Author Topic: What's up with QQQJ?  (Read 1358 times)

Blender Bender

• Stubble
What's up with QQQJ?
« on: December 22, 2021, 11:06:07 AM »
Normally i'm happy seeing that not all of my ETFs are green (or red) at the same time.
Recent examples are VXF (VTI - VOO), QQQJ (Nasdaq Next 100). Seeing the reds it means to me that i'm pretty well diversified; just waiting for the weak cylinders to fire later with renewed strength.

Somehow the old Growth vs Value has become Large vs Small. This could be longer theme since technologies affects most of the market.

But QQQJ seems keeping to be undervalued (also in the context of value of its stocks inside), and has trouble to catchup. I have no such worry with VXF, it will come back.

QQQJ shine time will come? I just do hope so.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:10:20 AM by ArnoldK »

Rdy2Fire

• Bristles
Re: What's up with QQQJ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 08:34:28 AM »
Not sure you have a specific question in there but I agree on QQQJ seeming to be undervalued.

Like yourself I am waiting on 'shine time' but I am not overly worried. I've own the originally QQQ for a very long time and it didn't take off for a while either so if you're in for the long haul I think QQQJ will be great. Full disclosure I own QQQJ at around $25

index

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 11:23:03 AM »
Not sure you have a specific question in there but I agree on QQQJ seeming to be undervalued.

Like yourself I am waiting on 'shine time' but I am not overly worried. I've own the originally QQQ for a very long time and it didn't take off for a while either so if you're in for the long haul I think QQQJ will be great. Full disclosure I own QQQJ at around $25

You should be buying QQQM instead of QQQ. Same fund, same issuer, lower expense ratio.

Rdy2Fire

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 11:35:16 AM »

You should be buying QQQM instead of QQQ. Same fund, same issuer, lower expense ratio.

I'm not buying QQQ I've owned it since it's $36 I think I'm fine with the expense ratio. I bought QQQJ over QQQM because I thought/think it's more differentiated from QQQ then QQQM

index

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 12:13:24 PM »

I'm not buying QQQ I've owned it since it's $36 I think I'm fine with the expense ratio. I bought QQQJ over QQQM because I thought/think it's more differentiated from QQQ then QQQM

QQQ and QQQM are the same except QQQM is 5 bpps cheaper.  If you are in a tax advantaged account, you should sell QQQ for QQQM. If you are in a taxable account, then future planned purchases of QQQ should be QQQM. QQQJ is a different index and I have no comment on whether it is a good investment or not. It's essentially mid-cap nasdaq

Blender Bender

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts. Happy Xmas 🎅!

Blender Bender

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 09:03:36 AM »
Zacks just downgraded QQQJ to Hold. But QQQ is still Buy, and VGT & SOXX is still Strong Buy.