Author Topic: Toronto Community/Meetup Discussion Thread  (Read 481725 times)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Toronto Community/Meetup Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2017, 03:03:14 PM »
Two weeks until the meetup. I wonder if that cake will last.

If anyone coming has a cheque for CMC, let me know. I'll update my spreadsheet to remind myself not to nag you in the interim. PJ? ElleFiji? Okits?

Hey, I've been meaning to write the cheque and pop it in the mail.  But if you're ok/trust me to bring it to the Meet-Up, then I won't have to find my stamps or buy some more! 

Let me know if that works for you...

I'll PM you.

Mmm_Donuts

• Bristles
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2017, 09:30:59 AM »
If you guys meet up in April, I'd like to join in! I can't do Tuesday nights, so will have to sit this next one out.

richyrich

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »
Hi all - I'm new to MMM but not new to the underlying philosophy.   Excited to meet you all on March 7th!

csr

• Stubble
« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »
Meet up on March 7th!

We're doing this one uber-frugal style, by hiding in the PATH. 615pm ish in the First Canadian Place Concourse level food court, hopefully at a table near Longo's/the LCBO. http://myfirstcanadianplace.ca/

Bring your dinner and a treat to share (homemade or bought).

Hey thanks for the suggestion and organizing! I know that foodcourt area well, and it is easy to find. But I strongly recommend we move to a different place afterwards for better and more seating such as FCP Upstairs, Bay Adalaide Centre.

I should be there!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
Meet up on March 7th!

We're doing this one uber-frugal style, by hiding in the PATH. 615pm ish in the First Canadian Place Concourse level food court, hopefully at a table near Longo's/the LCBO. http://myfirstcanadianplace.ca/

Hey thanks for the suggestion and organizing! I know that foodcourt area well, and it is easy to find. But I strongly recommend we move to a different place afterwards for better and more seating such as FCP Upstairs, Bay Adalaide Centre.

I should be there!

It will be lovely to meet you! If our numbers are bigger than our space, and we all find each other, we can definitely move upstairs.

And thank you to the larger organizing committee for this one. It was a huge team effort.

csr

• Stubble
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »
Meet up on March 7th!

I should be there!

It will be lovely to meet you! If our numbers are bigger than our space, and we all find each other, we can definitely move upstairs.

And thank you to the larger organizing committee for this one. It was a huge team effort.

The seats and tables are horrible and not group friendly.I eat there quite often. High chair stools of varying heights, small bar tables, and perimeter bar tables.

FrugalinTO

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »
Oh wow, so happy to see there's Toronto meetups now! See y'all on the 7th.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2017, 11:17:53 PM »
So great that we're going to have a mix of both old and new faces, and yes, thanks to those who have organized this! 

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »
One week!!

What snacks does everyone like that can survive a train ride?

Jello jigglers?

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2017, 09:33:46 PM »
None for me, thanks, Prosp.  Not vegetarian...

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
I can make them raddish shape.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2017, 10:51:18 PM »
Yes, please.  I would like to see you do that.

(But I still won't be able to eat them.)

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2017, 10:59:25 PM »
Since it's a party, they should actually be shaped like radish roses.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2017, 08:50:14 AM »

PJ - sorry, I've forgotten, do you eat dairy? 

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »
Maybe I'll bring ice cream instead.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2017, 02:27:16 PM »

PJ - sorry, I've forgotten, do you eat dairy?

Yes, ma'am!  I am particularly in love with almost all kinds of cheese (except the ones that are moldy moldy mold!)

Oh, what am I going to bring???  I need to decide soon so I can get groceries...

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2017, 01:47:30 PM »
Bumping to remind everyone that we are only 2 more sleeps from our meet-up date! 

Tuesday, March 7, at 6:15ish, as planned by ElleFiji, in the First Canadian Place Concourse level food court, hopefully at a table near Longo's/the LCBO. http://myfirstcanadianplace.ca/

Be there or be square!  Or round, or a triangle, there's room for individuality.  But, just be there!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
I'm gonna need someone to give a number I can sent texts to when I'm lost. I can probably make it to Bay St.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »
So would anyone attending tomorrow night like a mostly full jar of dry active yeast that doesn't expire until Jan 2018?  If so, I'll bring it along.

I might bring it along regardless if anyone answers. Unfortunately the bacon syrup is very heavy.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »
Yes please!

I have vowed to start using my bread machine again, and my yeast expired in 2015.  I haven't tested it yet, but even if it does still work, if I get back into bread machine baking in a big way, then I'd use it soon enough...

Edited to say:  I love the idea that our little meet-ups could be like a live version of a Buy Nothing Group.  I should look to see if I have anything easily portable that someone might want :-)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:13:25 PM by PJ »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »
My science experiments have now completed their 2 hour bake time and are fit for consumption (I checked. They passed.)

Yay for colloids.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »
My science experiments have now completed their 2 hour bake time and are fit for consumption (I checked. They passed.)

Yay for colloids. 

I did not know what a colloid is when I read your post.  So, I looked it up (i.e. googled it.)  I read (part of) the Wikipedia entry on colloids, and I still don't know what a colloid is.

But among other things that Wikipedia told me, I now know that "Milk is an emulsified colloid of liquid butterfat globules dispersed within a water-based solution."

This does not make drinking a glass of milk more appealing to me.  :-/

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2017, 03:24:39 AM »
A colloid is one state of matter suspended in another. Milk has solids (fats0 suspended in a liquid. Pop has gasses suspended in a liquid. Soft serve ice cream has gasses suspended in a liquid.

My colloids have gasses suspended in a solid.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »
If any of the cheque bringers need to know how much they have outstanding on their CMC account, please fire me a message this morning. I'll check the spreadsheet at lunch.

tomatops

• Stubble
« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
Will be at tonight's event closer to 6:30pm. See you all then!

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2017, 10:05:47 PM »
Ok, I can't believe I'm the first to post an update.  It's almost midnight, and I just got home.  Made a quick stop at my mom's on the way home, because she lives close to where I parked to take the subway.  I try to stop in while in the neighbourhood, to help her change her bed, or carry stuff up and down the stairs for her (laundry, big bags of dog food, etc)

Anyway - guys!  Tonight was a very lucrative visit.  I was putting stuff in a tall cupboard for her, and saw her mixing bowls, and mentioned that I seem to have given away/donated all my mixing bowls, by accident.  I mean, I was deliberately paring down but I think I gave away one set, then later gave away another set forgetting that I'd given away the first one.  This led to a conversation about trying to cook more, and she offered me the newer of two kitchen mixers that she has, a practically brand new Cuisinart one.  It was bought when she thought her Kitchenaid mixer was going to die, and has only been used twice, because the Kitchenaid one is still going strong.  She hardly bakes anymore, so she happily gave it to me, along with the blender and food processor attachments, still in their boxes. 

Gosh, I have no excuses not to cook anymore.  I have a mixer.  I have yeast.  What more could I need???

plainjane, thank you again for the yeast, I'll put it to good use.  And thanks to all of you for all the wonderful snacks and goodies.  I had a really good time.  For anyone who has never been to a meet-up, who might be reading this, you should definitely come the next time we get together.  None of us are totally crazy or weird, in fact, everyone seems to be perfectly nice!

richyrich

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »
Like an absolute idiot, I had put the meetup in my calendar as April 7th.   Was so looking forward to meeting people.   When is the next one?!?!?

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
Oh no!

Sorry you missed it, richyrich.  I don't know what other people's schedules look like, but I know I'm into my somewhat busier time of the year.  I was suggesting to one person that we might look at May to try again?  But I don't know what others think.

In the meantime, come and find a part of the forums that you enjoy, and jump in!  Are you working on any particular area of your finances right now?  Are you in the paying down debt phase (if so, think about checking out the Throw Down the Gauntlet section, to join a challenge to help cut your expenses) or maybe you're trying to figure out your Investment strategy (there's a section for that too) or rehabbing your house or building your real estate empire - sections for those too!  The forums are actually a pretty good way to get to know people, if you kind of pick one section that interests you, you'll find some of the same people posting over and over, and over time start to build up a picture of their lives.  Jumping right into more personal stories, of course, means going to the journals...

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
Ok, I'm going to suggest a date of Tuesday April 25.

That should be late enough into April for PJ, avoids MMM_donuts' course, and Prospector's Scouts/Cadets/swimming.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2017, 12:38:07 PM »
Works for me!

Thanks, plainjane, for getting the conversation started...

csr

• Stubble
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
It was really nice to meet everyone yesterday! Some new faces and some familiar ones as well. Thank you to all who brought treats to the Meetup. I slept well =)

Looking forward to the next one! My schedule is flexible.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2017, 05:39:09 PM »
In the meantime, come and find a part of the forums that you enjoy, and jump in!  Are you working on any particular area of your finances right now?  Are you in the paying down debt phase (if so, think about checking out the Throw Down the Gauntlet section, to join a challenge to help cut your expenses) or maybe you're trying to figure out your Investment strategy (there's a section for that too) or rehabbing your house or building your real estate empire - sections for those too!  The forums are actually a pretty good way to get to know people, if you kind of pick one section that interests you, you'll find some of the same people posting over and over, and over time start to build up a picture of their lives.  Jumping right into more personal stories, of course, means going to the journals...

I agree!  For the lurkers, three hours to chat in person sounds like a lot but it really isn't.  I encourage you to engage with the community for more in-depth discussions and to receive and reciprocate information and support.

Also, please suggest dates or meeting venues in parts of the GTA where you'd like to see a meet up.  The GTA is so spread out I think other Mustachians would show up to a gathering closer to them.  If you'd like a particular theme or topic to discuss at a meet up, please suggest that, too! 

I had fun last night!  Thank you to all the bakers, DH enjoyed the goodies I brought home.  (PJ, I didn't eat many of the vegetables I brought last night, either.  Because it was important to appreciate the baking efforts of others.  ;)

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2017, 11:33:11 PM »
Over in one of the journals, someone asked Prospector how the meet-up went.  His response led to me making a comment about how much I enjoyed the cookies our anonymous friend brought (I'm referring to the young lady who said she hasn't actually joined the forums yet, but saw the meet-up listed and came to check it out.  I'm so sorry - I sat next to you all night and asked you your name twice, but I've already forgotten it!)

Anyway, someone else in the journals asked for more information about these wonderful cookies, and being in a kind of goofy mood, I penned this (fashioned on the famous Ode on a Grecian Urn) and posted it.  But realizing that unless our anonymous friend signs up, she won't be able to see it there, I thought I'd post it here as well.

Ode on the Anonymous Cookies
Thou still unravished conveyors of goodness!
Thou foster child of coffee and cream.
Culinary historian, who canst thus express,
The tales of nuts and spices e'er sweet.
What hands shaped your tops,
So beautifully rounded,
And baked perfectly golden brown?
Tasted treats are sweet, but those not yet sampled
Are sweeter; therefore, ye soft shapes linger on;
Not to the sensual tongue, but, more endear'd,
Scent to the spirit ditties with no hunger.
Who are these coming to the sacrifice?
To what table in First Canadian Place,
Didst thou bringst their floury goodness?
With which great MMM'ers didst thou share?
When dieters shall this sweet feast waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other foods
Friend to woman and man, to whom thou sayst,
"Taste is truth, truth beauty," – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

And now, having stayed reaaaaally late at work to clear some things off my desk, and having just eaten dinner at midnight, I am going to go and have dessert - the piece of coffee cake and lemon square that I brought home last night!  Thanks all!

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2017, 01:00:14 PM »
And just to make sure everyone is clear, our meetup is nothing like the MMM one mentioned here:

http://moneyboss.com/frugal-shaming-and-financial-one-upmanship/

We are all very aware of the "log in our eye" and admit them to the group.  I still have cable and a home phone.  There are two of us living in 1400 sq ft.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
And just to make sure everyone is clear, our meetup is nothing like the MMM one mentioned here:

We are all very aware of the "log in our eye" and admit them to the group.  I still have cable and a home phone.  There are two of us living in 1400 sq ft.

I don't think you should move. This makes me feel good about our house. Which also still has a home phone.  :)

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »

I don't think you should move. This makes me feel good about our house. Which also still has a home phone.  :)

Wow, plainjane, I'm really glad you linked to that.  Do you know if it's been posted anywhere else on the forum?  I haven't been online much today.  I'm actually really upset on behalf of the folks who participated in that meet-up - I feel like the person who shared those thoughts with J.D. Roth betrayed the trust of the other people in that group.  And I definitely think that a really good article about that topic could have been written without basically calling them out in such an identifying way.  Anything he's subsequently posted back-pedalling about his relationship with MMM himself doesn't make it better, because it's the people who attend that meet-up that have been publicly shamed. 

I've made a comment, which I rarely do.  It's awaiting moderation, but I'll post it here too.  I made it in response to another person's comment.

Other poster said:  I had that happen once were I was talking to a very frugal PF blogger and told her about how I was trying to cut back more but there were some areas that were more difficult-but I’m still trying to find solutions. I pointed what those things are. The next week there was a blog post basically outlining everything I did (without saying my name) and blogging about how she does it better or she can’t believe anyone would spend money on that. Perfect example, eh? Great article!

My response:  Tonya, you seem to be upset about finding your personal details – even without your name – being published by that frugal PF blogger. Yet you are commending this article, which essentially does the same thing to others. I’m curious how you think the people who attended that MMM meet-up might be feeling right about now, first being talked about behind their back, and then having that information shared in an article? Especially given that anyone participating in the MMM forums would be able to identify at least their online personas!

For the record, I am a participating member of the MMM forum, but not in the U.S. I’ve attended a couple of MMM meet-ups, and like someone else said, have experienced 100% support, an 0% shame.

J.D. Roth, I think it is a shame that you felt it was necessary to identify this particular group of people who chose to trust in meeting up with virtual strangers, and expose them for the sake of an article. This same article could easily have been written about the frugal one-upmanship dynamic prevalent in *various* parts of the PF/frugality world, without any reference to MMM, the location of the meet-up, or its date.

Hey guys, can we make a pact? 

What happens in the Toronto MMM Meet-Up, stays in the Toronto MMM Meet-Up?  And especially, is not shared in a blog, or shared with a blogger, without permission from anyone who might be implicated in the story.  I think that kind of trust is important, and I even suspect that consent would be freely given, as long as privacy is appropriately respected...

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2017, 07:09:48 AM »
Do you know if it's been posted anywhere else on the forum?  I haven't been online much today. 
[...]

What happens in the Toronto MMM Meet-Up, stays in the Toronto MMM Meet-Up?  And especially, is not shared in a blog, or shared with a blogger, without permission from anyone who might be implicated in the story.  I think that kind of trust is important, and I even suspect that consent would be freely given, as long as privacy is appropriately respected...

I haven't seen it anywhere else, but the forum moves so quickly.  I only caught it because it was highlighted in Rockstar Finance.

I don't know how I feel about "what happens/stays".  I mean, the bacon syrup is being joked about - granted I brought it up here first - and I like that it gives people a sense (I was going to say flavour, but decided that would be too obvious) that we are pretty low key and welcoming.  But I also feel that people should be careful about sharing stories online that aren't theirs.  IDK.  It feels like this should be a balance.  Similar to how my SO has a name at the meetup, but not online?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2017, 07:20:16 AM »
Do you know if it's been posted anywhere else on the forum?  I haven't been online much today. 
[...]

I haven't seen it anywhere else, but the forum moves so quickly.  I only caught it because it was highlighted in Rockstar Finance.

I don't know how I feel about "what happens/stays".  I mean, the bacon syrup is being joked about - granted I brought it up here first - and I like that it gives people a sense (I was going to say flavour, but decided that would be too obvious) that we are pretty low key and welcoming.  But I also feel that people should be careful about sharing stories online that aren't theirs.  IDK.  It feels like this should be a balance.  Similar to how my SO has a name at the meetup, but not online?

Yeah - Norbert sounds like a great guy.

But seriously, at the meetup, its a bunch of pals around a table. Ideas are shared, but I think discretion needs to be applied. Discretion means that the essence of what is said can be shared without details and without being a dick. The problem arises when someone with a poor sense of discretion starts sharing beyond the group - and there is no way to control that one individual - or know who it may be.

When we were active in sailing, I once wrote up an article for a local magazine. I shared it with a forumite for editing. The other person agreed it was great - then submitted it on my behalf to a larger publication - because it was so great. The larger publication claimed rights on it without ever publishing, and the local mag could no longer use the piece. I lost out on both ends. Poor discretion can hurt people. A lot.

You never know what people might do, and although we have a sense of each other, trust is a gamble. The way I see things, my role is to be as trustworthy and to have as much discretion as I can. But then I have to trust others to do the same, while expecting them not to. No one here has signed a code of ethics, and no one has made any promises. Its up to you to decide what you are comfortable sharing and how much.

FWIW, at the meetup, Jane and I were discussing our income levels - I was comfortable sharing that with our group, but was more concerned about someone else in the plaza overhearing. I trust our people. but I still know its on me to decide how much is appropriate to share. Of course I broadcast that same information all over my journal...

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
As you say Prospector, we haven't signed a code of conduct, and I'm not suggesting actually writing one out.  But I do think it's worth stating publicly that there are assumptions we make when we get together, which is that we are trusting each other with certain details of our personal and our financial lives, and that we hope - no, expect - that people will exercise discretion with them.  Of course, we can't control what people do, but we can as a subset of the larger MMM community, make it clear what the community standards are.  Just like, by posting the article here, plainjane, you're suggesting to any Toronto area lurkers that frugal one-upmanship is not part of our community standard, and subtly communicating to them that they shouldn't come to a meet-up with that attitude.

For anyone linking over to the article, you'll see the comment I made.  I think he missed my point in the response, so I will post a follow-up.  I'm just trying to formulate it in my mind first.  The thing is that he could have told exactly the same story, not naming the city in which the meet-up took place, or which online community it related to. That would have been fine.  My big issue is that he's not actually kept things as anonymous as he thinks.  Anyone who read this forum can figure out who the people are, who are usually a part of that group.

(I have a secondary issue with the fact that he can't say for sure what that group is like, since he wasn't at the meet-up himself and is relying on information filtered through someone else's perceptions.  But let's not go there right now.)

TL; DR - Sharing bacon and cookie reports are fine, but let's keep personal details we learn about each other to ourselves.  Share people's stories with others only in ways that don't risk them being personally identified.  There's a big difference in saying "I was talking to someone the other day who's trying to change careers because their industry has lots of issues," and saying "I was talking to someone at the Toronto MMM Meet-Up, who works in X industry, and is trying to change careers because of it."  Remember that anyone you share with, may also share with others, and you lose control over how they tell the story.  Some may even choose to share that story with the wider world.  (Oh, see, I did go there after all!)

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »
Hey Torontonians, my daughter just got accepted into the Film Studies program at Ryerson in the fall.  Any leads on housing, jobs, or contacts in the biz would be welcomed!
Plus this means I'll be in TO occasionally and I'm always up for meeting more MMMers! 
We live in Kingston.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2017, 07:17:35 AM »
Hey Torontonians, my daughter just got accepted into the Film Studies program at Ryerson in the fall.  Any leads on housing, jobs, or contacts in the biz would be welcomed!
Plus this means I'll be in TO occasionally and I'm always up for meeting more MMMers! 
We live in Kingston.

Congrats to your daughter! My boss is a Ryerson grad from Kingston - she has many stories...

tomatops

• Stubble
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »
We live in Kingston.

Re: housing, I would recommend something nearby. I have friends who did film at Ryerson and that means plenty of late hours in the editing room. I would avoid Jarvis and Parliament area, but anywhere else is pretty much fair game.

Congrats to your daughter!

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »
Thanks Prospector and tomatops!
Tomatops are your friends using their degrees in film?  Were they happy with the program?

tomatops

• Stubble
« Reply #343 on: April 04, 2017, 09:48:49 AM »
Thanks Prospector and tomatops!
Tomatops are your friends using their degrees in film?  Were they happy with the program?

So sorry with the late reply - I don't monitor as much as I should!

My sample size is small - one friend who combined film and theatre and now works at the Canadian Opera Company and is super competent. I never really pried, but the Ryerson's film/theatre programs are very hands on (this based on my research when I went to theatre school at York) but a big part of it is drive. Their grads are kind of everywhere in a good way.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #344 on: April 09, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »
Hey! Any chance you all will be planning another meetup in the next couple of weeks?

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #345 on: April 10, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »
Hey! Any chance you all will be planning another meetup in the next couple of weeks?

Ok, I'm going to suggest a date of Tuesday April 25.

That should be late enough into April for PJ, avoids MMM_donuts' course, and Prospector's Scouts/Cadets/swimming.

plainjane suggested Apr 25. 

I'm not sure, yet, what I can make it out to, so I'll let everyone else give input and try to work with what everyone else decides.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2017, 07:39:35 PM »

Apr 25th works for me, but my schedule is pretty free :)
Thanks

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2017, 10:37:57 PM »
We will barely be home from vacation then.

csr

• Stubble
« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »

Apr 25th works for me, but my schedule is pretty free :)
Thanks
me too!

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2017, 07:09:47 PM »
Ok, csr said that in First Canadian Place (BMO) in the PATH level, around the corner adjacent to the LCBO there are nice round soft seats in a (semi)circular setup. 

Apr 25, 6:15pm.  Bring food for yourself/to share.  We are a friendly bunch and welcome posters, lurkers, previous attendees and newbies.