Author Topic: Cincinnati  (Read 19189 times)

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
Re: Cincinnati
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »
I'll be watching this thread and will make it if possible.  I have a newborn at home and so my ability to make this seems to change on a daily basis.  (First month has rotated from getting 1 hr sleep over 3 days,  to that accomplished  "can do anything," sort of feeling.  Also I'm coming from Lexington.  Bringing a ride share or finding another reason , would greatly add to my trip.)

Thanks for rescheduling this.  No way I could have made the last one.

radtek2112

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 02:19:08 PM »
I'm in the Columbus area, but I would be down for this.  I'll keep an eye on this as it's gets closer.  Sounds fun.

* wanted to add that I don't have a fb account either, so I'll watch this for updates.

I plan on being there, so hope you can make it too!  I'll post a reminder next week.

AubreyC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Financial Coach
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »
Fiscal Fitness Clubs is a financial wellness provider and we are looking for beta testers in Ohio and Kentucky to gift our Smart Money Decisions program to. We would really value your feedback, especially with the FI lens!  Details regarding the program can be found here: http://fiscalfitnessclubs.com/smart-money-decisions/  To get the program free, just send your email to me, aubrey@fiscalfitnessclubs.com by 12/20/17 and I’ll send the signup instructions. I hope you all have wonderful holidays!   

hangthedj

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »
Just wondering if this meetup happened, and if any future ones are planned. Long-time mustachian reader, first-time forum user. Would enjoy meeting other like-minded individuals in the Cincinnati area.

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
Re: Cincinnati Hiking and /or Camping
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2018, 07:53:21 AM »
Anyone here interested in camping and/or hiking?   

I'm hoping to put together a small meet-up at Red River Gorge / Natural Bridge later this summer or early fall.  It's about 2 hours from Cinci, but well worth the drive in my opinion.  (Especially if meeting other mustacians.)

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/a-cheap-event-camping-hiking-at-red-river-gorge-kentucky-or-elsewhere/

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2018, 03:30:50 PM »
Red River Gorge is beautiful!

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
Re: Cincinnati - Red River Gorge Kentucky - Camping / Hiking.
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2018, 09:39:15 AM »
Red River Gorge is beautiful!

It sure is.   The whole place is a wonder of remaining trees and nature, but specifically "Natural Bridge" is pretty awesome for anyone that has never seen it. 

-----------
Update:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/a-cheap-event-camping-hiking-at-red-river-gorge-kentucky-or-elsewhere/

We have tentatively scheduled camping / hiking for the weekend of 9/22.  For anyone interested, please PM me or reply to the thread above.  Let us know if you can make it, and/or if there are any issues with this date!

ardrum

• Stubble
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
I stood up there (Natural Bridge) last fall the day before I did a trail half marathon there! Absolutely gorgeous place!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »
Anybody in Cincinnati still alive and thrifty? I have just moved back from NYC for the next little while, but the Cincy meetup threads are all very sleepy.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2021, 05:06:52 AM »
Yeah this thread is pretty sporadic. Would be nice if we could round up more folks.
@startbyservingothers Did you all ever do the RRG hike? I go down there every year usually a couple of times. Planning a couple solo trips this summer as well.

I need to follow to see any responses.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2021, 03:11:54 PM »
Hello stachey people! Anybody alive out there and comfortable meeting up with people in person again? Could be fun, cheap, and easy to do a picnic potluck or a hike later this month!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2021, 06:45:39 AM »
Hello stachey people! Anybody alive out there and comfortable meeting up with people in person again? Could be fun, cheap, and easy to do a picnic potluck or a hike later this month!

I am always up for a day trip to hike somewhere. Looking forward to these cicadas disappearing. Geesh!

What part of Cincy you in? I'm on the east side.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2021, 06:49:31 AM »
Montgomery. Not too many cicadas here - definitely less bad than the last Brood X year.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2021, 07:27:08 AM »
Montgomery. Not too many cicadas here - definitely less bad than the last Brood X year.

I think it depends on the area. My brother-in-law lives out in California Kentucky and he said there are none out there. There are thousands in my yard alone.

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2021, 06:26:58 PM »
Down for whatever. Nature, bars, hike?

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2021, 04:31:19 PM »
Hello fellows
I hope some of you will consider driving up to the north side of town next spring to come to Camp Mustache MW! Hit us up over in that thread or PM me if you have any questions!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!