Author Topic: Connecticut Mustachians Unite  (Read 2890 times)

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Connecticut Mustachians Unite
« on: July 17, 2018, 05:54:44 PM »
Greetings fellow Nutmeggers,

While it has been talked about and implied, sometimes by me, that we should all get together eventually one day in the future because that would be nice.  That day has arrived fellow facial hair aficionados.  We are going to be hosting a potluck at our house so that we can all swap stories, advice, or just drink some great beer, provided gratis of course.  It is going to be in New Haven from 4-7 on Saturday September 22.   PM if you are interested and I will send the specifics of how to find our place.  I will be reaching out to those of you who I have seen from CT on the forums, but please feel free to reply to this thread to build the enthusiasm for what could be the best time you have had gossiping about finance in this fiscal year. 

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Erics4539

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Connecticut Mustachians Unite
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 08:36:25 PM »
Sounds cool, just PMed you

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:38:57 AM »
I am just going to put this back on top.  Even though the replies on here look light, we have had several RSVPs.  Let us know if you all are interested in what will probably the best party of your life. 

Indio

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 10:15:53 AM »
I’m interested but waiting to see if I might need to chauffeur. After school starts, will have a better idea of what their schedule will look like.

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »
We are getting the frugal finger foods ready!  Let me know if you would like to RSVP to what could possibly be the Mustachian Meeting with the highest amount of taxes paid per capita.

AntiGroundhogDay

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:42:55 AM »
Thank you for hosting!  It was wonderful to meet your family and have you open your home to fellow mustachians.  I hope we do it again some time soon!

Greetings fellow Nutmeggers,

While it has been talked about and implied, sometimes by me, that we should all get together eventually one day in the future because that would be nice.  That day has arrived fellow facial hair aficionados.  We are going to be hosting a potluck at our house so that we can all swap stories, advice, or just drink some great beer, provided gratis of course.  It is going to be in New Haven from 4-7 on Saturday September 22.   PM if you are interested and I will send the specifics of how to find our place.  I will be reaching out to those of you who I have seen from CT on the forums, but please feel free to reply to this thread to build the enthusiasm for what could be the best time you have had gossiping about finance in this fiscal year. 

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
Darn it, I saw this too late. Any chance of this happening again? How was the turnout?

Jim Fiction

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 05:27:25 PM »
Darn it, I saw this too late. Any chance of this happening again? How was the turnout?

Hi! I was one of the attendees to the get together. Turnout was low, but we still had a great time. Justchecking mentioned that he received a ton of interest in the meetup, but it seemed that everyone already had plans for that particular weekend. He also indicated that he wanted to do it again in the future, which I hope he does! He and his wonderful family were such gracious hosts!

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 08:14:03 AM »
Greetings Fellow Frugalers,

We had such a great time at our last meeting, we are planning another one.  We are hoping to get together regularly and would love it if you joined us for this one.  Here is a doodle poll for when the next one will be.  Please fill it out and let us know when you can make it.  We will pick the one with the most people available and promise not to give favoritism to the people who brought great food and drink last time.  Looking forward to seeing you all soon.  Also, we will not be making a new thread for each event and so this one will be periodically updated. 

https://doodle.com/poll/337z87csnehcg8pg

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
Just double checking, the meetup(s) would be in the New Haven area?

Thanks for the poll, I filled it out.

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »
The meetup will be in New Haven.  I hope that works for you.

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
It is decided!  We will be meeting on Saturday Nov.3 from 4-7.  Feel free to bring something delicious to eat or drink and feel free to bring partners, kids, acquaintances, or just anyone. (Don't feel like they have to be mustachian either.  We won't pressure them too much.)  Let me know if you have any questions.  Looking forward to the frugality.

Jim Fiction

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »
Just a few days now. Looking forward to seeing a few new faces!

Jim Fiction

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »
A big thanks to Justchecking and his wonderful family for playing host once again to our meet-up. It was great to get together once again with some like-minded folks and share stories, laughs and food and drink. See you all at the next one!