Author Topic: Any Vermont or New Hampshire Mustachians  (Read 3979 times)

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Blog: Simply Financially Free
Any Vermont or New Hampshire Mustachians
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »
Anyone out there live in Vermont or New Hampshire?  I would love to meet other people who are on the journey to FI.

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
Re: Any Vermont or New Hampshire Mustachians
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
Me too! I know there are a few of us in New Hampshire (I'm in Manchester). I don't know about Vermont besides the Frugalwoods of course :-) Been meaning to go to a Boston meetup but haven't made it yet.

NewMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:33:35 PM »
Yes! I'm in NH also and would like to meet up.

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:27:41 AM »
As I am in Burlington VT getting NH can be a little tough but I am down that way periodically.  I can let you both know next time I am down that way if that works for you.

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
Yes! Next time you are headed down let us know.

Karinajane8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
I'm in far southern Vermont-same state, opposite end! I may start traveling occasionally to Burlington for work . . .

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 07:08:51 AM »
I'm in far southern Vermont-same state, opposite end! I may start traveling occasionally to Burlington for work . . .
What part of the state?  Every once and a while I have to travel to other parts of the state for work.

Karinajane8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 07:48:19 AM »
Near Mount Snow. I work in Brattleboro.  Ever make it that far south?!?

jmailbox8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »
My wife and I, and our 2 young children, live in the Upper Valley (greater White River Junction and Lebanon, NH area). We'd love to meet some like-minded folks. I grew up in Vergennes and I visit the Champlain Valley a few times a year.

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »
Near Mount Snow. I work in Brattleboro.  Ever make it that far south?!?

I usually don't make it that far south but if I do I will certainly keep you in mind!

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 05:31:03 PM »
My wife and I, and our 2 young children, live in the Upper Valley (greater White River Junction and Lebanon, NH area). We'd love to meet some like-minded folks. I grew up in Vergennes and I visit the Champlain Valley a few times a year.

We sometimes travel through the Lebanon/WRJ area on a way to visit my dad in NH and I also went to WRJ for work last month so it might be feasible to meet up!  I will let you know next time we travel that way and certainly let me know if you head up to the Chittenden county area.

jmailbox8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »
Definitely let me know if you are in my area. I work from home, so I can usually escape when I want to for a little while. I'll let you know if I find myself in B-Town. Where in NH does your Dad live? We find ourselves in the Manchester area quite often, especially around the holidays as that is where my in-laws live.

Lnspilot

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »
I'm from Essex Jct, but live in SLC now. I'm posting to follow all y'all, and maybe meet up when I come back to visit on occasion.

Simply, I just subbed to your blog and am looking forward to having a read through. I'll make sure to hit you up when I come visit again!

moonpalace

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 06:56:47 AM »
I'm in central VT (Montpelier). Glad to know there are other VT/NH folks on here! Maybe a northern new england meetup should happen sometime?

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 09:11:16 AM »
Posting to follow - I'm from Vermont, currently living near DC, but planning to move back to Burlington in the next 2 years.

jmailbox8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »
I'm in central VT (Montpelier). Glad to know there are other VT/NH folks on here! Maybe a northern new england meetup should happen sometime?

Perhaps a hike and picnic.

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »
Sounds fun!

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 07:43:24 AM »
Definitely let me know if you are in my area. I work from home, so I can usually escape when I want to for a little while. I'll let you know if I find myself in B-Town. Where in NH does your Dad live? We find ourselves in the Manchester area quite often, especially around the holidays as that is where my in-laws live.

My dad lives in Amherst so close to Manchester.  I will be down that way for father's day and usually a couple of quick trips throughout the year.

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 07:44:41 AM »

Perhaps a hike and picnic.

This sounds great!  I love getting out and enjoying the outdoors.  Let me know if you want to plan something.

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 07:48:27 AM »
I'm from Essex Jct, but live in SLC now. I'm posting to follow all y'all, and maybe meet up when I come back to visit on occasion.

Simply, I just subbed to your blog and am looking forward to having a read through. I'll make sure to hit you up when I come visit again!

@lnspilot, Definitely let me know next time you are in town!  We have been to SLC in the past to ski but not sure if we will in the next year or two.

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
My dad lives in Amherst so close to Manchester.  I will be down that way for father's day and usually a couple of quick trips throughout the year.

Dang! If there's a get-together on Father's Day weekend I'll miss it as I'm off to Bangkok to see my folks. I know, woe is me.