We kicked around the idea of having a central topic or main presenter to help focus these. I'll throw out some ideas to get the ball rolling, but others can add to the list, or second one they particularly like.
- Using Excel to project your income and expenses years in advance (I do this and could talk about it)
- Tax strategies for investing or otherwise
- How to find your "number" for financial independence
- Books, websites, podcasts, etc. you find helpful for learning about personal finance
- This Financial Life (someone lays out everything they're doing and others offer thoughts on how to cut expenses, increase returns, etc.)
- The worst/best financial move you've made and what you learned from it
- Navigating the housing market (I'm closing on a new house at the end of the month, so I could talk about our experience)
- Big or little things you do to save money that others should consider
- Travel hacking (would love to hear someone who does this talk about it)
- How you measure your progress toward FI
Are we doing the potluck again? And who thinks they're going to be there so far?