Author Topic: Connecticut Meetups?  (Read 1987 times)

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
Connecticut Meetups?
« on: November 12, 2020, 06:25:27 AM »
Finally moved back to Meriden, CT. I was wondering if anyone is willing to meet up for a get together?

Jim Fiction

• Stubble
Re: Connecticut Meetups?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
First off, welcome back to our lovely state!

We have a small crew here on the forums and we have actually had a few meetups in the past, though its been a few years now:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/anyone-in-ct-71088/

Both times were in New Haven, hosted at a members home. We did talk about trying to organize in a more public setting (i.e. state park or something to that affect), but nothing materialized.

I'm definitely interested in doing another meetup in the future, and I am sure others will be too, but given the state of the world I'm not sure if one will happen any time soon. But, hopefully when things begin to normalize we can get something arranged.

Googs860

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
Posting to follow for when this eventually happens

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 07:27:35 AM »
First off, welcome back to our lovely state!

We have a small crew here on the forums and we have actually had a few meetups in the past, though its been a few years now:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/anyone-in-ct-71088/

Both times were in New Haven, hosted at a members home. We did talk about trying to organize in a more public setting (i.e. state park or something to that affect), but nothing materialized.

I'm definitely interested in doing another meetup in the future, and I am sure others will be too, but given the state of the world I'm not sure if one will happen any time soon. But, hopefully when things begin to normalize we can get something arranged.

I'm definitely interested in a meetup soon.  We can still social distance and use masks given current COVID conditions. Even if its a few of us, it would still be pretty good to meet others and see how we can increase our general knowledge about finance.

justchecking

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 11:22:51 AM »
New Year new meetup.  I am more than willing to host.  I have a large yard and can get a fire going to keep warm or we can go to a park.  Does anyone have any thoughts on dates?  I can also reach out to others.