Author Topic: Any mustachians from India?  (Read 3772 times)

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
Any mustachians from India?
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:10:43 AM »
Any mustachians from India? Either from India or living in India? Please reply or message me. Would like to connect and learn share.

Abe

• Magnum Stache
Re: Any mustachians from India?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 07:29:50 PM »
I was born in India but grew up for the most part in NC. Now we're in California. Hi!

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
Hi Abe !! Thanks for your reply. I live in NC the last 4 years...liking it here. Adding you as buddy...Hope that's fine :)

pollyjoty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • We did it
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 05:41:17 AM »
Hi,
We are based in Mumbai, India. We loved this forum and the ideas given here.

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 06:24:14 AM »
Hi,

Nice to see a post related to Indians. I was searching for this too to hear from Indians about FIRE.

Reason is.. I will be retiring next month (relatively early at 43 years of age) and looking forward to be free and do what I love to do in life.

We will be moving to Hyderabad from UK with wife and two kids (8 and 5 years old).

Hope we can share our views and learn new things about this lifestyle. I posted more about myself in other post.

As I am about to start this new life style in next few days, will be active in this forum to be in touch with similar mindsets and understand their views.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 04:51:14 PM »
Hi, I'm originally from India and have been living in the US for the past 34 years. I've been in this group for 6-7 years.

There are a lot of great ideas with this group. Ideas might need minor changes to work in India, but the principles are solid.

I retired a couple of years ago at 59. 

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 09:00:10 PM »
Thanks for response and comments.

As you said, bit of tweaking is required to FIRE in India. Looking forward to it.

Yesterday started budgeting expenses and cost of living in India to accurate level eventhough planned finances an year back with lot of buffer.

Found an excel template to track budget and expenses. It took time to configure and good to track things to accuracy atleast for an year after FIRE to get idea on expenses.

As part of that, trying to figure out cost of living now a days in India. For all fixed expenses, got a clarity as I was living in India before moving to UK couple of years back. Only changing parts are groceries cost and new life style costs like more travel, family time, partying etc.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post in this topic.. out of 20 years of my career, I ensured half of my time living in India so no problem for me or my family to go back and live in India.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 09:19:29 PM »
Hi Abe !! Thanks for your reply. I live in NC the last 4 years...liking it here. Adding you as buddy...Hope that's fine :)

@FamilyGuy , I'm not from India, but it's great to see another person from NC!   I'm in Fayetteville, where are you?

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 09:30:11 PM »
Update from end.. retired on July 6th. Started new exciting life. Relocated back from UK as planned to Hyderabad, India and settling down now.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 11:26:52 AM »
Awesome. Enjoy FIRE!

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »
Thank you