Author Topic: Anyone in Montreal?  (Read 29506 times)

G-Cool

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Anyone in Montreal?
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »
Count me in! Moving from Mtl to St-Lambert in June but will always remain a 514 in my heart! ;)

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »
I'm in Montreal approximately half-time (in NY State the other half). I'd love to come to a mustachian meetup if the dates work.

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »
Let's just kick this off, how's sometime in July for people? I'm partial to somewhere in Rosemont, since I live near there.

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
I'm coming back from vacation on July 15th, so anytime after that would be great for me. Do people like the picnic in the park idea? Parc Lafontaine is nice, and not too far from Rosemont. But I'm open to any suggestions :)

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2018, 06:26:42 PM »
I'm coming back from vacation on July 15th, so anytime after that would be great for me. Do people like the picnic in the park idea? Parc Lafontaine is nice, and not too far from Rosemont. But I'm open to any suggestions :)

Parc Lafontaine is beautiful, although parking around there can be a bit of a pain. Not my first choice, but workable if that's convenient for everyone else.

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »

Parc Lafontaine is beautiful, although parking around there can be a bit of a pain. Not my first choice, but workable if that's convenient for everyone else.
I don't drive so I didn't think of parking. Feel free to suggest somewhere else, I'm easy.

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »

I don't drive so I didn't think of parking. Feel free to suggest somewhere else, I'm easy.

Let's go with Parc Lafontaine, I can't think of another that's generally convenient for both driving/subway besides Parc Jarry, but Parc Lafontaine is quite a bit nicer.

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
I'm near Parc Jarry and it's a lovely, vibrant park! And I can confirm that parking is pretty easy on the Villeray side. It's a nice park to picnic in (heading over soon to have dinner outside with a friend this evening, actually). If anyone wants to consider Jarry as a meeting place I would love that. But I'd also come to LaFontaine or elsewhere.

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
There is also that beautiful little park in Rosemont, right across from Cinema Beaubien. Is it Parc Molson? No idea about parking over there.

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
There is also that beautiful little park in Rosemont, right across from Cinema Beaubien. Is it Parc Molson? No idea about parking over there.

Oh don't know why I didn't think of that, beautiful park and lots of parking in the area, walking distance for me! Also there's a bunch of little cafes and stuff around there, great if it turns out to be rainy.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:42:58 PM by Crabbie »

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2018, 07:47:34 PM »
I'm near Parc Jarry and it's a lovely, vibrant park! And I can confirm that parking is pretty easy on the Villeray side. It's a nice park to picnic in (heading over soon to have dinner outside with a friend this evening, actually). If anyone wants to consider Jarry as a meeting place I would love that. But I'd also come to LaFontaine or elsewhere.

Oh Parc Jarry is close to Jean Talon metro, and the autoroute too!
Definitely a great spot, has my voce.

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2018, 09:11:43 AM »

Definitely a great spot, has my voce.

Ok let's go with Parc Jarry! Anybody want to propose a date?

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »

Definitely a great spot, has my vote.

Ok let's go with Parc Jarry! Anybody want to propose a date?

Saturday July 7th.

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2018, 09:00:13 AM »
I'd be better with very end of July, or even a date in early August.

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2018, 10:47:36 AM »
I'd be better with very end of July, or even a date in early August.

July 28th?

I'm ok with any date.

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2018, 02:29:38 AM »
July 28 works for me, and August is ok too just not the first weekend. I can't do July 7

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2018, 05:23:28 AM »
Anyone against July 28th?

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2018, 08:02:12 AM »
OK! I should be able to do Saturday, July 28. What time of day? Personally, I'd prefer not at the peak of heat (though I will show up for whatever the group decides). Does late afternoon/early evening work for people?

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2018, 08:19:26 AM »
OK! I should be able to do Saturday, July 28. What time of day? Personally, I'd prefer not at the peak of heat (though I will show up for whatever the group decides). Does late afternoon/early evening work for people?

Late afternoon works great.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2018, 09:03:35 AM »
Let's say 16h? or later?

Unrelated: is anyone up-to-date with the alcohol-in-parcs rules?

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
Let's say 16h? or later?

Unrelated: is anyone up-to-date with the alcohol-in-parcs rules?

Sounds good! Should we all wear something distinguishing, meet at a certain spot, ...?

And nope, no idea on the booze, would love to know.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
"Il est interdit de consommer des boissons alcoolisées dans les parcs, sauf accompagnées d’un repas sur une table de pique-nique."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2018, 08:17:13 AM »
A friend & I sat on the grass by the pond in Parc Jarry yesterday evening at 8 pm and shared a bottle of wine and no one said a thing or even seemed to notice us, so I think as long as we're not disorderly we should be fine. I can try to bring a couple snacks to share, which should suffice as a "repas." Others may want to do the same. There may or may not be a table available; that's hard to know ahead of time. If no one has ideas as to where in the park to meet I can come up with a couple of suggestions. Being that I live nearby it's easy for me to scope out.

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »
A friend & I sat on the grass by the pond in Parc Jarry yesterday evening at 8 pm and shared a bottle of wine and no one said a thing or even seemed to notice us, so I think as long as we're not disorderly we should be fine. I can try to bring a couple snacks to share, which should suffice as a "repas." Others may want to do the same. There may or may not be a table available; that's hard to know ahead of time. If no one has ideas as to where in the park to meet I can come up with a couple of suggestions. Being that I live nearby it's easy for me to scope out.
I don't know the park that well but a pic of a map with a pin should make it easy to find the group, if you are able to scope out a nice spot. I'll bring food as well. I have been hassled by the cops for drinking in a park, but they said as long as we had a meal (and not just like chips) we were ok.

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
I don't know the park that well but a pic of a map with a pin should make it easy to find the group, if you are able to scope out a nice spot. I'll bring food as well. I have been hassled by the cops for drinking in a park, but they said as long as we had a meal (and not just like chips) we were ok.

Pin sounds good, only vaguely familiar with the park layout, mostly to bring my dog to the dog park there. In service of beer, I'm happy to bring some food too. If Peony can pin a spot, sounds like we have the details sorted out.

Saturday July 28, 2018, Parc Jarry, 16h

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »
I'm thinking of a particular spot near the pond, which should be easy to find. It's not that big a pond and if anyone misses us the worst that happens is that they walk around the pond until they spot us. I'm going to be offline for a day or two (traveling) but will post something precise ASAP.

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
Sorry it took me so long to post this but I've been traveling and have limited computer access.

There's a spot by the side of the pond in Parc Jarry that I think would work well for meeting up. Hopefully my screen shot will load.

I can try to arrive early with a balloon or something similar so we can spot each other. There are picnic tables but if they're unavailable we can sit on blankets on the ground. I can bring at least one.

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »
Sounds good! Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2018, 08:32:25 AM »
Sorry it took me so long to post this but I've been traveling and have limited computer access.

There's a spot by the side of the pond in Parc Jarry that I think would work well for meeting up. Hopefully my screen shot will load.

I can try to arrive early with a balloon or something similar so we can spot each other. There are picnic tables but if they're unavailable we can sit on blankets on the ground. I can bring at least one.

That's a really nice spot, but is usually taken all day... altho it`s the holidays, we might get lucky
Please drawn a pair of mustaches on the baloon :D

Taintedrose19

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2018, 06:52:42 PM »
Hubby and I, along with baby and doggy will be present! Pleasure meeting you guys!

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »
To recap:

Saturday July 28th 2018, 16h

Parc Jarry, on the peninsula

magnacarta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »
Hello all,

Just saw this, and I live nearby. Can I join in on the fun? :)

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2018, 10:02:36 AM »
Hello all,

Just saw this, and I live nearby. Can I join in on the fun? :)
Of course, welcome!

Peony

• Bristles
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2018, 01:09:43 PM »
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Leachatte

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »
Hello,

I just saw this post on the MMM FB group.  Me and my husband would like to join to.  We are looking foward to meet everyone :)

Taintedrose19

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
Balloons blew away! We’re on the peninsula, on the patchwork and mayan blankets! Near the paved walkway!

Leachatte

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »
Any other  distinctive sign to find you guys ?

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »

3 black shirts, a dog, a blue shirt

magnacarta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »
Walked around the park 3-4 times, but couldn't find your group. We must have walked right next to you, but could not figure which blankets were the right one. Everyone had them! I'm actually quite bummed that I didn't get to meet you guys, especially so close, but I'm an introvert. Asking every group if they were there for the meetup would probably have killed me LOL

Hope there'll be another meetup soon, and balloons that won't blow away!

magnacarta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »

3 black shirts, a dog, a blue shirt

Darn... wish I had a data plan now! I did see you guys...

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
So great meeting everyone today! Hope you all made it out before this downpour! Let's do it again soon, and sorry we missed those who didn't manage to link up this time.

nkt0

• Bristles
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2018, 07:34:44 AM »
Any American expats living in Montreal and willing to answer questions from someone looking to potentially move there?

Suelavie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Never too late
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
hello,

I know that this thread seems dead, but hey, Mustachians are perseverant!  So, I am living in Montreal too. peace!

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2019, 08:11:04 AM »
Hi Suelavie! Yeah this thread isn't very active, but there were quite a few Montrealers, even managed a nice meetup/picnic last summer. If we can keep this thread alive, maybe the others will see :)

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »
We should definitely arrange another meetup once it's a bit nicer out!

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »
Salut les radins!
So who's free Sunday June 16th?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:33:45 PM by Kitsunegari »

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2019, 02:36:03 PM »
Salut les radins!
So who's free Sunday June 16th?
I'll be away, but I'm down for a meetup in July!

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »
I see. I will be leaving in mid-July, sooo...

Who's free on July 7th?

Crabbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2019, 10:17:52 PM »
I think I can make it

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2019, 06:28:16 AM »
I'll be around, but potentially unavailable, so maybe for me.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!