Author Topic: Anyone in Italy?  (Read 3662 times)

Jaayse

• Bristles
Anyone in Italy?
« on: April 02, 2017, 05:47:03 AM »
I will be moving to Italy soon for work.  If there are any Italian mustachians I would be interested to know what area of the country you live in and any advice for applying mustachianism to daily life.  I will be moving to Naples!

radram

• Pencil Stache
Re: Anyone in Italy?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 08:19:57 AM »
I will be moving to Italy soon for work.  If there are any Italian mustachians I would be interested to know what area of the country you live in and any advice for applying mustachianism to daily life.  I will be moving to Naples!

Thank you for reminding me of the family trip of my lifetime to Italy last year. 3 weeks spent in Rome and Perugia.

I welcome your comments as you begin Italian life. It would be my guess that the mustachian lifestyle would be much harder to find because they really seemed to have such a better life/work balance than we do here in the states. Work just seemed to be so much less consuming for them, and therefore the desire to get away from it would not be as strong.

Enjoy your adventure!

Jaayse

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »
I figured it was a long shot to find any mustachians in Italy, but I am hopeful there is another expat or something there. 

I lived in Florence (la piu' bellissima citta'!) for six months before and it was amazing, but I wasn't really living mustachian, just the next best thing, broke college student.

My plan is to find a nice place to live in a very walk-able area of the city and hopefully rent out a room through Airbnb.  I can also see if there is any translator work I can do since I studied Italian in college, or try leading tours of some sort for english speakers.  All the while, I will be taking advantage of the travel deals and traveling hopefully completely funded outside my normal work.  Any travel advice for Europe would be most welcome, I have only been to Italy, France, Germany, Greece and Russia (St. Petersburg).

DINKs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
American in Italy here! I live in Northern Italy in a region called Fruili-Venezia Guilia. Been here almost 4 years, but we're moving to Vegas in October. I'm happy to answer any questions. I'm sure you will find it's much easier to apply the Mustachian lifestyle in Italy than almost anywhere in the U.S.!

Jaayse

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 04:50:03 AM »
That's great to hear!  I will send you a PM with some questions, and congratulations on your upcoming move.

The 585

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
Reviving this thread because my wife and I are moving to Northern Italy in less than two weeks. Anybody still in that area? Would love to hear about your experiences!

Alessandro0098

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »
Hii,
I'm Alessandro from Puglia, I'm glad to know about other mustachian in Italy

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 03:13:06 PM »
Ciao I'm in Italy too.