Author Topic: Colorado Springs - Palmer Park - 3/19 - Hike and fun  (Read 1988 times)

jordanread

Colorado Springs - Palmer Park - 3/19 - Hike and fun
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »
March 19th, start time of 1pm.

There is a gazebo super close, but I still haven't grabbed the number to reserve it, but I have no qualms just taking it over if nobody is there. I may bring some snacks, but I'm not positive yet. Let's put down this parking area or the gazebo here as a meetup spot. I'm thinking meet up at 1, and start wandering/hiking at 1:30. The trails around there are pretty easy, so definitely kid friendly.

One thing to note is that I will have to stick with this schedule. I don't have a data plan anymore, so I won't be able to receive texts or PMs once I leave the house. This should be fun.

And if you want to bring snacks, they just opened a new Save-A-Lot up on Carefree and Academy, and some of the deals are stupidly good. Like $1/lb pork spare ribs, $.39/lb chicken leg quarters, and some crazy deal on apples. I can't remember the specifics, but it's something like 2x3lb bags for $2. The prices are good at both that one, and the one on Circle and Airport, but the south one seems to have run out of a few things.

See you all next Sunday!!

Travis

• Magnum Stache
Re: Colorado Springs - Palmer Park - 3/19 - Hike and fun
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 12:36:59 PM »
Pretty sure we'll be there with a couple kids in tow.

jordanread

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
Okay, quick heads up. It turns out King Soopers has cantaloupe for $.33/lb. I'll chop one up and bring it.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »
Should I have the kids eat before we go or will there be opportunity to sit down and have lunch?

jordanread

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:05:44 AM »
I'm fine with chilling at the gazebo for a bit before we start hiking. So they can eat there. It'll give a chance for late arrivals to meet up with us.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »
Jordan, we had a great time.  I'm sorry we bugged out before you all returned, but the boys were itching to go.

jordanread

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
Jordan, we had a great time.  I'm sorry we bugged out before you all returned, but the boys were itching to go.

Not a problem. I'm just glad I didn't misunderstand and didn't say good bye. It was a fun time. Hope the boys sleep like rocks tonight.