Author Topic: Possible Ventura, CA meetup this summer? LMK below if interested  (Read 3571 times)

Embok

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
I have access to, and could host a weekend afternoon meetup in a modest and very casual local yacht club with a bar. 

This would have to wait until that club is allowed to open — which will be after the pandemic has eased a bit more. I’m thinking this summer. 

Would anyone be interested in a casual meet up in a pleasant room with a deck overlooking the marina, and a relatively inexpensive bar (manned by a member)?  If so, please let me know.

Embok

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
Re: Possible Ventura, CA meetup this summer? LMK below if interested
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 08:12:22 PM »
Thought folks in the LA area might enjoy an weekend afternoon meetup at essentially, a private bar (I’m a member so can host a gathering.  Only cost would be buying your own beers or drinks, which are well priced.)  But no bites!

Maybe I’ll try again in June/July.

acoustic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 08:03:56 PM »
I am in that general area and would be interested :D

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:21:52 PM »
Hee hee hee, you know we're up for it!

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 02:06:11 AM »
Poor @Embok , with answers trickling in every few months...

Our current plan is to move our boat up there next summer, if there are live aboard slips available. Lot of moving parts in that plan, though.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 05:56:31 AM »

Our current plan is to move our boat up there next summer, if there are live aboard slips available. Lot of moving parts in that plan, though.
That was kind of an inside joke. We got to meet the Emboks in Moab last week and our weather-truncated interaction was far too brief. Now that DH has met some great mustachians IRL, he's much more open to this whole meetup idea. Yay!

ETA: Look at me go, fixing very old typos.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 04:09:41 PM by Dicey »

shanec

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 10:13:38 AM »

Not only every few months, here's one almost two years later!

But yes @Embok, we've recently moved to the Ventura area and would be down for a meetup!

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 02:20:20 PM »

Not only every few months, here's one almost two years later!

But yes @Embok, we've recently moved to the Ventura area and would be down for a meetup!

Well, we did move our boat to Ventura late last year and would be happy to meet up this summer!

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 09:38:57 PM »
@Embok, @shanec, we are back in Ventura, anyone interested in a get together?

Embok

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 10:48:19 AM »
@ixtap, @shanec, @acoustic, @mm1970, and @Dicey and others in / near Ventura: Covid kinda kicked the idea of a Ventura meetup to the curb for a while. 

However, if you are interested,  I could probably host a meetup in our little member run yacht club in Ventura on one of the following weekend days:  Sunday July 30 or (after 1 pm only) Sunday August 6.  Or we could meet up at a local restaurant, and I could do that any of those days or Saturday August 5.

The yacht club is very casual, and we could do a potluck (there’s a small but decent kitchen) and if we meet there, we have to have only the yacht club’s drinks due to its liquor license, but they are inexpensive. No other charges as I’m a member. (Other members might be present, and I’d have to confirm no huge conflicts with any races ). 

Alternatively, local restaurants abound - think beach and touristy, not fancy —  the Greek at the Harbor is very nice, decent prices and usually plenty of room for lunch; or there’s a super casual outdoor cafe called the Harbor Cafe, less expensive, some indoor and outdoor tables, basically an eggs and burgers joint, with decent food. 

All 3 places have views of the harbor and it’s usually nice by then (we are still having June gloom).  I suggest a lunch or brunch as Ventura is pretty during the day on most summer days.

Any interest?  If so please say which venue and which day works best for you.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 11:10:21 AM »
If the club will let you have a pot luck, I vote for that, as it allows us to bring foods that fit DH's dietary restrictions. Other than that, they are all fine. And DH might be traveling, anyway.

As of now, we are available all three of the proposed dates.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!