Author Topic: Anyone in the South Bay area of Los Angeles?  (Read 1906 times)

The Sloth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Anyone in the South Bay area of Los Angeles?
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »
Hi! I'm a 33 year old living in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County.  I know there is an Orange County MMM meet up, but I was hoping maybe there'd be some others in the South Bay/Venice/Culver area.  I am FIREd and one of the tougher things has been meeting other people that are free to hang out M-F or at least who can understand my goals/philosophy.  I figured I'd throw up a post here in the hopes of connecting with some like-minded people in the area.

AllenCodySmith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Anyone in the South Bay area of Los Angeles?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 10:15:51 PM »
My wife and I are close by. Long beach to be exact.

Abe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
i'm moving to santa monica next month, which I think is a bit north of you but still could hang out some time.

AllenCodySmith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 10:10:34 AM »
Hey Abe, I think you are also on the other socal thread I replied on. I'm thinking Inglewood would be a descent meet up location for us. El Segundo is also a great spot as well.

scottyah

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »
I'm living in Hermosa Beach, 25 years old and not close to FIRE, but I am working towards it as hard as I can. I'm always up for a beach day or a bike trip up to visit Marina del Rey or down to hike around PV.

El Segundo sounds like an awesome place for a meetup :)

Happy in Paradise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
33/f in Manhattan Beach here! I am dying to find a group of likeminded individuals that embrace the goal of FI. People in LA just stare at me blankly when I bring up the topic. 😂 If no group has yet been established for the South Bay, I would be happy to initiate one! I'm also open to active outings like beach volleyball, biking, hiking, etc. Please reach out if anyone is still interested!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!