Author Topic: Seattle area meet up  (Read 109053 times)

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
Re: Seattle area meet up idea
« Reply #450 on: April 05, 2016, 10:11:14 PM »
Ooh -- I can probably come to this one!  I got my free one week Orca card that I have to use -- it expires on Friday.  Is Chuck's anywhere near the Capitol Hill light rail station?  I can google it, of course, but too lazy at the moment....

You probably looked this up already, but the answer is, not really. It's a manageable walk (little less than a mile, maybe?) but there would be some serious uphill on the way back. All things considered, I would think you could swing it, what with all your treadmilling, but that's just my first thought.

I might be able to make this, depending on work. At least this time I will recognize Glenstache so I will identify the mustachians straight away.  :) Maybe someone will know something about tax loss harvesting.

Yeah -- I figured it out. I'll just take the 48 down from the U-District -- it stops a couple of blocks away.

Looking forward to it!
Wherever you go, there you are

hamsterman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2016, 11:57:04 AM »
When are we meeting? 6 PM?

Glenstache

• Handlebar Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2016, 12:11:32 PM »
When are we meeting? 6 PM?

Yes. 6pm at Chuck's Hop Shop in the Central District.

I'll try and remember to bring a mustache themed something-or-other printed on a paper.

Curious Cricket

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2016, 02:43:20 PM »
May also drop by if I can get off of work on time.

hamsterman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
Sorry, stuff came up at work and couldn't make it.

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2016, 09:43:56 PM »
Boo, I was also kept at work. Hope y'all had fun.  :)

Amesenator

• Stubble
« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »
Very sorry to have had to miss this. Hope the scheduling stars will align next time!

ceeteebee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2016, 05:15:25 PM »
Same here. I was bummed to miss the arboretum and Chuck's, but maybe we'll be able to catch the next one. We'll be focused on moving and settling in to the new place for the next couple of weeks, but hopefully things will calm down a bit after that.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Sorry you guys couldn't make it -- we were a small group, just Glenstache, me and Curious Cricket.  Great conversation and excellent liquid refreshment, though! Look forward to the next one.  We might try the north end Chuck's for a change of pace.

Curious Cricket

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »
Sorry you guys couldn't make it -- we were a small group, just Glenstache, me and Curious Cricket.  Great conversation and excellent liquid refreshment, though! Look forward to the next one.  We might try the north end Chuck's for a change of pace.

Definitely nice meeting you and Glen.

seattlecyclone

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2016, 02:18:06 PM »

I'd be much more likely to join at the north Chuck's...just a short walk from my place.
I made a blog! https://seattlecyclone.com/

The Roth IRA was named after William Roth, who represented Delaware in the US senate from 1971-2001. "Roth" is a name, not an acronym. There's no need to capitalize the final three letters.

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #461 on: April 16, 2016, 05:48:43 PM »
Anyone up for a meetup next Saturday, 4/23 sometime between 10-2?  I have to take my son to a service learning project in Discovery Park at that time, and was thinking if the weather is nice it would be fun to explore the park with some fellow Mustachians.  If it is raining, we could move to a nearby coffee shop or other suitable venue. 

I'll be doing similar dropoffs of DS in Everett (Union Slough area) on 4/30 and West Seattle (Camp Long area) on 5/7, and would be interested in a similar arrangement if it works for people.  I just did a massive loop around West Seattle this morning -- it was fun, but it would have been even better with company!

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #462 on: April 16, 2016, 07:46:08 PM »
Hey Lhamo. I'm busy in the afternoon, but I'd be up for a meetup in the morning-ish -- especially if the weather cooperates, as the views are pretty amazing.

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #463 on: April 16, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »
Hey Lhamo. I'm busy in the afternoon, but I'd be up for a meetup in the morning-ish -- especially if the weather cooperates, as the views are pretty amazing.

Great!  Would 10:00amish work?  I'm supposed to drop DS off in the South parking lot a bit before that.   I'll try to remember to bring my green mustache stickers and throw one on the back of my car as an identifier in case anyone else who hasn't met us yet wants to join.

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #464 on: April 16, 2016, 11:16:02 PM »
10 a.m. sounds good to me. I've put it on my calendar!

PatHelo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #465 on: April 18, 2016, 05:21:34 PM »
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum but wanted to say hello.
I live in Magnolia. Happy to meet up

Hike

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #466 on: April 18, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
I live in Magnolia and will be there Saturday too. Just joined the forums when I saw this.

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »
Great!  Look for the grey Ford C-Max with the green mustache post-it on the back window -- I'll be standing next to it....

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »
I can't make it Saturday (basement demolition) but hopefully we'll be able to meet up again soon.  We've really enjoyed meeting everyone we have so far. 

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #469 on: April 23, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
We are near the front of the parking lot by the map and the honey bucket

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #470 on: April 23, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »
Ack. I'm sorry to have missed you all. I arrived late (10:30) and couldn't see anyone other than the group doing grounds-keeping, so I assumed folks had gone off on a trail walk :-/.

I hope to have better luck next time.

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #471 on: April 23, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »
Ack. I'm sorry to have missed you all. I arrived late (10:30) and couldn't see anyone other than the group doing grounds-keeping, so I assumed folks had gone off on a trail walk :-/.

I hope to have better luck next time.

Sorry we missed you!  We must have headed out walking just before you got there. 

FYI, I'm headed to China for a couple of weeks so I won't around for weekend walks or other meetups.   Hope to resume them once I am back, though -- especially if the weather stays like it was this morning!

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »
Sorry we missed you!  We must have headed out walking just before you got there. 

FYI, I'm headed to China for a couple of weeks so I won't around for weekend walks or other meetups.   Hope to resume them once I am back, though -- especially if the weather stays like it was this morning!

Serves me right for being late. :-) Anyway, have a wonderful (and productive) trip back in China.

jcrites2

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #473 on: May 02, 2016, 09:20:09 PM »
If you guys meet up anytime soon, I am in.  I live in queen anne.  I could also offer our rooftop at our apartment building for a get together.  Best views in town.

Glenstache

• Handlebar Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #474 on: May 12, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »
Last year the pre-Camp Mustache meetup at Gasworks park was a great time. Over on the facebook page, it was mentioned that Camp Mustache is just around the corner.

I suggest a meetup at Gasworks Park at 6pm on Thursday May 26.

Gather on the Amphitheater Lawn, same place as last year.
http://www.seattle.gov/parks/_images/maps/picnics/gasworks.pdf

I may be out of town that day for work, but wanted to get the ball rolling a bit ahead of time. Any input, suggestions, whatever welcome and encouraged.

seattlecyclone

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #475 on: May 12, 2016, 02:15:16 PM »
Gas Works last year turned out great! I put it on my calendar for this year but I may be traveling.

The Roth IRA was named after William Roth, who represented Delaware in the US senate from 1971-2001. "Roth" is a name, not an acronym. There's no need to capitalize the final three letters.

Hike

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2016, 09:48:07 PM »
Has anyone heard if there will be a pre-Camp Mustache meetup again this year, for those of us who couldn't get tickets before they sold out?

ceeteebee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #477 on: May 25, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »
Looks like the meetup at Gasworks is on for tomorrow @ 6: https://twitter.com/mrmoneymustache/status/735448975717715972

Not sure about DW yet, but I should be able to come out for a bit, at least

ceeteebee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
Anybody up for doing a potluck/picnic, as well? Need to figure out what we're doing for dinner tomorrow :-)

kudy

• Pencil Stache
Re: Seattle area meet up
« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »
My girlfriend and I, along with 2 carpool buddies will be out and about around noon on Friday, looking for something to do before heading up to the retreat - is anyone interested in getting together Friday afternoon anywhere?

seattlecyclone

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
Anybody up for doing a potluck/picnic, as well? Need to figure out what we're doing for dinner tomorrow :-)

Bring some food to Gas Works! I don't think anyone left hungry (or thirsty!) last year.

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #481 on: May 25, 2016, 09:56:22 PM »
Damn, I'd totally show up, except I'm swinging a side gig tomorrow to the tune of $175.00

Have fun everyone!
I spent the first 6 years of "real" life in a self imposed semi retirement, to secure a lifetime of stories. Now it's time to secure the next lifetime through the badassity of FI.

"I achieved such a high level of badassity I just don't realize how normal people miss the whole process." --Le Barbu

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #482 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »
I'm also going to have to miss the Gasworks gathering -- the last parent meeting for DS's program is tomorrow night, and I missed the last one so I really need to catch up with folks there before we wrap the year up.  Looking forward to Camp Mustache this weekend, though!

D-day

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #483 on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:12 PM »
My girlfriend and I, along with 2 carpool buddies will be out and about around noon on Friday, looking for something to do before heading up to the retreat - is anyone interested in getting together Friday afternoon anywhere?

Kudy - I'll just throw this out there.....I am running a carpool (Adam V on the carpool page) to CM on Friday from my house. Basically just having folks come from the airport and meeting here (3224 S Ferdinand St, 98118) and then we are taking off around 3 for camp. You and your carpool buddies are more than welcome to swing by and hang out (we have beer in the fridge) and if all else fails Columbia City (the hood we live in currently) has great bars and restaurants a block and a half down the street from our house. And fair warning, we have two kids and a dog......the dog's nice....the kids....depends on their mood! :)
FI'd

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »

Folklife 2016 starts Friday - go to the Seattle Center (look for the Space Needle), and wander around.  Admission:  Free
Lots of music, fair-food-booths, and people watching.  For more info... http://www.nwfolklife.org/festival2016/

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
I'll bring Kirkland light beer ($0.48/can) and my portable Weber Q, and some ears of corn for roasting.  The more corn the merrier.

[Did anyone NOT see the Gasworks get together notice on the FaceBook 'Washington Mustachians' group?]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:59:47 AM by Mother Fussbudget »

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
Kudy - I'll just throw this out there.....I am running a carpool (Adam V on the carpool page) to CM on Friday from my house. Basically just having folks come from the airport and meeting here (3224 S Ferdinand St, 98118) and then we are taking off around 3 for camp. You and your carpool buddies are more than welcome to swing by and hang out (we have beer in the fridge) and if all else fails Columbia City (the hood we live in currently) has great bars and restaurants a block and a half down the street from our house. And fair warning, we have two kids and a dog......the dog's nice....the kids....depends on their mood! :)

Thank you! That's just my style ;) I'll run it by the others in my carpool, but I think it's likely we'll want to swing by. I'll PM you my phone number.

chris5977

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Keep calm and sail.
« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »
I'll be there! Pro tip: Fremont Brewing (IMO the best beer in the world) is just down the street and they sell growlers and cans.

It's a big park. Where will you guys be?

Hike

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »
It's been a month since MMM and the Mad Fientist joined us at the meetup, where I promised to try to organize another one to keep the community rolling. So to continue the fun, how about we go back to the place where the magic happened, Gasworks Park.

How is Saturday, July 9 for everyone?

leontager

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #489 on: June 22, 2016, 12:09:10 AM »
sounds great! I can make it.

ceeteebee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #490 on: June 22, 2016, 09:19:12 AM »
That sounds great, we'll be there!

redbirdfan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #491 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »
I'm in!

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #492 on: June 22, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »
That is the day before I leave for China, but should be able to make it.

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a beer at Chuck's Hop Shop on 85th between now and then, let's pick a date.  Pretty much any day other than June 30th or July 5th work for me.

seattlecyclone

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #493 on: June 22, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »
If anyone is interested in meeting up for a beer at Chuck's Hop Shop on 85th between now and then, let's pick a date.  Pretty much any day other than June 30th or July 5th work for me.

Yes, I'd be interested. I can't commit to a particular date in advance due to having a baby at home, but set a date and I might be able to show up!

asch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:37 PM »
I'm in for July 9th! I couldn't make the meetup last month, so this is great - appreciate the organizing @Hike. What time?

thoranx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #495 on: June 26, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
Hello fellow Seattle Mustachians. Wife and I are moving to the Wallingford Neighborhood in Seattle with our 7 month old next week. I see you have a meetup pending for July 9, would be interested in joining. Anybody else with kids in Seattle?

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
Cool.  @nickybecky1, What time are you planning on for the 29th?  My wife's mom is coming to town but we'll make it if we can.  Otherwise we'll be planning on the Gasworks meetup on the 9th. 

nickybecky1

• Stubble
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »
6pm. Hope to see you there!

Hike

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2016, 06:52:07 PM »
How about 5p on July 9? That way, people can enjoy the day on their bikes or their feet and then meet after.

I'm trying to persuade my wife and 11-month-old son to come.

thoranx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #499 on: June 28, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
Hi @Hike let me know if your wife and kid decide to come. Would love to bring mine as well.