Author Topic: Seattle Travel: Feb 25, 2017  (Read 5368 times)

Freckles

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Seattle Travel: Feb 25, 2017
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2017, 11:42:02 PM »
Can MJ update the first post with the latest agreed upon schedule? Use big fonts and spell out everything for the simpletons like me who thought the  house party was on Saturday. I am having a hard time keeping track of all the events.

If all else fails, my apartment complex lets me book the "club house" for free. There is a kitchen and a patio and ample seating. It's right by the space needle, which is walking distance from the downtown hotels.

The clubhouse idea is awesome! Thanks for offering that, founding member of the Foreigners' Corner. Can you reserve it for Friday the 24th? Even if the plan changes, it's good to have it as a backup.

SisterX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »
Can MJ update the first post with the latest agreed upon schedule? Use big fonts and spell out everything for the simpletons like me who thought the  house party was on Saturday. I am having a hard time keeping track of all the events.

If all else fails, my apartment complex lets me book the "club house" for free. There is a kitchen and a patio and ample seating. It's right by the space needle, which is walking distance from the downtown hotels.

The clubhouse idea is awesome! Thanks for offering that, founding member of the Foreigners' Corner. Can you reserve it for Friday the 24th? Even if the plan changes, it's good to have it as a backup.

Thirding (I think?) the clubhouse support. If the Space Needle is visible then I can just bike over from work instead of trying to figure out mass transit, so it's even more convenient for me.

I'm so excited to meet so many of you. It's like a who's-who of MMM forum celebrities and my favorite posters. :)

lhamo - hope everything is okay on your end!

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
I think I will cancel my hotel in North Seattle and book a place near the Space Needle.

Thanks Seattle people for pulling this together!    :) 

MonkeyJenga

• Magnum Stache
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2017, 10:01:10 AM »
Can someone summarize the new plan? I'll update the first post.
The Politics of Dating: My travails in both politics and dating

How to Resist Trump and The Republicans:

Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance

For one simple action a day texted to you: https://dailyaction.org - Text the word DAILY to the number 228466 (A-C-T-I-O-N). Youíll be prompted to enter your ZIP code and thatís itóyouíre signed up.

Indivisible Guide for local groups taking action: https://www.indivisibleguide.com

Sailor Sam

• Magnum Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
PLAN OF THE MEETUP

Thursday, 23-Feb-2017

1600: Meet at Starbucks on the 40th floor of the Columbia Tower (701 5th Ave, Seattle)

ETA: Move from Starbucks, to happy hour, or dinner or, strolling downtown

1830: Los Lobos concert begins (216 Union Street, Seattle)

Friday 24-Feb-2017

ETA: Casual hanging out at Paul der Krake's apartment's clubouse (belltown, near space needle). If Paul's place falls through, we can use my apartment as a staging area, but we can't hang out all day because the place is tiny. Plus I won't be home and I don't trust MJ to keep you guys out of my stuff.

Activity ideas near Paul's: Space needle, Experence Music Project, wandering freely, Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum, Paific Science Museum, Pike Place.
Activity ideas near Reed's: Burke Gilman trail walk, Magneuson Park (dogs!), Metropolitan Market, the Sound Garden
Activities near no one: Ballard Locks, Museum of Flight, Seattle Aquarim, Seattle Great Wheel, Woodland Park Zoo, Greenlake

1700: Happy hour drinks and food at Double J. Saloon (12534 Lake City Way NE Seattle)

Other contenders that take large groups: Elliot Bay Brewery (12537 Lake City Way NE, Seattle), Cooper's Ale House (8065 Lake City Way NE Seattle), The Ram Brewery (University Village, 2650 NE University Village St, Seattle)

ETA: Rolling home drunk

Saturday 25-Feb-2017

1100: Meet at Olympic Sculpture Park (by big red giraffy sculpture). Walk the loop route up the waterfront, and back to Seattle Center

1200-ish: Lunch at Center House (brown bag for those who want)

After Lunch: individual tourist activities, as desired. See 'Activity ideas near Paul's' for nearby locations.
My New Journal

lhamo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
I originally suggested the double j because it is near my house. Feel free to change the venue to be closer to where most people will be ~ little ol lake city isn't exactly the nicest part of town.
Wherever you go, there you are

Paul der Krake

• Magnum Stache
  • Chief Moderator ✅
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »
I put in a request for the club house from 12 to 4 on Friday the 24th. Once confirmed, I will get a list of attendees and share my exact location and contact information privately.

I have to put down a $300 security deposit as an incentive to not destroy the place, so y'all better behave.

Freckles

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »
Does it have any chandeliers from which to swing?

Quimby

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2017, 11:44:13 PM »
What luck! I found this forum today and the Seattle meet up is next week!! Relocated here four months ago so excited to meet all you Mustachians from here and farther afield! I'll join for the Sat events and possibly Thurs.

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:36 AM »

If not, I can bring my pet bull instead.

Thanks Paul for providing a venue (crosses fingers it works out). Since Lhamo had to rescind her generous offer, do we need to make new plans for food? We could still do tacos or we could do a more potluck style?

There's certainly no shortage of drinking establishments downtown for later in the evening, if the mood strikes. I can vouch for the Pike brewery (right next to Pike Place), although it's a bit of a walk from the space needle.

Lhamo, I hope all is okay. I was looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday, but it sounds like it'll have to be next time.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »

If not, I can bring my pet bull instead.

Thanks Paul for providing a venue (crosses fingers it works out). Since Lhamo had to rescind her generous offer, do we need to make new plans for food? We could still do tacos or we could do a more potluck style?

There's certainly no shortage of drinking establishments downtown for later in the evening, if the mood strikes. I can vouch for the Pike brewery (right next to Pike Place), although it's a bit of a walk from the space needle.

Lhamo, I hope all is okay. I was looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday, but it sounds like it'll have to be next time.

Potluck style might be a good plan. That way the burden doesn't end up on anyone one person too much.
The Roughest Mustachian on the Nicest Block: my journal

Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy? Group Journal Here.

crredding

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
Check this out! Talk about good timing as I was just looking up meetups in the area. I'll see you all on the 23rd at Starbucks!

Paul der Krake

• Magnum Stache
  • Chief Moderator ✅
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2017, 07:08:09 PM »
The club house reservation was approved. Here are some important details:

It is reserved from noon to 4pm on Friday, the 24th of February.
There is a limit of 25 guests. If you plan on coming, you need to let me know so I can get an accurate headcount.
There is a gas stove, an oven, and a microwave, but no pots and pans. My wife will kill me if I let internet strangers touch her fancy cookware, so if you need something, you bring it.
There is a large fridge to store food and drinks.
I will need to greet everyone at the door to get into the building.
For those of you driving into town, you will be able to find parking, but it won't be free. I can look into the prices if anyone needs it.
No smoking of any sort.

PM me with with your name (first name is enough) and the number of people coming with you. When we get closer to the date, I will respond to everyone with the exact address and my phone number.

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 424 days until Freedom!
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:26 PM »
Thank you so much for doing this, Paul!  Looking forward to meeting you!
My Journal

Seattle Meetup!

New Orleans Meetup!

Countdown to Freedom:  424 days (1 year, 59 days)

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »
Thank you so much for doing this, Paul!  Looking forward to meeting you!

++++1  !   

shadowmoss

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2017, 07:52:30 PM »
PM sent.
Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!

http://shadowmoss.blogspot.com/

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »

Meadow Lark

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2017, 03:19:13 AM »
I'm coming!  I will get in the 23rd at 6:42pm so I will miss the concert, unfortunately.  And I'll be leaving the 26th at 11:45.

Have not made any decisions about hotels yet.
Yay!  This will be so fun!

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 424 days until Freedom!
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2017, 05:39:55 AM »
Woo hoo!!!

Jessa and I have made the decision about your hotel!  :)
My Journal

Seattle Meetup!

New Orleans Meetup!

Countdown to Freedom:  424 days (1 year, 59 days)

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2017, 06:19:11 AM »
I'm coming!  I will get in the 23rd at 6:42pm so I will miss the concert, unfortunately.  And I'll be leaving the 26th at 11:45.

Have not made any decisions about hotels yet.
Yay!  This will be so fun!

I am looking forward to meeting you! 

Freckles

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2017, 08:58:34 AM »
Yippee!!!

Paul der Krake

• Magnum Stache
  • Chief Moderator ✅
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »
Quick update since I've had multiple people ask: yes there is still room next Friday.

Right now my spreadsheet shows 12 confirmed attendees. I have not responded to every PM, but unless I respond saying we are out of space, everyone who messages me is considered confirmed.