Author Topic: Moab, Utah, USA in October 2018  (Read 6661 times)

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 273 days until Freedom!
Re: Moab, Utah, USA in October 2018
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »
Oh, OK. 

It looks like I can book that 1 year in advance.  I will make a note on my calendar!  :)

I guess there are 2 group campsites at Arches:  Canyon Wren and Juniper.  I believe Juniper gets a bit more shade (I could be wrong), but other than that, I don't know them well enough to have a preference.
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  273 days

Retire-Canada

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2017, 12:50:03 PM »
Oh, OK. 

It looks like I can book that 1 year in advance.  I will make a note on my calendar!  :)

I guess there are 2 group campsites at Arches:  Canyon Wren and Juniper.  I believe Juniper gets a bit more shade (I could be wrong), but other than that, I don't know them well enough to have a preference.

Unless someone else who is planning on attending has a preference between those or wants to suggest a different location I am good with you picking. Do you need deposits from people who are coming to make the reservation or are you okay to collect money on site at the event?

thesvenster

• Bristles
    • My MMM Forum Journal
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »
Man it would be nerveracking to be around a bunch of Mustachians in a way. I'd feel the need to explain how I had gotten everything I was wearing on sale and how I had brewed the ethanol to power the car to get to Moab myself.

Retire-Canada

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Man it would be nerveracking to be around a bunch of Mustachians in a way. I'd feel the need to explain how I had gotten everything I was wearing on sale and how I had brewed the ethanol to power the car to get to Moab myself.

I'll be there in my F150 clown truck riding a $7K mountain bike. Both bought new. So don't worry I'll draw away any Frugality Police. ;)

Caoineag

• Bristles
    • My Journal
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »

I'll be there in my F150 clown truck riding a $7K mountain bike. Both bought new. So don't worry I'll draw away any Frugality Police. ;)

Oh good, I am pretty sure the frugality police would have a field day with me.

I personally am happy with either of the campsites so happy to leave it to whichever one will be available to book. :)

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 273 days until Freedom!
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »
I'm OK with making the reservation and then extorting money from folks at the campsite later.  ;-)

I'll be there with my clown car Tundra and a $15K camper, no there will be no face punches from me!  :)
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  273 days

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
I've done a LOT of Mustachian meetups.

There's no judgement. Everyone has some anti-Mustachian things.

Don't worry about it. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

Aegishjalmur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2017, 09:02:09 AM »
I had never really looked at what the group sites cost as was never applicable to me. It definitely is a lot more affordable than the individual campsite at $25 per night.

Fees

Campground
Nightly Fee

Devils Garden $25

Canyon Wren Group Site 11-16 campers = $75
 17-22 campers = $100
 23-28 campers = $125
 29-35 campers = $160
Juniper Group Site 11-22 campers = $100
 23-33 campers = $150
 34-44 campers = $200
 45-55 campers = $250
Plans are useless. Planning is indispensable.

Foundapenny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2017, 09:45:30 AM »
I'm just finding out about this thread. I'm tentatively interested in both a 2017 and 2018 gathering. There are quite a few of us who live in northern Utah who get together every 6-8 weeks already. I don't think any of them have seen this thread yet, so I'll put it out there for them, too.

If people do want to come to Utah for an Oct. 2017 gathering, there are certainly plenty of other parks, too. So the Arches construction doesn't need to kill that idea.

Mr Griz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
Hard to commit this far out but this would be awesome for two reasons:  1) I also plan to FIRE about that time, and 2) when younger I did mountain biking all over Moab and Canyonlands.

FWIW, I still ride the same MTB...