Author Topic: Seattle area meet up  (Read 162067 times)

vacica

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Seattle area meet up
« Reply #900 on: April 15, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »

Hey everyone!

I have just moved to Seattle area from Prague. I am reading MMM for over a year already and would love to meet up with some like minded people. The link to the Facebook event doesn't work for me. I get an error message that the content is not available right now. Is there any fb group to join?

Try joining Washington Mustachians first.

Just asked to join. Thanks!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #901 on: April 27, 2018, 08:20:56 PM »
Try joining Washington Mustachians first.

What about those of us who refuse facebook?  Are we just out in the cold?

In capitalist United States, Facebook refuses you.

That said, GS has kindly promised to cross-post all event announcements to this thread.

Capitalistic swine, indeed. Yes, I do my best to keep things cross-posted :) There's not much you miss on facebook. An occasional post here and there; so far no other meetups except the ones that I've been organizing (makes my job of cross posting is pretty easy)

Speaking of meetups (next one is tomorrow if you haven't heard: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/seattle-area-meet-up/msg1939548/#msg1939548),

1) I won't be able to make the meetup tomorrow (sucks, but I hope everyone else that goes has fun)
2) We won't be able to use CRD Design Build as a fallback this time in case of rain. I have been assured, however, that there is a lovely gazebo in Wallingford park that can act as a shelter in case the weather turns nasty.

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #902 on: April 27, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »
I won't be able to make it tomorrow either. Hope everyone else has fun!

Gray Matter

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #903 on: May 10, 2018, 08:00:57 AM »
Hello Seattleites!  Gray Matter and 94 will be in Seattle next week and are available for a casual meet-up on Friday evening (May 18) if anyone is interested. 

We're staying in the Belltown area and have no knowledge of good meet-up spots, but are willing to travel by foot or public transportation is someone has a recommendation.

bandk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #904 on: May 16, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »
Hello Seattleites!  Gray Matter and 94 will be in Seattle next week and are available for a casual meet-up on Friday evening (May 18) if anyone is interested. 

We're staying in the Belltown area and have no knowledge of good meet-up spots, but are willing to travel by foot or public transportation is someone has a recommendation.

Hello!

We wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow mustachians this Friday. If the weather is nice, I'd like to suggest Myrtle Edwards park. I think the three rocks could make a good meeting spot.

Picture for reference: https://www.seattle.gov/images/Departments/ParksAndRecreation/Parks/MNOP/MyrtleEdwards6.jpg
Approximate location on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5vxh8RS4BRU2

To make us easier to recognize, there's two of us: a 5' asian girl and a 6'1" white guy with long curly hair.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #905 on: May 16, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
Juanita Beach Park could be nice if you want to stay on this side of Lake Washington. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

Gray Matter

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #906 on: May 17, 2018, 08:22:40 PM »
For anyone interested in a casual meet-up tomorrow, Friday, May 18 in Seattle, 94 and I will be at Olympic Sculpture Park at 6 pm.  We'll be standing conspicuously by the big white head (Echo statue) where Broadstreet meets Alaskan Way.  From there, we can decide if we want to take a walk in Myrtle Edwards Park or go for a beer or...? 

If we change locations, we'll post an update here.

Hope to see you (someone!  anyone!) there.

NinetyFour

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #907 on: May 19, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »

Hello!

We wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow mustachians this Friday. If the weather is nice, I'd like to suggest Myrtle Edwards park. I think the three rocks could make a good meeting spot.

Picture for reference: https://www.seattle.gov/images/Departments/ParksAndRecreation/Parks/MNOP/MyrtleEdwards6.jpg
Approximate location on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5vxh8RS4BRU2

To make us easier to recognize, there's two of us: a 5' asian girl and a 6'1" white guy with long curly hair.

It was fantastic meeting @bandk last night!  Such an interesting couple--living the dream mustachian life in Seattle!  I sure hope you start a journal and share your story with all of us as you head toward FIRE!  :-)

bandk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #908 on: May 19, 2018, 11:20:07 PM »
It was fantastic meeting @bandk last night!  Such an interesting couple--living the dream mustachian life in Seattle!  I sure hope you start a journal and share your story with all of us as you head toward FIRE!  :-)
Yeah, it was really awesome to meet you guys too! Thanks for sharing all the cool stories and photos of Guantanamo Bay, your sweet camper, etc!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #909 on: May 20, 2018, 06:41:53 AM »
Wish I could have made it, but 6 is too close to Annabelle's bedtime (of 6:45) when the place was 30min away (we'd have had to be there from 6-6:15, then leave).

5pm (or earlier, like afternoon) tends to work better for us.

How long are you two in town for?
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

fierymillennials

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Fiery Millennials
« Reply #910 on: May 20, 2018, 08:14:12 AM »
Hello Everyone! I'm Gwen, co-host of Fire Drill Podcast. My awesome co-host J and I were going to attend the usual Thursday-before-Camp Mustache-meetup with Mr. Money Mustache, but he won't be here until Friday this year! :( So, J and I are taking up the mantle and hosting a meetup Thursday, May 24th in Gas Works Park at 730 pm. We'll be on top of the big hill next to the big metal thingies. If it gets weathery or dark, we'll relocate to a nearby brewery (or something). Hope to see a few Mustachians out there!

NinetyFour

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #911 on: May 20, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »
Wish I could have made it, but 6 is too close to Annabelle's bedtime (of 6:45) when the place was 30min away (we'd have had to be there from 6-6:15, then leave).

GM and I both left Seattle yesterday.  :(

I will be back up there in August as I drive up to Canada, so I would like to try to see some Seattle peeps again at that point.  Don't know where you'll be at that time, Rebel.  If I don't see you then, looks like I will see you at CM*TO in September!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #912 on: May 20, 2018, 01:20:07 PM »

GM and I both left Seattle yesterday.  :(

I will be back up there in August as I drive up to Canada, so I would like to try to see some Seattle peeps again at that point.  Don't know where you'll be at that time, Rebel.  If I don't see you then, looks like I will see you at CM*TO in September!
D'oh! Sorry I missed you. :)

We'll be in Quebec City July - September. But looking forward to seeing you again at CM*TO!

FIreDrill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #913 on: May 28, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
Posting to follow.

Newish to the area.  Would love to meet some fellow Mushtachians sometime!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #914 on: May 31, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »
With Camp Mustache Seattle having just happened, is anyone interested in meeting, maybe sometime in June?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #915 on: June 02, 2018, 12:40:57 AM »

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #916 on: June 02, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »
With Camp Mustache Seattle having just happened, is anyone interested in meeting, maybe sometime in June?

Yes!  See: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/vancouverseattle-camping-meetup-june-910-2018-(bellingham-washington)/
Oh right, I remember seeing that. I'm actually camping that weekend too, but with a different group of friends so I won't get a chance to go.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #917 on: July 04, 2018, 12:14:50 AM »
UPDATE: Found a spot! Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:00:02 AM by FrugalZony »

shadowmoss

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #918 on: July 08, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »
Martin Way Mobile Home Park.  It is south of Seattle by a bit, maybe an hour depending on traffic.  It is just west of Marvin Rd on Martin Way, which is just off the I5.  There is the train to get to SeaTac, I believe.  I used a shuttle service when I lived there, not cheap but doable.  I lived there 10 years ago when I worked at the Post.  There are a few other smaller parks in the area.  A Costco in sight, and grocery stores in walking distance.  Not far at all from the Sound. with a nice State Park on the water just up Marvin Road on the other side of I5.  It is a 55+ park, but they gave me some lattitude as I had just turned 54.  A lot depends on how full they are, I think.  Current reviews are mostly ok.  Lacey is between Tacoma and Olympia, literally each is a couple of Interstate exits each way.

Martin Way Mobile Home Park
8103 Martin Way E # 20, Lacey, WA 98516
(360) 491-6840

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #919 on: July 08, 2018, 10:26:24 PM »
Martin Way Mobile Home Park.  It is south of Seattle by a bit, maybe an hour depending on traffic.  It is just west of Marvin Rd on Martin Way, which is just off the I5.  There is the train to get to SeaTac, I believe.  I used a shuttle service when I lived there, not cheap but doable.  I lived there 10 years ago when I worked at the Post.  There are a few other smaller parks in the area.  A Costco in sight, and grocery stores in walking distance.  Not far at all from the Sound. with a nice State Park on the water just up Marvin Road on the other side of I5.  It is a 55+ park, but they gave me some lattitude as I had just turned 54.  A lot depends on how full they are, I think.  Current reviews are mostly ok.  Lacey is between Tacoma and Olympia, literally each is a couple of Interstate exits each way.

Martin Way Mobile Home Park
8103 Martin Way E # 20, Lacey, WA 98516
(360) 491-6840
Thank you @shadowmoss, I'll look into it!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #920 on: August 03, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
Posting to see if there are regular meetups in Seattle. I am arriving on October 6th. May stay a week.

minnie1928

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #921 on: August 10, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »
ChooseFI Seattle August meetup - 1pm at Gas Works Park on August 25th at 1pm. Come join us to meet like minded folks! Feel free to bring a sharable snack and a comfy chair or blanket. Children and pets are welcome!   We'll be towards the back of the park, near the concrete sculpture tunnel thing that you can walk through.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #922 on: August 22, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
If anyone is around on Monday, 8/27, Jeremy and Winnie from Go Curry Cracker are also having a meetup in Gas Works Park (6-8pm)
(original source: https://www.facebook.com/events/513216472472921/)

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »
Thanks Minnie, GS, for the cross-posts! I won't be able to make the 25th meetup, but I've put the GCC meetup on my calendar.

Another Dreamer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #924 on: September 03, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »
Looks like I'm a week late haha. How often do y'all meet up? What's the attendance like?

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #925 on: September 12, 2018, 01:03:15 AM »
It's usually somewhere between a month and every couple of months from my experience, and usually half a dozen to a dozen people show up.

That said, I'm up for meeting this month, is anyone else?

I propose Sunday, Sept. 23rd @ 1pm in Green Lake Park (7201 East Green Lake Dr N, Seattle, WA 98115). If the weather isn't too bad, we can meet outside, otherwise we can meet inside the community center.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #926 on: September 12, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
I will be in Seattle from October 7-10. Not sure if anything is going on then...

wordnerd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #927 on: September 12, 2018, 11:42:17 AM »
PTF since we're moving to the area soon. We won't make the next meet up, but potentially the one after.

Call_Me_Jeff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #928 on: September 15, 2018, 02:48:42 PM »
I'm new to the forums and pretty new to the Seattle area. I can't do the proposed Sept 23rd date but I'd like to meetup, I'll keep my eye out for future dates.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #929 on: September 18, 2018, 01:11:28 AM »
@Daisy, not anything that I know of, but if you want to throw something out there for one of the days you're in town I'd be happy to join in if I'm able (as I'm sure others would be too)

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #930 on: September 18, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »
@Daisy, not anything that I know of, but if you want to throw something out there for one of the days you're in town I'd be happy to join in if I'm able (as I'm sure others would be too)

+1. I can't make the September meetup, but I should be available in October. Always nice to meet more MMM'ers!

bandk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #931 on: September 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »
Is the meeting today still on? If so, where exactly are we meeting (Greenlake's pretty big...)?

We'll probably be a bit late, but if it's happening, we'll definitely show up at least!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #932 on: September 23, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »
Yep it's still happening. I haven't gotten there yet so no spot picked out yet. Tentatively, meet near the community center entrance and then we'll figure it from there

bandk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #933 on: September 23, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
Where did you guys end up? We're by Greenlake now, but can't see any obvious mustachians :)

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #934 on: September 23, 2018, 02:58:57 PM »
We're sitting on a blanket by the lake, north ish of the community center entrance

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #935 on: September 25, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

Sounds good.

I arrive on Saturday, October 6th at night. I suppose for those working types, meeting on Sunday, October 7th may be best? How about Sunday night? I don't know the area, so pick a place. I will be staying around the Harrison Ridge Greenbelt, but can probably meet anywhere. I will be visiting a friend that works at Microsoft during the week...another possible area.

If you'd like to meet during the week that would be fine too.

TeamCoffee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #936 on: October 05, 2018, 09:28:03 AM »
Hello!  Is anyone doing this Seattle meetup??  My husband and I are new to the moustachian philosophy (and Frugalwoods!), so we would love to meet up with other peeps! 

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #937 on: October 06, 2018, 10:09:46 PM »

Sounds good.

I arrive on Saturday, October 6th at night. I suppose for those working types, meeting on Sunday, October 7th may be best? How about Sunday night? I don't know the area, so pick a place. I will be staying around the Harrison Ridge Greenbelt, but can probably meet anywhere. I will be visiting a friend that works at Microsoft during the week...another possible area.

There's a place not too far from you called Chuck's Hop Shop that's a casual place to meet. Do you want to try for Sunday around 6 or 6:30, or try a week day?

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #938 on: October 07, 2018, 12:25:01 AM »

Sounds good.

There's a place not too far from you called Chuck's Hop Shop that's a casual place to meet. Do you want to try for Sunday around 6 or 6:30, or try a week day?

I just arrived in Seattle. Sunday at 6 or so at Chucks Hop Shop sounds great! I saw it is a mile from where I am staying. Who else is in?

Aggie1994

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #939 on: October 07, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »
Hi I work in Bellevue area and currently live in Bothell/Mill Creek area until the summer. Would love to meet up with others. I have read for a while on the app but not posted much on the forums.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #940 on: October 07, 2018, 06:10:48 PM »
I'll be at Chuck's closer to 6:30 (I'll be wearing a green sweater). See everyone then!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #941 on: October 07, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »
I'll be at Chuck's closer to 6:30 (I'll be wearing a green sweater). See everyone then!

Ok see you then. Green shirt, living up to your name.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #942 on: October 07, 2018, 07:33:11 PM »
I am here wearing a purple jacket.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #943 on: October 11, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »
Anyone near the Lynnwood area? My wife and I just moved here and it'd be great to meet up with other Mustachians!

seattlecyclone

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #944 on: October 12, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
Anyone near the Lynnwood area? My wife and I just moved here and it'd be great to meet up with other Mustachians!

You actually live in one place now?

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #945 on: October 17, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »
We've been MIA for a bit (we had a kid and another one is one the way!) but I thought I'd check in to see when the next get-together is.  It looks like we missed the October one but how's November 3rd or 17th for everyone? 

And welcome (back?) arebelspy and family! 

wordnerd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #946 on: October 17, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »
We could do either the 3rd or the 17th. What time of day are meetups generally? With kids, I'd prefer morning or mid afternoon, but understand that may not work for the group.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:22:03 PM by wordnerd »

Aggie1994

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #947 on: October 17, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

I am off 164th on the way to Mill Creek but I consider it close to Lynnwood! I haven't posted much on the forums but followed the articles for years now.

Aggie1994

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #948 on: October 17, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
We've been MIA for a bit (we had a kid and another one is one the way!) but I thought I'd check in to see when the next get-together is.  It looks like we missed the October one but how's November 3rd or 17th for everyone? 

And welcome (back?) arebelspy and family!

I can do either date! Will be new to the group.