

I'm sleeping in the car, so if someone wants to use my tent site, you are welcome to.

I'm arriving late, but if there's anything I can help with organization-wise, I'd love to.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Hi all, I am a super minimalist camper.  I literally have a tripod chair to sit on.  If anyone has an extra $10 special that you can throw in for the campfire chats I’d be appreciative;)

Any takers on the canoe idea Friday afternoon?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
If anyone has an extra $10 special that you can throw in for the campfire chats I’d be appreciative;)

No worries, we have several camping chairs.

Our ETA is likely around 4:30pm.

v8rx7guy

• Pencil Stache
Looking forward to this, but I am also sure hoping the forecast changes soon!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Looking forward to this, but I am also sure hoping the forecast changes soon!

We’ve been spoiled for sure but it’s still pretty reasonable.

Thanks ARS and look forward to meeting you!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Campground Guidelines

This is going to be a great weekend.  Just a quick reminder that this is a Christian Retreat Center for kids.  As such, they have strict policies around the use of alcohol (moderate use in campsites) and marijuana (not allowed).  There is also a typical curfew for noise.

http://www.camplutherwood.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Revised-Rental-Terms.pdf

Here are the details for those who want some light reading ;)

In summary, let's all respect the surroundings and other campers and have a fantastic weekend! 

AdiposeFinn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
If it's not too late to join to fun I'll be there. Let me know F@45.

Nikita, I can share the spot with you, if available. Otherwise, I'll call the office and reserve another site.

Nikita

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Nikita, I can share the spot with you, if available.

Yes, still available. Sent you a PM with my phone number to coordinate.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Hi all, I am a super minimalist camper.  I literally have a tripod chair to sit on.  If anyone has an extra $10 special that you can throw in for the campfire chats I’d be appreciative;)

Any takers on the canoe idea Friday afternoon?
Thinking about it.   I need to see what time I can get out by.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache

Nikita, I can share the spot with you, if available. Otherwise, I'll call the office and reserve another site.

Provided there are sites it's never too late ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:59:29 AM by FIRE_at_45 »

AdiposeFinn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Provided their are sites it's never too late ;)

Thanks F@45. I'll coordinate with Nikita. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

biomedgeek

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I still have a spot to share at my campsite

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Ooh!  Me too, I have an opening now.

Biomedgeek - if you want to cancel yours and share mine, it would work.  I will have a small tent trailer.

:)

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Hi all,

I just received a note from Laura and I think we have 13 spots booked which is amazing.  We actually may have the whole place.  Did anyone book site #2? If not, I am asking her to move that group to another area.  She has us all located by one another with the open space in the middle.  It's perfect except I'd like her to move them.

She's fine with people showing up and checking in early. 

Your welcome to come early.  Check in at the office when you arrive.

I've literally never seen the place.  She's given me the option to move people around but I'll only do that if it makes sense. 

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
Hi all,

I just received a note from Laura and I think we have 13 spots booked which is amazing.  We actually may have the whole place.  Did anyone book site #2? If not, I am asking her to move that group to another area.  She has us all located by one another with the open space in the middle.  It's perfect except I'd like her to move them.

She's fine with people showing up and checking in early. 

Your welcome to come early.  Check in at the office when you arrive.

I've literally never seen the place.  She's given me the option to move people around but I'll only do that if it makes sense.

There was one person who rsvp'd on the Meetup group, but may not be on the forums - could be her (or one of the other people who isn't on the forums).

I am super looking forward to seeing everyone's camping setups. It sounds like there are so many different things people are doing.
Blogging about frugality, travel, and Vancouver life - www.incomingassets.wordpress.com

I also have a journal! http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-zikoris-diaries/

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
I have the person's name.  If no one responds to confirm I'll just ask her to ask the person (it is a guy) if he wants to move away from our group.

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
I have the person's name.  If no one responds to confirm I'll just ask her to ask the person (it is a guy) if he wants to move away from our group.

I dunno… seems like a pretty good opportunity to gain a convert to me. ;-) Someone's bringing the Kool-Aid, right?

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all in person!

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
It would be pretty funny to just leave it as is and pretend they're part of the group. Like, we'll all be in on it. You could really mess with their heads.
Blogging about frugality, travel, and Vancouver life - www.incomingassets.wordpress.com

I also have a journal! http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-zikoris-diaries/

v8rx7guy

• Pencil Stache
Just picked up the firewood for the group... so I guess I am committed now!  My wife is bailing due to weather and keeping our youngest home, but she will join up with us for the hike if that goes down.  I'll still be bringing my 3yo... we still have site #12 AFAIK.

See you all tomorrow!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Just picked up the firewood for the group... so I guess I am committed now!  My wife is bailing due to weather and keeping our youngest home, but she will join up with us for the hike if that goes down.  I'll still be bringing my 3yo... we still have site #12 AFAIK.

See you all tomorrow!

Thanks again for getting the firewood!  A little rain won’t stop us ;)

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
I decided to bail.  I was a last minute possible add, but the weather doesn't look so nice (I don't get much sleep in the van when it's raining) and I forgot I had a BBQ invite for Saturday.  Have fun!  Hopefully I can join the next one.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Weather Forecast

Friday -- Light rain (Trace) 0.25 in.
Saturday clearing to mostly sunny in the afternoon.  Trace of rain in the morning
Sunday - scattered showers but precip if it happens to be very light.
Temps average 15'C (63'F) or so.  Overnight at 10'c (50'F).

Seems like very decent camping weather to me. 
-->Especially the mostly sunny part on Saturday afternoon<--

Hiking at Larabee is still on for Saturday morning (early)for anyone who wants to join... leaving us the afternoon to play at the camp.

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
Hiking at Larabee is still on for Saturday morning (early)for anyone who wants to join... leaving us the afternoon to play at the camp.

You can still count me in!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Weather Forecast

Friday -- Light rain (Trace) 0.25 in.
Saturday clearing to mostly sunny in the afternoon.  Trace of rain in the morning
Sunday - scattered showers but precip if it happens to be very light.
Temps average 15'C (63'F) or so.  Overnight at 10'c (50'F).

Seems like very decent camping weather to me. 
-->Especially the mostly sunny part on Saturday afternoon<--

Hmm.  Tempting now.  I really have some housework I want to do.  the BBQ could be missed (a coworker's and pretty far drive).

JustTrying

• Stubble
Site #2 MIGHT be FIFoFum and I! We don't know which site number we are!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
We'll play musical sites and figure out a spot for everyone. :)