Author Topic: Canada.Ontario.TriCities  (Read 3748 times)

ThatGuyDuncan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Canada.Ontario.TriCities
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:56:29 PM »
New to the forum. Search functionality blew up, so starting a thread. If there's one already, please let me know and I'll delete this.

Until then -- anybody in Cambridge who wants to grab a beer and help accelerate my learning? I'm going through all blog posts, currently starting 2015.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:57:49 PM by ThatGuyDuncan »

ThatGuyDuncan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Canada.Ontario.Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:39:19 PM »
42 views but no replies. That's either a lot of bots/crawlers, or... Y'all are snobs. C'mon tri-city mustachians, sound off!

singpolyma

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »
I'm not in Cambridge often, but if you find yourself with a reason to be in KW, I'm around. If that reason is at lunchtime I can even get you in to free lunch at my workplace ;)

NGeek

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 07:44:24 PM »
Another K-W'enite here and signed up to the forum to answer this post -though I've read every MMM article at least once by now! Search worked for me and it seems there are a few locals. It would be nice to meet some, as I'm usually surrounded by oversized pickup truck commuter-vehicles and the sound/stench of gas-powered lawncare machines in this part of Kitchener :)

ThatGuyDuncan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »
I'll see if I can edit the title to TriCities instead.

Have finally finished all blogs. Took me months. Makes me cry because I found this immediately AFTER buying a pickup. >>>sigh<<< I bought a poop-hole of a house and knew I would strip it bare, so a bare-bones pickup with long box made sense to me. I lucked into a vehicle 8 years old with 24k on the clock, and bought. Renovation has made excellent use of it, but I can accept that a car with trailer might have done as well or better. Especially because I commute into Mississauga. Yes, I am a clown. But at least I *know* it! Once the reno is complete I'll dump the truck. I bought the bike and trailer but haven't used them.

Every night after work, every weekend, I spend sawing and nailing and screwing driving screws and lifting things. The house is tiny by most standards, but I can easily afford it, so I can start saving for retirement. I stick to the speed limit now because that saves mucho gas -- and reduces stress remarkably. I haven't spent time searching for a job in Cambridge yet, but that might start once my insulation gets sprayed in. Oh -- the plan is to install radiant heat via tankless water heater. ;)

Okay, enough blah blah blah from me. Beers? Is there any kinda local organizing, perhaps through meetup dot com or other venue?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:13:14 AM by ThatGuyDuncan »

Feijoada

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Canada.Ontario.TriCities
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 07:48:58 AM »
Hey, I know this post is a bit old, but I couldn't find a newer one to reply too, hope you guys are still around!

I've recently moved from Brazil to Kitchener, and would love to have some mustachian friends around town!

Legg-Stache

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 07:01:59 AM »
Down to get together, PM me if interested as I rarely check the forum. Can either meet with or without babies included depending on your preference. Ha!

Feijoada

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 05:58:51 PM »
I have received some responses of people interested on meeting, thus I've created this poll on Google Forms, so we can pick a date/place.

Please reply if you are willing to attend: https://forms.gle/k7zSPVev9UH2D1LB9

The idea is to meet next week, Sept 19-22.

AO1FireTo

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 06:45:37 PM »
I'm from Toronto, so a bit far for me.  There is also a Canadian Mustachian Facebook Group and sometimes they have meet ups.  Might be easier to find people there instead of using the forum.

Nudel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »
Just seeing this now. Was there a MMM meet up? That was also CMTO weekend and I saw that some Choose FI fans were meeting in Waterloo Park.