Author Topic: Perth Meetup! (Australia)  (Read 435116 times)

stripey

• Pencil Stache
Re: Perth Meetup! (Australia)
« Reply #1150 on: November 23, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »
I won't be there (I know, yet again!) as I'll be down in Albany for the weekend.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1151 on: November 23, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »
Ok, Saturday. I'll be there :) Yes please Happier, I'd love to have a look at your crea clip! I ended up being a hair model again but I'm starting to resent the time commitment...

I only hair modelled one time but I had to be there for eight hours (they set the colour in the afternoon, made me wait around a whole lot, then cut it on stage that night for some hairdressing conference thing - BORING).

Ms Terror

• Stubble
« Reply #1152 on: November 24, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »

I only hair modelled one time but I had to be there for eight hours (they set the colour in the afternoon, made me wait around a whole lot, then cut it on stage that night for some hairdressing conference thing - BORING).
[/quote]

I've never done one of those whole day things, it sounds interesting but I guess it would just be a lot of waiting around! This last cut was the quickest yet at 1 hour 15 mins! haha

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1153 on: November 25, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
If any of you want to come over to Canberra, we're thinking of doing something special in February - see the Canberra thread - http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/canberra/msg1316320/#new

Of course, it's a loooong way, so it's unlikely any of you would come, but I thought I'd better advise you. I would love to meet you all!

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1154 on: November 25, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »
I've woken up with a cold, so as much as I want to come hang out I'd better quarantine myself (especially from AV! people who give pregnant women colds are EVIL).

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1155 on: November 25, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »
I've woken up with a cold, so as much as I want to come hang out I'd better quarantine myself (especially from AV! people who give pregnant women colds are EVIL).
Nooooo! The person who gave you the cold is also evil, I am sad you have a cold :( that sounds awful. I've been lucky so far. I wanted to compare baby bump sizes! And see how to use the crea clip.  We can save that for next meetup (which needs to be somewhere air conditioned).

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1156 on: November 25, 2016, 05:35:53 PM »
Nooooo! The person who gave you the cold is also evil, I am sad you have a cold :( that sounds awful. I've been lucky so far. I wanted to compare baby bump sizes! And see how to use the crea clip.  We can save that for next meetup (which needs to be somewhere air conditioned).

Luckily it was some random stranger at the shopping centre, so at least I'm not grumpy with anyone :-) I get very fierce when people see me while they're sick and contagious even when I'm not pregnant!!

Ms Terror

• Stubble
« Reply #1157 on: November 25, 2016, 06:03:10 PM »
How many peeps are going this morning? I'm just about to leave..

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1158 on: November 25, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »
How many peeps are going this morning? I'm just about to leave..
I'm here and nobody else is... Wearing my new green Xmas shirt...*

* And now hanging in the usual room completely by myself.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:24:59 PM by Anatidae V »

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1159 on: November 26, 2016, 12:19:33 AM »
I'm here and nobody else is... Wearing my new green Xmas shirt...*

* And now hanging in the usual room completely by myself.

Aww no! I would have joined you but...distance lol

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1160 on: November 26, 2016, 12:37:04 AM »
Ms Terror did turn up :) Melody slept in, so didn't make it.

Next meetup has to be air conditioned - there's none in our usual place.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1161 on: December 05, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »
Friends! I know that I am The Worst at turning up to Meetups lately, but who fancies giving me another shot? (Correct answer: all of you!).

I'm thinking it might be nice to meet up for an after-work drink* (and hot chips, of course...) somewhere in Perth between now and Christmas - anyone interested?

*My drink will be lemonade, obviously.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1162 on: December 05, 2016, 07:35:54 PM »
Friends! I know that I am The Worst at turning up to Meetups lately, but who fancies giving me another shot? (Correct answer: all of you!).

I'm thinking it might be nice to meet up for an after-work drink* (and hot chips, of course...) somewhere in Perth between now and Christmas - anyone interested?

YES. That would be fabulous. I am not in Wednesdays and I can do this week, next week or Tuesday the 20th.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1163 on: December 05, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »

My work roster has changed for December, so I am home every Friday, Saturday and Sunday which probably don't really work out for me coming to after work drinks but if it is on a Friday I would love to come :)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1164 on: December 05, 2016, 08:19:02 PM »

My work roster has changed for December, so I am home every Friday, Saturday and Sunday which probably don't really work out for me coming to after work drinks but if it is on a Friday I would love to come :)

Fridays will be hideous in the city for a while with work drinks for Christmas, but what about switching the plan to a Saturday or Sunday meal / coffee / glass of wine? Somewhere with air conditioning and hot chips :-)

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1165 on: December 05, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »

Fridays will be hideous in the city for a while with work drinks for Christmas, but what about switching the plan to a Saturday or Sunday meal / coffee / glass of wine? Somewhere with air conditioning and hot chips :-)

Yes I figured Friday would be a bad idea, the city will be crazy busy and also other people would have plans :)

But a Saturday or Sunday could work if other people are free. I know December can be difficult to organise. So if after work weeknight drinks works better for everyone else, I will just hopefully catch up with you all in 2017

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1166 on: December 05, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »

Yes I figured Friday would be a bad idea, the city will be crazy busy and also other people would have plans :)

But a Saturday or Sunday could work if other people are free. I know December can be difficult to organise. So if after work weeknight drinks works better for everyone else, I will just hopefully catch up with you all in 2017

Do you know your work dates for January yet? If yes feel free to PM me or post them and when I get around to organising the next crafternoon at my house I'll make sure it's on a good date for you :-)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1167 on: December 05, 2016, 08:53:32 PM »
So I'm going to make a bunch of suggestions and see what sticks.

Tell me if you're available and want to do:

Post-work drinks, city, Thursday 15 Dec
Post-work drinks, city, Monday 19 Dec
Post-work drinks, city, Tuesday 20 Dec
Post-work drinks, city, Wednesday 21 Dec

Brunch, central location, Sunday 18 Dec

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1168 on: December 05, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »

Crossed out what doesn't work for me. All the rest are good.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1169 on: December 05, 2016, 09:17:45 PM »

brunch on the 18th works for me

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1170 on: December 05, 2016, 09:46:26 PM »
Let's lock in brunch on the 18th then :-) anyone have a good idea for somewhere air conditioned in the central-ish area that'll let us hang out for a few hours? I'm also going to ask my friend who brunches a lot where she'd recommend :-P

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1171 on: December 05, 2016, 10:05:36 PM »
Oh, and I'm up for an after-work drink AS WELL if that works for peeps - lord knows I am keen to get some social contact again after months of isolation - so speak up if you want to do that.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1172 on: December 05, 2016, 11:27:23 PM »
Oh, and I'm up for an after-work drink AS WELL if that works for peeps - lord knows I am keen to get some social contact again after months of isolation - so speak up if you want to do that.
I'd appreciate after work drinks as well because they're much easier to get to and I am also keen for humanoid contact.

Ms Terror

• Stubble
« Reply #1173 on: December 06, 2016, 05:15:55 PM »
I don't think I can make brunch on the 18th, but am free for all the afterwork drinks dates :)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1174 on: December 06, 2016, 05:21:04 PM »
I now have an appointment after work on the 20th (and I'm baking a cake that night - hmmm!) so I'd be keen to lock in Thursday 15th for an after-work drink? Belasyse or Stables or somewhere else entirely?

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1175 on: December 06, 2016, 05:58:15 PM »
I'm fine either place, I think Belasyse was easier to sit & chat. Thursday is better for me too

I have no brunch recommendations.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1176 on: December 06, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
I know harvest espresso in vic park has air con, but they prices arent very mustachian from memory.

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1177 on: December 09, 2016, 12:59:40 AM »
I can't do these December dates but hopefully can make it to a January meetup instead!

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1178 on: December 09, 2016, 01:10:51 AM »
I know harvest espresso in vic park has air con, but they prices arent very mustachian from memory.

I consider air con to be more important than cheap prices, how expensive are we talking..?

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1179 on: December 09, 2016, 01:47:00 AM »

I consider air con to be more important than cheap prices, how expensive are we talking..?

Um maybe between $15-$20 for breakfast.

Its weird that more places dont have aircon being as it has been known to get quite warm in perth

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1180 on: December 09, 2016, 02:30:16 AM »

I consider air con to be more important than cheap prices

AGREED!

Its weird that more places dont have aircon being as it has been known to get quite warm in perth

You are the Queen of Understatements. ''Quite warm'', indeed.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1181 on: December 09, 2016, 02:31:10 AM »
Is Harvest actually convenient for anyone?

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1182 on: December 09, 2016, 02:43:24 AM »
Oooh I just remembered that I went to East Village in 140 William for a work breakfast thing recently and it was great! Strong air con, great coffee, good mix of smaller and cheap options as well as hearty and more expensive ones. Not as cheap and cheerful as Food Monkey, sadly, but it is SUPER central.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1183 on: December 09, 2016, 04:11:21 PM »
Oooh I just remembered that I went to East Village in 140 William for a work breakfast thing recently and it was great! Strong air con, great coffee, good mix of smaller and cheap options as well as hearty and more expensive ones. Not as cheap and cheerful as Food Monkey, sadly, but it is SUPER central.

That is probably a better option then :)

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1184 on: December 09, 2016, 04:34:30 PM »

That is probably a better option then :)
That is definitely easier to get to. I like this option

Ms Terror

• Stubble
« Reply #1185 on: December 11, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »
Some plans changed and I can now come to brunch. I was getting excited there thinking that it would be in Harvest and I could just wander down. 140 William is still good though :) Not so sure I can make this Thursday after work, catching up with another friend after work (she has dabbled in the share market but don't think I can drag her along to a meet up!). Depending on timing, I might pop by.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1186 on: December 11, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
Sunday morning brunch:

East Village in 140 William, 9.30am?

And I think the peeps so far are Anatidae V, nnls, Ms Terror and HappierAtHome?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:54:05 PM by HappierAtHome »

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1187 on: December 11, 2016, 10:42:08 PM »
Saturday morning brunch:

I thought it was Sunday 18th?

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1188 on: December 11, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
Saturday morning brunch:

You're correct! I've fixed it now :-)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1189 on: December 11, 2016, 10:56:40 PM »
Now, given that for Thursday drinks we only have Anatidae V, maybe Ms Terror, and me, should we consider calling it off? I would estimate that I'm a 50-50 chance of having to pike due to a certain tiny terror making me vomit, based on how I've been over the last week.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1190 on: December 12, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »
Saturday morning brunch:

You're correct! I've fixed it now :-)

excellent, see you Sunday

coin

• Stubble
« Reply #1191 on: December 12, 2016, 04:21:29 AM »
Now, given that for Thursday drinks we only have Anatidae V, maybe Ms Terror, and me, should we consider calling it off? I would estimate that I'm a 50-50 chance of having to pike due to a certain tiny terror making me vomit, based on how I've been over the last week.

I hope you're feeling less puke-y soon, hey.  I would be able to make it that day, though I don't really post that much (today is the first time I've really looked at the forums in months).  Can play by ear and see how you're going on Weds/Thurs?

I could try and make an appearance for brunch (if that's alright), but I've got a family thing on that day, so might be a bit too hard.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1192 on: December 12, 2016, 06:16:18 AM »

I hope you're feeling less puke-y soon, hey.  I would be able to make it that day, though I don't really post that much (today is the first time I've really looked at the forums in months).  Can play by ear and see how you're going on Weds/Thurs?

I could try and make an appearance for brunch (if that's alright), but I've got a family thing on that day, so might be a bit too hard.
I'm ok with a 3 person meet up on Thursday :)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1193 on: December 12, 2016, 10:51:43 PM »
Yay for coin (possibly) joining us on Sunday!

I'm happy to play Thursday by ear and let you know how I'm doing on the morning of, as long as it won't stuff anyone around if I bail. I'm much more reliable when the event is my first / only thing for that day, which is why I'm feeling more confident about Sunday than Thursday.

Ms Terror

• Stubble
« Reply #1194 on: December 12, 2016, 11:51:21 PM »
I am likely not going to make Thursday, so don't count me in the numbers!

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1195 on: December 13, 2016, 01:58:19 AM »
I'll make DH meet me at Belyase so I'm not all alone, just in case.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1196 on: December 13, 2016, 02:01:09 AM »

I'll post in the morning to let you know how I'm traveling :-)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1197 on: December 13, 2016, 02:01:45 AM »

I'll post in the morning to let you know how I'm traveling :-)

In the sense of, whether I think I'll make it.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1198 on: December 14, 2016, 06:14:23 PM »
I'm calling it: not gonna make it today. Didn't sleep well last night, headachey, and already vomming which doesn't bode well for the rest of the day (evenings tend to be my worst time).

Sorry friends!

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #1199 on: December 14, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
That's ok, thanks for letting us know. I'll be there with a bowl of chips around 5.