Author Topic: Vancouver/Seattle Camping Meetup June 9/10, 2018 (Bellingham, Washington)  (Read 16805 times)

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
    • I found happiness! Now what!?
MMM Meetup Vancouver/Seattle, Bellingham Washington

I am planning a camping meetup June 9/10th, 2018 in Bellingham, Washington.  This will be a low key event involving camping, camp fires and outdoor bliss.  There will be things planned but the vibe will be chill. 

Just food, fun and good company.

I found what I think is an ideal spot for people from Vancouver and Seattle.  Bellingham.  For those who don't know Bellingham has an airport.  It's also about 1 hr 45 minutes from Seatac International Airport and 1 hour from Vancouver International Airport if people want to fly in. 

The date is June 9/10, 2018.  At this point it's tentative because I won't book anything without firm commitments and money up front.  At this point the cost for the weekend will be $50 per person for 2 nights of camping.  This cost will likely include firewood and potentially some other stuff depending on how many people commit.  It will be a sliding scale.  The more people that commit the less the cost.  There will be a cap on the number of people if there is a lot of interest. 

Group Camping

The place I've found has a large group camping spot.  It also has cabins that people can rent if they aren't happy camping.  I will only organize the camping and let people fend for themselves if they want to rent a cabin. 

Canoeing

It's on a lake.  So there are opportunities to canoe....and swim although it's early in the summer season (still spring).

Boat Rentals:

Canoe/Kayak $10/hour
Paddle Boats/Boards $15/hour
*outside of Summer Schedule rentals need to be scheduled with the office ahead of time

Mountain Biking

And since I'm organizing things there will be...mountain biking for those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOE4UnZNL-s

https://www.trailforks.com/region/galbraith/

^Galbraith Mountain Biking

Hiking

And hiking.....although I won't be able to coordinate both.  I'll be looking for help to organize side trips.

^Whatcom Falls Park Bellingham

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g58350-Activities-c61-t87-Bellingham_Washington.html

^top 5 hikes Bellingham, Washington

High Ropes Course

This place also has a high up ropes course.

http://www.camplutherwood.org/challenge-course/

Challenge Course:

High Challenge Course: $30/person for a two hour session
Spend a day on the High Course where the individual and group face and overcome fears. This provides an opportunity to experience the difference between control (the attempt to create safety through our own efforts) and trust (putting safety in the hands of someone or something else).

Low Challenge Course: $20/person for a two hour session
Spend a day on Lutherwood’s low ropes course getting to know each other, how you interact as a group, and growing together. Figure out how to cross a river of lava at ‘bridges out’ or face the challenge of getting your entire group over the ‘wall’. Every challenge is designed to explore issues of trust as well as give each of your team members opportunities to grow in your faith.

Combined High and Low: $40/person for 4 hours (2 high, 2 low)

This campground is a Christian camp but they allow alcohol in moderation.  There will be no attempted conversions.  RC will be supervising to make sure that any atheists feel comfortable ;)

Absolutely no pot will be tolerated by the camp.  This would result in our eviction so if you are 420 friendly you will have to smoke it elsewhere. 

So, who's in?

Explore their website...

http://www.camplutherwood.org/rentals/#campingjump
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:09:31 PM by FIRE_at_45 »
On dating endlessly: “Everything will be alright in the end! If it’s not alright, it’s not the end!”

Canadian and not satisfied with your current bank?  Switch to Tangerine using this key 47894562S1 and we both win.

Journal: I Found Happiness!  Now What?!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Vancouver/Seattle Camping Meetup June 9/10, 2018 (Bellingham, Washington)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »
Yes

Fire_at_45 (1); camping
Retire-Canada (2); camping
imustachemystash (4); camping
Zikoris (2); cabin
yolfer (3); camping
Goldielocks (1); camping
@Salamander Stash (2); cabin or camping

Maybe

ARS (2); camping
Stasher (1); camping
Novik (2); cabin
Fifofum (1); cabin
Bracken_Joy (2); camping/ strong maybe
andy85 - (1); cabin
Katscratch - (1); camping
FiveSigmas - (1)
Paul der Krake - (2); camping/cabin
NinetyFour - (1) - strong maybe; truck camping/cabin
Off the Wheel - (2) - maybe; van with bed, canoe
Cheedarpie (?) - 80%
Seattle Carter (4) - maybe; tent camping
FrugalZony (?) - definite maybe
v8rx7guy (4) - maybe - tent trailer
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:07:35 PM by FIRE_at_45 »
On dating endlessly: “Everything will be alright in the end! If it’s not alright, it’s not the end!”

Canadian and not satisfied with your current bank?  Switch to Tangerine using this key 47894562S1 and we both win.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:14 PM »
Campsite Reserved

Site 8 - @FIRE_at_45, @Retire-Canada
Site ? - @Goldielocks (space available on site)

Cabins Reserved

@Zikoris Lodge (sleeps 11; contact Zikoris)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:35:29 PM by FIRE_at_45 »

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
I am a strong maybe...!

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:00:35 PM »
Can you tell me more about the cabins available, or send me a link? Specifically whether they have plumbing. My boyfriend is... somewhat particular about that. I could totally see staying in a nice little cabin.
Blogging about frugality, travel, and Vancouver life - www.incomingassets.wordpress.com

I also have a journal! http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-zikoris-diaries/

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »
I am not sure yet if we'll already be that far up north by June, but in case we could  make it work, would there be spots for RV's? or only tents?
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Mr. Spock

Trial FIRE blog: http://thefrugalhumanist.com

Save money on pet food: http://pennywisepaws.com

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:31:33 AM »
I am not sure yet if we'll already be that far up north by June, but in case we could  make it work, would there be spots for RV's? or only tents?

Yes they have availability for an RV.  It's not a conventional campground but there is a State Park located 10 minutes away I believe.

Can you tell me more about the cabins available, or send me a link? Specifically whether they have plumbing. My boyfriend is... somewhat particular about that. I could totally see staying in a nice little cabin.

Sure, the link is now above to the campground.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:33:45 AM by FIRE_at_45 »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:05 AM »
Following!
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »
Following!

Is that a definite maybe?!  We need a rockstar to pull people out of the weeds.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 07:50:46 AM »
Haha.  Better talk to Stasher then! :)

I'd put us as very likely, given that we'll be in Seattle two weeks before for Camp Mustache Seattle, and likely in Vancouver a month before that for CM Vancouver, I doubt we'll have left the area by then. That's just when it's getting nice! :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:08 AM »
Haha.  Better talk to Stasher then! :)

I'd put us as very likely, given that we'll be in Seattle two weeks before for Camp Mustache Seattle, and likely in Vancouver a month before that for CM Vancouver, I doubt we'll have left the area by then. That's just when it's getting nice! :)

Kids under 2 are free!

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
  • Power through Positivity
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 09:19:09 AM »
Put me down as a strong maybe, no idea how fortunate I will be with my tourism freelance work yet for next year.
I'll sleep in my tent so need nothing but flat ground. No promises but could probably bring another bike for any victims..er um riders that don't have a bike.
The Mindful Explorer : Explore-Adventure-Photograph https://www.ChrisIstace.com

MMM Forums Journal - Beyond The Usual

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
Put me down as a strong maybe, no idea how fortunate I will be with my tourism freelance work yet for next year.
I'll sleep in my tent so need nothing but flat ground. No promises but could probably bring another bike for any victims..er um riders that don't have a bike.

Stasher that almost deserves its own category "Strong Maybe, but No Promises!" That could be a Barry Manilow song. ;)

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 09:32:29 AM »
Stasher that almost deserves its own category "Strong Maybe, but No Promises!" That could be a Barry Manilow song. ;)
LOL one day I will step away from all the other commitments I suck myself into but unfortunately not there yet.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 09:37:35 AM »
LOL one day I will step away from all the other commitments I suck myself into but unfortunately not there yet.

You gotta be who you are and that's just who you are bro. Embrace the busy!

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »
That Spirit Lodge looks really nice - especially if we could find a few people to split with. Any takers?
Blogging about frugality, travel, and Vancouver life - www.incomingassets.wordpress.com

I also have a journal! http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-zikoris-diaries/

Novik

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »
Following!

By coincidence, BF and I will be in Vancouver that week, so we may make it down for Saturday night only if that's an option (and car rental can be arranged, and BF can be convinced, and family/wedding activities don't interfere and and and - problems for later!). A unlikely possibility, and unlikely to be confirmed before March, but one I'm excited to be able to consider :)

That Spirit Lodge looks really nice - especially if we could find a few people to split with. Any takers?

I sympathize with your boyfriend, since I am the particular half of myself+partner... I firmly believe we invented plumbing for a reason! Plus it's not like we'd fly from ON with camping gear.  I'd be very interested in splitting a cabin, especially for the kitchen/bathroom facilities. Can't commit anytime soon I don't think but keep us in mind?
Ongoing goals journal: Over-thinking my way to FIRE
If you're a dual American/Canadian citizen living in Canada and investing in Canadian-domiciled index funds outside an RRSP, please PM me.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
You can put me + boyfriend down as yes, but for cabin, not camping.

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »
PTF.

I might be interested going in on lodge as well. But I can't commit to those dates yet.
Ask me about my puppy pics!

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »
PTF.

I might be interested going in on lodge as well. But I can't commit to those dates yet.

Good stuff, like I said I won’t coordinate cabins so not committing is fine as long as you know they may not be available.

Zikoris added to maybe too ;)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »
All of the pics in the OP are actual pictures of the place?

I know a lot of times in your journal you put random pics of stuff, and it tricked me for a long time until I realized you did this. :)

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »
PTF.

Good stuff, like I said I won’t coordinate cabins so not committing is fine as long as you know they may not be available.

Zikoris added to maybe too ;)

We are "Definitely Yes" - I also posted to the Vancouver Mustachians facebook group to see if any of our FIRE-friends want to cabin-split with us.

Question: Is it absolutely confirmed for dates? We have a tendency to try to lock things down early, so we will probably book the cabin in January if all is well. Our travel budget is 100% done for 2017 already.

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
For the mountain bike enthusiasts these are all actual photos I took of riding in the area with my friend this past spring.
We rode Chuckanut Mountain and Sudden Valley.... these are real Arebelspy :)

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »

I'm not sure I'd make it out there JUST for this event, but if I do go to Camp Mustache Seattle over Memorial Day it makes it more possible.

I saw the cabins are $175 and they sleep up to 20 people. Wow those are large cabins! Since I am coming from Florida I wouldn't want to bring a tent and sleeping bag and stuff, so a shared cabin would probably be the way to go.

Posting to follow...

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »

I know a lot of times in your journal you put random pics of stuff, and it tricked me for a long time until I realized you did this. :)

Those are just random pictures.  There are pictures on their site for the rope course.  I've physically never been to this place.  However, if there is strong interest I will plan to go down and see it.  I don't anticipate problems though since I've shared about 5 emails with the office manager asking questions.

I also think that cabins are a real great option for people who don't want to camp.  If there are more people leaning that way then I would 'fold down' the group tent site idea and reserve a few camp spots.  Bottom line though it depends on people actually committing to showing up. 

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 01:31:38 PM »

I'm not sure I'd make it out there JUST for this event, but if I do go to Camp Mustache Seattle over Memorial Day it makes it more possible.

I saw the cabins are $175 and they sleep up to 20 people. Wow those are large cabins! Since I am coming from Florida I wouldn't want to bring a tent and sleeping bag and stuff, so a shared cabin would probably be the way to go.

Posting to follow...

Right!?  The prices are really great.  But I'm partial to camping and that's where I'm focusing the energy. 

Retire-Canada has already offered to bring additional camping gear.  I have a gigantic 8 person tent I could bring as well.  Cooking supplies won't be an issue.  If you have a sleeping bag only you would be good to go.  Should I add you to the maybe list?

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »

Posting to follow...

Right!?  The prices are really great.  But I'm partial to camping and that's where I'm focusing the energy. 

Retire-Canada has already offered to bring additional camping gear.  I have a gigantic 8 person tent I could bring as well.  Cooking supplies won't be an issue.  If you have a sleeping bag only you would be good to go.  Should I add you to the maybe list?

Sure add me to the maybe list. I will know on Nov 26 if I can get into CM Seattle.

I was already thinking of joining some friends to Yellowstone mid-end May so maybe this will turn out to be a mega trip. I like those.

Considering I will probably be flying on Southwest or some other reward ticket, those seem to come with one or two free checked bags so adding a sleeping bag may not be a big deal. And I don't get to camp as much as I'd like, practically nil for years, because I can't find people willing to go or I had other vacation plans.  Camping in the PNW definitely sounds cool!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »

Those are just random pictures.

I would remove them, then... people might get the wrong idea and think that was the actual place.

No pictures are needed at this point, so why add inaccurate ones? :)

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
Early thoughts on meals...are you booking a dining hall as part of this. With meal costs to be determined?  My assumption... And I can assist with planning/organizing when you are ready.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »

We are "Definitely Yes" - I also posted to the Vancouver Mustachians facebook group to see if any of our FIRE-friends want to cabin-split with us.

Question: Is it absolutely confirmed for dates? We have a tendency to try to lock things down early, so we will probably book the cabin in January if all is well. Our travel budget is 100% done for 2017 already.

Yes, the dates are firm.  I won't leave you hanging on booking the cabin and we are thinking along the same lines.  I want to promote it here and confirm that there is interest.  I'm fairly confident that we can leave booking the place until January but I will check in with the facility in December.  Let's give it a couple weeks of chatting it up and trying to get people to commit.  I'll also consider tweaking things if we are weighed heavily towards people who want to stay in cabins. 

Hope that make sense. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:40:01 PM by FIRE_at_45 »

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 05:48:46 PM »

Yes, the dates are firm.

I think the question Zikoris is posing is "Is the event happening for sure on that date?" She doesn't want to book a cabin to then find out the event wasn't happening due to lack of interest. 

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »

Yes, the dates are firm.

I think the question Zikoris is posing is "Is the event happening for sure on that date?" She doesn't want to book a cabin to then find out the event wasn't happening due to lack of interest.

Yep, answered it fully ;)  The beauty of edits.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
Early thoughts on meals...are you booking a dining hall as part of this. With meal costs to be determined?  My assumption... And I can assist with planning/organizing when you are ready.

Hey GL, the facility has optional food preparation.  The prices are so reasonable that it's certainly an option.  And that way everyone can just chill and enjoy each other's company rather than feeling like you are making a family dinner ;)

Food Service:

Food Service is available for groups of 20 or more.  Lutherwood is happy to accommodate all food allergies and dietary restrictions.  Please communicate needs in advance.  Large group rates available.

Breakfast: $7 per participant
Brunch: $9 per participant
Lunch: $8 per participant
Dinner: $10 per participant

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:09 PM »

Hey GL, the facility has optional food preparation.  The prices are so reasonable that it's certainly an option.  And that way everyone can just chill and enjoy each other's company rather than feeling like you are making a family dinner ;)

Food Service:

Food Service is available for groups of 20 or more.  Lutherwood is happy to accommodate all food allergies and dietary restrictions.  Please communicate needs in advance.  Large group rates available.

The cabin I have my eye on (Spirit Lodge, aka Zikoris Lodge) has a nice kitchen, and we're both vegans, so me and boyfriend would prepare all our own food, though our roomies could obviously do whatever they wanted. Nice job finding somewhere that even has self-catering as an option - so many of these places are all "Not one crumb of outside food allowed!".

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 09:10:47 PM »

I would remove them, then... people might get the wrong idea and think that was the actual place.

No pictures are needed at this point, so why add inaccurate ones? :)

Edited above for accuracy and more information added about recreational activities.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »
The cabin I have my eye on (Spirit Lodge, aka Zikoris Lodge) has a nice kitchen, and we're both vegans, so me and boyfriend would prepare all our own food, though our roomies could obviously do whatever they wanted. Nice job finding somewhere that even has self-catering as an option - so many of these places are all "Not one crumb of outside food allowed!".

I stumbled upon this place with a google search but I agree it looks pretty outstanding in so many ways!  It's cheap and there is so much fun stuff to do.  Or just chill out too if you want.  There's no need to go spendy.  Hiking is free.  Biking is free.  Swimming is free. 

Thanks for posted it elsewhere.  I left on note on the meetup site as well but not sure if Luke will post.  I'll check back.  I'm not on the FB page so you'll have to redirect people my way - thanks!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
Posting to follow. I need to check those dates, but that wouldn't be a terrible drive for us. And we love camping. (We'd be in our tent). So me + husband are a maybe, pending checking his work obligations, some of which we might not know until January when budgets are set.
My journal: Hiding in the Ferns
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »

Food Service:

Count me out of any food service arrangements. Cooking is not a big deal and I'd rather have control of that aspect of the event.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 11:36:50 AM »
Posting to follow. I need to check those dates, but that wouldn't be a terrible drive for us. And we love camping. (We'd be in our tent). So me + husband are a maybe, pending checking his work obligations, some of which we might not know until January when budgets are set.

Follow up- we are a strong maybe now.
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »

Food Service:

Count me out of any food service arrangements. Cooking is not a big deal and I'd rather have control of that aspect of the event.

That’s understood.  Personally I love working on the Coleman 2 burner.  At this point I’d say it’s unlikely we would use their service but will leave the option open for now.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 01:05:59 PM »

Would love to have you join BJ!  Oregon rocks ;)

Any suggestions how to drum up interest from Seattle people?  I posted the link on their meetup thread but haven’t heard a peep.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »

Any suggestions how to drum up interest from Seattle people?  I posted the link on their meetup thread but haven’t heard a peep.

Did you go to the seattle meetup facebook group? Otherwise, going to specific journals to invite people might work. I'll be sure to harass all the Portland people next time I see them!

ETA: we'd also probably opt out of the food options. We have our little coleman and we enjoy fussing with meals =)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:15:16 PM by Bracken_Joy »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 01:25:09 PM »

The post has only been up a day or two. People don't necessarily visit the forums that much. Give it a month or two. :)

andy85

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
I may even be interested. Would be a good excused to visit the area again. Although i may have to use a cabin since I'd rather not pack camping gear...and pay somebody for meals. Will work for food. Idk...i will have to see what my life looks like in a few months.

katscratch

• Pencil Stache
    • Freedom From Scratch
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
Following!!

Vacation requests for June on aren't reviewed until early 2018 so I can't commit yet.

I'd either be driving (if I do a two week family roundup visit before/after) or flying in and taking Amtrak from Seattle.
"Life is easy when you have your wants and needs in check and you occupy your time with an outdoor activity to keep yourself well distracted." --Stasher

Forum journal https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/in-which-kat-decided-to-get-her-shit-together

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads up post in the Seattle forum. I am interested, but can't commit.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
Did you go to the seattle meetup facebook group? Otherwise, going to specific journals to invite people might work. I'll be sure to harass all the Portland people next time I see them!

ETA: we'd also probably opt out of the food options. We have our little coleman and we enjoy fussing with meals =)

No, I didn't go on any Facebook groups.  I'm generally useless with Facebook.  I see that the link in the Seattle Meetup got some action so I'll go post again there with some pictures or something a bit later.

I may even be interested. Would be a good excused to visit the area again. Although i may have to use a cabin since I'd rather not pack camping gear...and pay somebody for meals. Will work for food. Idk...i will have to see what my life looks like in a few months.

I'm adding people to maybe as they express interest.  If you know you are out, please let me know. 

Following!!

Vacation requests for June on aren't reviewed until early 2018 so I can't commit yet.

I'd either be driving (if I do a two week family roundup visit before/after) or flying in and taking Amtrak from Seattle.

Minnesota!!  That would be a fun trip. 

Thanks for the heads up post in the Seattle forum. I am interested, but can't commit.

Added to the maybe pile.  Didn't know if you would want to camp so I left that part blank.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
Sounds fun!  We are a family of 4 and would like to attend.  We would like to tent camp. I am also an organizer for the Camp Mustache PNW so let me know if you have any questions about organizing groups events like this. 

Paul der Krake

• Magnum Stache
  • Bot - Do Not Reply
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 09:52:52 PM »
Surprised at all the interest in cabins and catered meals... I bet some of you aren't even retired.

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
Sounds fun!  We are a family of 4 and would like to attend.  We would like to tent camp. I am also an organizer for the Camp Mustache PNW so let me know if you have any questions about organizing groups events like this.

That's great!  I'll put you in the yes camp then.  And yes I would like to know about how to collect funds at some point.  We can PM when it gets to that stage! 

Surprised at all the interest in cabins and catered meals... I bet some of you aren't even retired.

You would be right about not being retired.  Maybe check out how little Zikoris spends in a month!  I think she's entitled to some luxury :)

Are you interested?