Author Topic: Seattle Travel: Feb 25, 2017  (Read 40627 times)

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
Re: Seattle Travel: Feb 25, 2017
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2017, 09:25:57 AM »
Green Lake...noon-ish tomorrow (Feb 23)...rowing club bleachers. Walking in a BIG circle...chatting.

I'll be wearing a red "CANADA" toque (not sure they use that term in the U.S....a knitted cap perhaps? Help a guy out here)

Might have a VIP with me too. :)

Errrrrrrgh, so jealous. :(

This isn't a joke, y'all. She moped about it all last night. This morning, right before she went out the door, she turned to me and grumped, "HAVE FUN WITH ALL MY FRIENDS."

I actually feel bad. She COULD just hurry up and FIRE already. ;) This is the kind of stuff that FIRE allows in abundance. This may be something that is discussed over the course of the next few days, who knows...

I'm on my way Seattle...Tim Hortons brew in hand, playlist belting out on my stereo.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
SisterX I tried to find decoder rings. No luck. Sigh. But I'm on my way! :D

Any chance lhamo is going jaunt around the lake with you all?

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »
Green Lake...noon-ish tomorrow (Feb 23)...rowing club bleachers. Walking in a BIG circle...chatting.

I'll be wearing a red "CANADA" toque (not sure they use that term in the U.S....a knitted cap perhaps? Help a guy out here)

Might have a VIP with me too. :)

Errrrrrrgh, so jealous. :(

This isn't a joke, y'all. She moped about it all last night. This morning, right before she went out the door, she turned to me and grumped, "HAVE FUN WITH ALL MY FRIENDS."

Your really doing her a service.. Don't know what she is complaining about..:)

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »
The club house reservation was approved. Here are some important details:

It is reserved from noon to 4pm on Friday, the 24th of February.
There is a limit of 25 guests. If you plan on coming, you need to let me know so I can get an accurate headcount.
There is a gas stove, an oven, and a microwave, but no pots and pans. My wife will kill me if I let internet strangers touch her fancy cookware, so if you need something, you bring it.
There is a large fridge to store food and drinks.
I will need to greet everyone at the door to get into the building.
For those of you driving into town, you will be able to find parking, but it won't be free. I can look into the prices if anyone needs it.
No smoking of any sort.

PM me with with your name (first name is enough) and the number of people coming with you. When we get closer to the date, I will respond to everyone with the exact address and my phone number.

I'm thinking about the logistics and lunch (of course lunch!) No pots and pans, check. But what about plates and silverware and cups? Should I bring paper plates and plastic forks? Eating lasagna with our hands will not be pretty. I'm planning to bring a lasagna and some garlic bread, and Bracken_Joy is bringing chips and salsa and guacamole.  That won't feed 20 people, so I hope someone else is bringing food. Or maybe real Mustachians don't eat, I don't know. A lot of the people coming on Friday will have arrived in Seattle by plane so they won't have been in their kitchens whipping up food to share on Friday morning.

I might be a little too worried about lunch. I'm a mom, what can I say. I need to know everyone is fed!

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »
I won't be there until a little after 1:00 but I was planning to bring some food. And by food, I really mean dessert. Cookies sound like a fun thing to make with the kiddo. Maybe brownies too?

HusbandX has been on some clean eating kick (his brother bet him that he couldn't stick with it for a month + in our current living situation, so of course he's determined to show up his sibling) and I promised I wouldn't eat junk in front of him. Stuff like this is my chance to eat sweet crap food!

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »
I'm thinking about the logistics and lunch (of course lunch!) No pots and pans, check. But what about plates and silverware and cups? Should I bring paper plates and plastic forks? Eating lasagna with our hands will not be pretty. I'm planning to bring a lasagna and some garlic bread, and Bracken_Joy is bringing chips and salsa and guacamole.  That won't feed 20 people, so I hope someone else is bringing food. Or maybe real Mustachians don't eat, I don't know. A lot of the people coming on Friday will have arrived in Seattle by plane so they won't have been in their kitchens whipping up food to share on Friday morning.

I might be a little too worried about lunch. I'm a mom, what can I say. I need to know everyone is fed!
I have enough plates and utensils for everyone- only the cookware needs crowdsourcing, if any.

I'll probably make a salad, but I wouldn't worry about having enough for everyone. Worst case scenario, there's a safeway a couple blocks away for any beer/food run.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2017, 10:53:56 AM »
I'll bring some chili.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
I won't be there for lunch but will be there at about 2:00.  I am bringing lots of Cdn potato chips + some chocolate.   :)

See you all then! 

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »
Phew!  I think I'm going to chill out about lunch now. Thanks. I've got other stuff to do, like my actual job, so maybe I'll try worrying about that instead. :)  See you guys tomorrow!!

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
    • Meena Kestirke Insurance
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »
I'm bringing many little chocolate bars and food specifically for myself as I'm gluten-intolerant and pescatarian so potlucks aren't really my thing.

Also security went well. Now 2 hours of airport and 2 hours of plane and Then I'll be on the trainy thing!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
I'm bringing many little chocolate bars and food specifically for myself as I'm gluten-intolerant and pescatarian so potlucks aren't really my thing.

Also security went well. Now 2 hours of airport and 2 hours of plane and Then I'll be on the trainy thing!

Just be sure to claim a spot by the chips and dip. =) No gluten, no soy, no meat.

monstermonster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
You realize you're coming to Seattle, right? Everyone is gluten-intolerant and vegetarian and paleo or some combo of such things out here.

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2017, 11:32:53 AM »
You realize you're coming to Seattle, right? Everyone is gluten-intolerant and vegetarian and paleo or some combo of such things out here.

Oh yes. I plan to make good use of the gluten free bakery around the corner from where I'm staying.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
I imagine there is a Whole Foods around to save my day...

Last leg of my flight path.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
I have a case of blue Moon.. Beer..:)

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »
I'll grab some oranges.... for that beer.

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »
So far....a nasty snow squall just south of Bellingham, and a crazy hailstorm as I was just arriving to pick up the GOH.

But then, a really nice walk around Green Lake with three great people.

And dogs EVERYWHERE. :)

More new people to meet in few hours. Jon_Snow may be, dare I say it, giddy?

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
Starving.....

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »
I met lots of awesome people. More tomorrow. Ketchup chips were divisive. Mine were superior to Jon Snow's. I am the best Canadian. Southern BC doesn't really count as Canada.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:37:21 PM by KMMK »

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2017, 06:31:42 AM »
I met lots of awesome people. More tomorrow. Ketchup chips were divisive. Mine were superior to Jon Snow's. I am the best Canadian. Southern BC doesn't really count as Canada.

What?!!?  Southern BC does not count as Canada?  I am looking out of my window in the Vancouver suburbs and I see a dusting of snow in late Feb.  Surely, that is Canadian.   :)   
Anyway, more ketchup and all-dressed chips on the way!  Plus Crispy Crunches. 

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2017, 06:41:43 AM »

What?!!?  Southern BC does not count as Canada?  I am looking out of my window in the Vancouver suburbs and I see a dusting of snow in late Feb.  Surely, that is Canadian.   :)   
Anyway, more ketchup and all-dressed chips on the way!  Plus Crispy Crunches.

Cool. That's the one chocolate bar I wanted but couldn't find.
I shouldn't make fun of JS; he's such a delight. Though I think I read that MJ thinks he has an accent. I need to clarify. I didn't notice either MJ or JS having an accent (to my ears). Do I have an accent?

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »

I am a bit shocked this morning to see this trash talk. KMMK, as Canadians, we are vastly outnumbered at this event and must display solidarity. Let's face it though, your trash talk is about as hopelessly polite as my road rage incident yesterday.

And Pachnik, we are virtually neighbours back home and have not met...I am glad this is about to be rectified! And you have more ketchup chips on the way? Certain forum members can't seem to get enough of them...which makes wonder if anyone has ever overdosed on these things.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2017, 08:36:57 AM »
I'm having fun, even though one of my dorm mates snored last night. Not usually an issue in an all female room.  I survived.  I may end up showing up to the thing later empty handed unless someone has a suggestion that throwing money at it can provide.  I'm usually pretty much clueless.  I couldn't bring what everyone wants from Phoenix, the sun and warmth. 

Hope you guys had fun running around last night.  I was getting tired and cranky so headed to the crib.  I detected few accents other that fi fo fum.  He does have an accent.

The hostel has free unlimited very good coffee this morning.  I may not make it out until they take the carafe away.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »
OK People I am on my way... I will see you shortly after lunch sorta and expect to see you all sober, polite and not a bit of sarcasm you hear me?...:)

Go Trump!

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
I had so much fun meeting all of you yesterday! KMMK, you do have a slight accent but only on certain words. Your 'about' is very Canadian. :)

On the bus ride home I read one chapter of Winnie-the-Pooh to the DC and then she fell asleep on my shoulder. I worried that she was going to get a power nap and then be like I CAN STAY UP ALL NIGHT BITCHES!!!! (because that's what happens about 90% of the time if she falls asleep away from home) but she was tired enough that she fell right back asleep when we got home. Amazing.

Then I went to make brownies or cookies or something for today and discovered that we had no baking powder. Nor did we have cream of tartar with which to make baking powder. So I will bring something, but it won't be homemade.

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:49 AM »
I'm excited at the prospect of going into a Whole Foods for the first time. No bulletin to the folks here...but I've lived a pretty sheltered life thus far. This Meetup craziness is part of my attempt to change this. Today...Whole Foods...tomorrow I may throw caution to the wind and seek out this much talked about Trader Joes.

Yes, sisterx, the table seating was not conducive to our getting-to-know process. Easier to mingle about today I think. :)

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2017, 10:53:14 AM »
I'm excited at the prospect of going into a Whole Foods for the first time. No bulletin to the folks here...but I've lived a pretty sheltered life thus far. This Meetup craziness is part of my attempt to change this. Today...Whole Foods...tomorrow I may throw caution to the wind and seek out this much talked about Trader Joes.

Yes, sisterx, the table seating was not conducive to our getting-to-know process. Easier to mingle about today I think. :)
If you are thinking of going to the one on Westlake & Denny, I caution against going during lunch time. That's when the hordes of workers from a large local company pour out of the building and descend on the place demanding their free-range tofu.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »
But we are tourist. We must prevail!

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
We may make it out tonight.  We'll plan on the 5pm happy houring.  Will someone update the timing/location or things?  Regardless, enjoy the afternoon downtown. 

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2017, 01:13:58 PM »

If you are thinking of going to the one on Westlake & Denny, I caution against going during lunch time. That's when the hordes of workers from a large local company pour out of the building and descend on the place demanding their free-range tofu.

LOL! I just braved that same shop at lunchtime to grab brownies for the meetup. Only a small thing, though, as there are vegetarians, the lactose intolerant, and the guest of honor has asked us not to bring a giant pile of chocolate. This amount of brownie should be very doable without making anyone sick from too much sugar.

And knowing that I was going to be bringing these helped me resist the cupcakes in the office kitchen this morning. I grabbed a bagel and shmear instead.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
We may make it out tonight.  We'll plan on the 5pm happy houring.  Will someone update the timing/location or things?  Regardless, enjoy the afternoon downtown.

We can let you know once we know :)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2017, 04:32:24 PM »
We'll be at Pike brewery at 5:30.

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #232 on: February 24, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »

Ok, so are you all going to stay downtown then? We'll see if we can make it down at some point.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

Ok, so are you all going to stay downtown then? We'll see if we can make it down at some point.

Yep! We will be downtown.

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »
We won't be making it out after all. Have a great night out and enjoy the rest of the visit / MMM geeking out / good times!

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2017, 12:13:06 AM »
Hey guys,

So what are the details about breakfast? I can't do the walk as I am meeting with Exhale at 11:15, but could potentially do something afterwards.

Let me know..:)

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2017, 12:24:12 AM »
Beth's cafe, at 0800.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2017, 12:55:26 AM »
Cuz I need a 12-egg omelette.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »
OK Eric and I will see how enthusiastic we are in the morning..:)

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2017, 07:50:26 AM »
Beth's cafe, at 0800.

Please count me in for breakfast.  See you guys soon!

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:54 AM »
Beth's cafe, at 0800.

Please count me in for breakfast.  See you guys soon!

Roger. Good morning!

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:27 AM »
Where is this place.  May not make it but may try to stop by once I clean up.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2017, 08:35:35 AM »
Nevermind.  I just mapped it.  See you at 11.

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »
Yeah, too far and I'm barely awake.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »
Ok Shawn and I are up and moving :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:38:20 PM by Exflyboy »

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »
I'm at the sculpture park.  My phone is dying because I forgot to charge it last night.

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
I can't make the walk after all  :(  but I hope y'all have a good time.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »
You guys are all making me want to eat scrambled eggs and bacon. (That's how I imagine breakfast out. I have no bacon, but will eat the eggs at home ahorita.)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2017, 07:44:59 PM »
Sorry I did not meet up with you all this afternoon.. Even though I love you I was feeling anxious about getting home to the hot redhead..:)

I have just arrived in Corvallis.

I had a great time and if I forgot your name in the first three minutes... Well it happens and its very embarassing. Even worse when MJ busts my ass over it.. :)

I hope to see you all soon, I had a great time.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »
It was great to see you again, EFB!  Glad you had a good time and got safely back home.