Author Topic: Minneapolis Super Bowl Report  (Read 8295 times)

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
Re: Minneapolis Super Bowl Report
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 01:50:45 PM »
I understand why you're confused.

You guys are getting lost in the details... just go back to the original Thesis Statement and all will be made clear.
Oh but I do agree with your thesis statement. I too would love my balls being sucked by the NFL and our local team The Suckaneers. Especially after the stupid public dollars my city gives to my NFL team to shut down roads and inconvenience us 8 times per year. And that the road being impacted is the only way most of the city north of the stadium can get to the airport without paying tolls.

I would like to trade you some sunshine for some nice snowmelt, that stuff is delicious. Packaging issues on my end are unresolvable.

PS. And Fuck Ajit Pai.

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
Yeah, sorry about the inside jokes... If people want to live in America's taint, that's cool.

I'm kinda amused by the fact that we've got a little cold snap just in time for this weekend. There's gonna be tons of idiots at HCMC with frostbite and hypothermia.

Although it is somewhat amusing, I don't really want people in the hospital. Idiots + Alcohol + cold = a busy day in the hospital. I'm going to assume that Saturday night/Sunday morning is going to suck at HCMC.

My friend works in the Abbott ER. I bet she will have good stories. I will eager there will be more dumb alcohol related ER visits than cold related ER visits.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2018, 06:32:21 PM »
For those annoyed Minnesotans, can I recommend Iowa, land of no professional sports teams?

We do have Chuck Headset (edit: Uh, Grassley. My phone is weird), Steve King, et al. though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:19:07 AM by iowajes »

accolay

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2018, 10:01:09 AM »
For those annoyed Minnesotans, can I recommend Iowa, land of no professional sports teams?
We do have Chuck Headset, Steve King, et al. though.

We raise you Michelle Bachmann.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michele-bachmann-sign-from-god_us_5a7413ade4b01ce33eb175a5

Only a few more days to go until they clear up all the mess. But it was not all in vain! Somebody thinks we should give those in their ivory towers MORE public money.
https://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2018/02/hooked-on-attention-biz-leaders-want-more-public-money-for-big-events/

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2018, 12:20:35 PM »
I say since we plebs must fund our own lives, let the Ivory tower class fund their own way as well. Want a stadium? Then let the wealthy NFL owners pay for it entirely.

accolay

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2018, 09:34:23 PM »
I say since we plebs must fund our own lives, let the Ivory tower class fund their own way as well. Want a stadium? Then let the wealthy NFL owners pay for it entirely.

Accolay hi-fives Just Joe.