Author Topic: New Orleans Meetup; weekend of March 11, 2017  (Read 3526 times)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
New Orleans Meetup; weekend of March 11, 2017
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »
Plans are being made for an MMM meetup in New Orleans the weekend of March 11, 2017.

So far, 4 of us (Gray Matter, Meadow Lark, pbkmaine, and I) have committed and made travel arrangements.  We are close to choosing have booked an AirBnb place that will easily accommodate 4 but can fit 2 or 3 more if anyone else is interested.  Women only at our place, please.  Guys who are interested in meeting up with us can find their own accommodations and then we can exchange calling cards.  :)

I will arrive on Thursday, March 9th and will depart on the 12th, but others will be leaving on Monday, the 13th.

Please post questions or comments here so we can keep track of them without them getting buried in various journals.

This is going to be a great weekend of talking, walking, laughing, cooking, eating, drinking, more talking, more laughing, maybe some crying, and lots more walking.  Oh, and maybe we will do a bit of sightseeing, too!  Can't wait!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:43:31 PM by NinetyFour »

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
Re: New Orleans Meetup; weekend of March 11, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
I think you mean March 12th weekend ?
I'm booked that weekend but would have loved to go otherwise.  I'm on page 45 in Gray Matter's journal; riveting.
Plus NOLA is awesome!

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:51:50 PM »
Can't wait!  PM me with your address so I can send you a check.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 04:19:47 AM »
I think you mean March 12th weekend ?
I'm booked that weekend but would have loved to go otherwise.  I'm on page 45 in Gray Matter's journal; riveting.
Plus NOLA is awesome!

Sorry--didn't see this until today, for some reason...

Too bad you can't join us!  :(

I am thinking about going to Camp Mustache Canada, so perhaps I'll get to meet you there?

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 04:21:59 AM »
Can't wait!  PM me with your address so I can send you a check.

I'll need to figure out the numbers, and then I'll let you know.  It's going to be very fun!  So far it's you, me, pbk, and GM.  There might still be others who are thinking about it, but I haven't heard from them recently....

RebelYell

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:40:01 AM »
Hi, pretty new to the site (and forum), but I've been subconsciously moving toward a more mustachian life for the last year.  Recently moved to New Orleans after 16 years in LA and cut my expenses by more than half.  Reading everything I can from MMM these days, so I'd definitely be down to grab a beer (or whiskey; stopped drinking beer recently) when y'all are in town and hear your perspective on all of this.  I'm a believer.  Came on the forum specifically to see if there were any others in the area. 

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »
Cutting your expenses by more than half--that's awesome!

I'm glad you posted here--I, for one, would love to meet you when I'm there in March.  I'll keep you posted as we get closer...

Also, I posted in this thread, but...crickets...maybe you or I should bump it??

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »
Just told DW about getting the AirBNB reserved and she said, "Wait, we're staying at a B&B, not a hotel?"  I said, "You are staying with your nephew, I am staying with my friends at an Air B&B."  And she said, "Wait, what?"
  So I offered her to join us (one of my signature moves "Please come do something with me I know you will not enjoy and that I don't really want you to do." ) That way she will run in terror of spending the weekend with several women she doesn't know, and be happy she got out of my cleverly laid trap to get her to socialize. 
  One of the nights I do want to have her over for dinner, if that is okay.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
Well, I would love to meet her either way.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:05 PM »
Of course she is welcome!  Would love to meet her!

Embok

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »
Dear 94:

I am sorry to be so slow, but have finally got my schedule worked out for March, and cannot come to the New Orleans meetup.   I would like to do so, so badly, but business travel is going to preclude joining you all this time.

Best regards,

Embok

Super Bob Dude

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »
Aww sweet! I had googled to see if there were in FI-types hanging around the Nola area but couldn't find anything. Low and behold a group is forming a mere week from now just after I have finished digesting most of MMM's blog posts and jlcollins' stock series.

I live in the lake view area (relatively near city park). I'd be up for chatting and hearing anyone's life stories that Friday evening/ Sat morning. Would have to head out of town Saturday afternoon though, as I have a half marathon to run on Sunday.

- Phillip

(I guess I should fill out my profile so I am not some creepy weirdo with a blank face. But hey, welcome to the south. We're a tad bit friendly here. Quick facts a go go: started bike commuting 4.5 mi to work at least once a week, have lived frugally by default, currently building an emergency fund before plunging into investing, just starting first real job about 4 months ago (graduated college end of 2015), no debt but not much of a bank account either, and I play a ukulele and own a hammock)

P.S. I also have a couch and a sleeping bag available that Friday night if any guy needs a place to stay for the meetup. Sorry ladies, no members of the opposite sex staying the night unless you are already married.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 08:03:57 PM »
To anybody in the New Orleans area:

As you know, Gray Matter, Meadow Lark, pbkmaine and I will be in New Orleans this coming weekend.  We'd love to meet some local folks and are thinking about a meetup at a quiet coffee shop Saturday afternoon--say 2pm?

Our accommodations are in the Lower Garden District.  It would be great if someone could suggest a coffee shop that is either in walking distance of our place or can be easily accessed by public transit.

Please post here if you have suggestions.  Thanks, and hope to see some of you on Saturday, March 11th!

(Will also post this in the Southern Louisiana meetup thread.)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
I can't make it unfortunately but yall have fun!

Check out the WW2 museum if you like history.  Also, eat some beignets.

householdcfo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 08:25:59 PM »
I am from Baton Rouge and interested in meeting up, but I really need to know where we are meeting asap in order to commit.  The meeting time is 2pm, correct?

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
Hope to hear a trip report.  Working all weekend so it's impossible to make it.   Woukd love to do a bike ride with locals in New Orleans area.   I knownof several we can tag along with as well.