Author Topic: FinCon 2017  (Read 2113 times)

The Happy Philosopher

• Bristles
    • thehappyphilosopher
FinCon 2017
« on: November 02, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »
I just got back from my first FinCon, and am still catching up on sleep and email. Any mustachians out there that went? I met a few, but with 1700+ people it was hard to see everyone. I would love to hear everyone's  perspective on the conference. Also if you did a write-up on it post a link so I can read it. Here is mine. I was pretty sleep deprived when I wrote this :)

http://thehappyphilosopher.com/tipping-fincon/

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: FinCon 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »
I want to edit your display name on here to TheHappyPhilosopher. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

The Happy Philosopher

• Bristles
    • thehappyphilosopher
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:16:45 AM »
Good point Joe...sometimes the obvious things escape me :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:23:50 AM »
:)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

amyrinco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:23:49 PM »
Hello, Happy Philosopher. I was also in Dallas for my first FinCon. I think I just regained equilibrium today. Whoa...that was intense and completely awesome. I think we met for a moment in a hallway. :)

I had a true LOL when I reached this line and its associated photo - "Like when you ask for change for a twenty and you are handed two rolls of quarters."

Loved your post.

The Happy Philosopher

• Bristles
    • thehappyphilosopher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »
Haha, it was a little too much at times. I met so many people it was hard to keep everyone straight.