Author Topic: FLORIDA MUSTACHIANS!!!  (Read 20421 times)

FL_MM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: FLORIDA MUSTACHIANS!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
I'll be there.

Random Hangers

• Stubble
  • I'm Christine, nice to meetcha
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »
I'll be there. Am walking with a friend until around noon, so might not make it until 12:20p, 12:30p, but I'll be there!

Um, as an introvert who LOATHES the idea of wandering around trying to figure out who the group is, lol, how will I find everyone? Can you maybe let the host/hostess know that you're expecting other folks?

Thanks to Pseudostache for organizing and sending a PM to circle back.

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »
Um, as an introvert who LOATHES the idea of wandering around trying to figure out who the group is, lol, how will I find everyone? Can you maybe let the host/hostess know that you're expecting other folks?

I will bring my piggy bank and put it on the table so you know for sure :)
(see attached pic)

Random Hangers

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
That is awesome and definitely hard to miss, lol.

CmFtns

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2017, 01:30:15 PM »
It's awesome that people are starting to get together for meetups in Florida... I just wish there were some people over on the space coast Brevard County area getting together.

1+ hours for Orlando meetups is kinda far

jwilliams0215

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • WinningWilliams
    • WinningWilliams
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »
You can check out fi180.com. I met them (young married couple in their early thirties I believe) in Gainesville at the Southeast Camp Mustache. They live in the Melbourne area. 

CmFtns

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »
You can check out fi180.com. I met them (young married couple in their early thirties I believe) in Gainesville at the Southeast Camp Mustache. They live in the Melbourne area.

Cool thanks... Do you know if they post on this forum?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:05:01 PM by CmFtns »

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2017, 06:46:11 PM »
There was a Southeast Camp Mustache????

jwilliams0215

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • WinningWilliams
    • WinningWilliams
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »

Cool thanks... Do you know if they post on this forum?

I believe they are, but I don't know their handle... sorry I can't be of more help!

jwilliams0215

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • WinningWilliams
    • WinningWilliams
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »
There was a Southeast Camp Mustache????

Indeed, it didn't get widely promoted as it pretty much sold out from the notification on the Southeastern Mustachians Facebook page. You should be able to search for and find that group (private, just request access) for future potential notifications (it's generally pretty quiet activity wise).

It was pretty well attended and hopefully they do it again next year!  It was held over 4 days in Gainesville and had about 40 people attended in total.

FL_MM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
Great meetup today! Looking forward to next month.

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2017, 06:23:08 PM »
Great meetup today! Looking forward to next month.

Good Times!  Great Company!

And we more than doubled our attendance from Round 1! :)

I think we were talking about regularly scheduling lunch for the 3rd Sunday of each month...

Orlando folks, mark your calendars for Round 3 on March 19th!

Location TBD!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »
Hey Florida Mustatians!  We are considering moving to the Orlando area.  If anyone has any comment on macro considerations (short term housing trends over the next 1-2 years, tourism industry, etc.) please send me a PM!

dorf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »

I hope to be there 3/19.  Kids begin sprigbreak that week so I may get involved in some adventure with them.

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »
Good thing I found this! I live in Miami but I was just in Orlando in Feb. Too bad I missed the last one! If there are any other Miamians in the thread, feel free to say hello. I go to Orlando frequently so I should be able to make one of the meet ups if they are monthly :D

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
Good thing I found this! I live in Miami but I was just in Orlando in Feb. Too bad I missed the last one! If there are any other Miamians in the thread, feel free to say hello. I go to Orlando frequently so I should be able to make one of the meet ups if they are monthly :D

Hello

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »

Hello

Hi! I used to talk with another member from Miami on the forum... maybe there are enough of us to have a meetup?

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 04:47:49 PM »
Really? I hadn't come across any Miamians. It was feeling a little lonely down here.

I have a pretty busy month coming up but I'd definitely be up for a meetup at some point.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:45:53 PM by Daisy »

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2017, 03:26:13 AM »
Really? I hadn't come across any Miamians. It was feeling a little lonely down here.

I have a pretty busy month coming up but I'd definitely be up for a meetup at some point.

I'll try to see if I can contact him again, and we'll keep an eye out for others! ;)

FrugalThrift

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »
In Orlando for vacation this week until Thursday.  Thought it unlikely one is happening over such a a short window but thought I would ask if anything is happening as it would be cool to join a MMM Meetup from another state :)

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2017, 08:19:02 PM »
Whoa... Time flies!

Sunday, March 19th is sneaking up quickly!

CFL'ers: Quick show of hands as to who is up for a mustachian meetup this weekend?

FL_MM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2017, 03:50:19 PM »
I can make the meetup on the 19th.

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2017, 11:54:15 AM »
I can make the meetup on the 19th.

At this point, we're planning on Baja Burrito Kitchen in the Colonial Barnes and Noble plaza at Noon on 3/19.

Open to any other good eats as well!  Have a friend that owns or works at a local restaurant?  Let's show them some love!

Random Hangers

• Stubble
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2017, 03:48:16 PM »
I'm in for Sunday, though I won't get there until 12:30p again.

Local restaurants. Hmmm. There's Beefy King, but it isn't really setup for groups of more than say, 4. And 7 Bites is DELICIOUS but the line is always stupid long. I'm cool with your reco.

FL_MM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
I have to cancel my RSVP for Sunday. :-(  Sorry, too many things to do before I get on a plane Monday morning.  I hope to see everyone next month.

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2017, 10:01:12 AM »
Extremely Late Update:  Random Hangers and I are meeting at 12:30.

But just realized that there could be the possibility that someone may not have "RSVPed"

If you get this too late, SORRY!
If you're at Baja Burrito, wondering where folks are, please stick around till 12:30 and we'll be there soon.

Thanks!

Random Hangers

• Stubble
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »
Thanks for coming out to meet up and answer some of my questions, PseudoStache! Plus we got burritos and chips. Yum.

The third Sunday of April is Easter, so that might put a damper on a potential meetup (although I'm free :)). We mentioned maybe doing it on a Saturday, to potentially hit different availabilities? Was thinking maybe Pom Pom's on Bumby? They have good sandwiches and are locally owned. There's also Jason's Deli on Colonial Marketplace. Not local, but not bad.

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2017, 08:06:08 AM »
Thanks for coming out to meet up and answer some of my questions, PseudoStache! Plus we got burritos and chips. Yum.

The third Sunday of April is Easter, so that might put a damper on a potential meetup (although I'm free :)). We mentioned maybe doing it on a Saturday, to potentially hit different availabilities? Was thinking maybe Pom Pom's on Bumby? They have good sandwiches and are locally owned. There's also Jason's Deli on Colonial Marketplace. Not local, but not bad.

Random Hangers - Yes, great conversation... and motivating to boot!  Definitely need to get my "players" on the field instead of sitting on the sidelines waiting for some type of market "timeout"

How about it CFL'ers:

Saturday - April 15th - 12:00 - Pom Pom's (I've never been but heard it's great!)

Pom Pom's Teahouse and Sandwicheria
pompomsteahouse.com
67 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803

dorf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »

I am tentatively in.  Does it mean anything that 4/15 is tax day?

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »

Hello

Hi! I used to talk with another member from Miami on the forum... maybe there are enough of us to have a meetup?

Have you located the other Miamian?

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2017, 03:05:06 AM »

Hello

No, I wasn't able to. But maybe we can make a meet up thread for South Florida and see if we can make something happen?

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »

What a perfect reason to celebrate :)

T-Minus 11 Days - Can we start the roll call?

Saturday - April 15th - 12:00 - Pom Pom's

pompomsteahouse.com

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »

Hello

No, I wasn't able to. But maybe we can make a meet up thread for South Florida and see if we can make something happen?

Sounds good to me. Maybe we can target Broward to get the tri county area. Or if we ditch Palm Beach for Monroe county in our tri county meetup then Dade is right in the middle!

tkc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2017, 06:30:47 AM »
in

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »

Hello

Sounds good to me. Maybe we can target Broward to get the tri county area. Or if we ditch Palm Beach for Monroe county in our tri county meetup then Dade is right in the middle!

Yeah we could do a South Florida Mustachian thread!

khotte

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Badass Mustachian Twins!
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »

pompomsteahouse.com

I'm in!

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:58 PM »

pompomsteahouse.com

I'm in!

Less than 48 hours!  It's not too late!

The pig will be there!

FL_MM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »
Can't miss seeing the pig! 😂 I'll be there.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »

Hello

Why can't we just take over this thread? We are the largest population center in Florida after all!

Stashlando

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2017, 06:52:50 AM »
Hey Orlando-stachians,

Any meet ups planned soon?   I'm relatively new to MMM, but diving in head first and loving it.  I'd be happy to organize it as well, first week of June maybe?

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2017, 01:44:45 PM »
Hey Orlando-stachians,

Any meet ups planned soon?   I'm relatively new to MMM, but diving in head first and loving it.  I'd be happy to organize it as well, first week of June maybe?

Welcome Stashlando! - We've been meeting for lunch the third weekend of the month. 

Saturday May 20th at 12:00 is coming up... and at our April meetup we talked about going to:
Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
http://www.kohinoorindianrestaurant.com/
249 W STATE ROAD 436
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL

I was actually planning to start up a separate Orlando thread as it turns out there a number of us who work from home so there may also be good opportunities to get together during the week as well.

PseudoStache

• Stubble
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2017, 07:08:49 AM »

Lepetitange3

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
I'm in St Augustine.  Close enough to Orlando to make it happen sometimes ;)

nazar

• Stubble
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »

Hello

Was a South Florida thread Started?  I'd be interested. 

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »
Another Miami person here.

85urquattro

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2017, 06:55:19 AM »
I'm new to the MMM world - living in Naples.

Spitfire

• Bristles
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
Whoops, haven't checked this in over a year. Are South Florida people still hanging around here? 

rxfish

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
New user. I also live in South Florida (Weston). Interested in meeting like minded people. Anyone in South Florida want to get together?

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
New user. I also live in South Florida (Weston). Interested in meeting like minded people. Anyone in South Florida want to get together?

Sure! It sounds like we have the following people in South Florida (including me):

@rxfish
@Spitfire
@TVRodriguez
@nazar
@FIstateofmind
@85urquattro
@Daisy

Who wants to throw out a date and possible location? It looks like we have Weston people, Miami people, and a Naples person.

rxfish

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »
anytime next week works for me! Meet somewhere in Fort Lauderdale?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!