Author Topic: Top is in  (Read 3139147 times)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Top is in
« Reply #7850 on: May 25, 2021, 01:24:25 AM »

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7851 on: May 25, 2021, 09:40:33 AM »
From Marketwatch (truly a beacon of measured reporting):
Its current slump isn’t pegged to one single event or piece of news but was instead being blamed on fear, uncertainty and doubt, or FUD, in the parlance of crypto traders.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7852 on: May 25, 2021, 10:16:45 AM »
From Marketwatch (truly a beacon of measured reporting):
Its current slump isn’t pegged to one single event or piece of news but was instead being blamed on fear, uncertainty and doubt, or FUD, in the parlance of crypto traders.

Um, y'all do know what happened to those guys, right?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7853 on: May 25, 2021, 11:12:04 AM »
They lost their life savings because they invested at the top.  Fear is back.

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7854 on: May 25, 2021, 02:58:12 PM »
They lost their life savings because they invested at the top.  Fear is back.

Earnings will be a reality check, being as that's generally the whole point of reporting earnings. 

Wintergreen78

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7855 on: June 08, 2021, 01:29:11 PM »
Stupidly high top is in.

You called it! I think the day you made this post was the actual day The Top was in. The market has gone down for three days in a row. I don;t think it will ever go up again.

Are you Thorstach?

I can’t be sure, but I’m pretty sure I have never noticed you posting at the same time Thorstach posted.

No, he's not Thorstach.   Thorstach was the prophet in the wilderness.   Ender is the new one true prophet that has replaced Thorstach -- the Thorstach Ender if you will.

Today is the big test! The top has been in for a month. I was starting to believe in Ender, but he may be proved false soon.

One whole month as the new Thorstach is pretty sweet though. I don’t know many other people who can claim that kind of accomplishment in their lives.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7856 on: June 08, 2021, 01:40:17 PM »
Stupidly high top is in.

You called it! I think the day you made this post was the actual day The Top was in. The market has gone down for three days in a row. I don;t think it will ever go up again.

Are you Thorstach?

I can’t be sure, but I’m pretty sure I have never noticed you posting at the same time Thorstach posted.

No, he's not Thorstach.   Thorstach was the prophet in the wilderness.   Ender is the new one true prophet that has replaced Thorstach -- the Thorstach Ender if you will.

Today is the big test! The top has been in for a month. I was starting to believe in Ender, but he may be proved false soon.

One whole month as the new Thorstach is pretty sweet though. I don’t know many other people who can claim that kind of accomplishment in their lives.

Heresy!

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7857 on: June 10, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »
Stupidly high top is in.

Are you Thorstach?

Heresy!

Ender is a false prophet. Top is in. Again.

Wintergreen78

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7858 on: June 10, 2021, 05:23:44 PM »
Stupidly high top is in.

Are you Thorstach?

Heresy!

This is difficult to process. First, I believed in Thorstach. Then the VIX didn’t break down and XVI didn’t spike. So I began to doubt. But Ender spoke, and for one whole month the world made sense. I felt that I could understand The Top. Now Ender has been proved as false as Thorstach.

What do we do now?

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7859 on: June 10, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »
It's all just a game to me, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7860 on: June 10, 2021, 06:15:38 PM »
I've figured out the whole and complete truth of what is going on.

The market has actually collapsed just as Thorstach Ender predicted.

But, testimony given to Ohio Republican legislators in the last two days has made it all clear to me.

The covid shot causes people to become magnetic.   The magnetic field of all the vaccinated people has magnified the 5G elements of the internet and are turning those electrons passing thru the internet positive, which causes the market to look higher than it really is.  It's actually at -4200 or so.   

You can prove this because if you've gotten the covid shot spoons and bobby pins will stick to your skin.     Well, even if they don't, it's still true.   That's what the testimony said.

And the Republican state legislators thanked these people for their useful testimony and passed anti-covid-vax legislation.

But don't worry, another Republican congressman has asked if the Bureau of Land Management or the Forest Service can alter the moon or the Earth's orbit because he had learned from NASA that some naturally occurring alterations would affect the climate.
I bet when Smokey the Bear moves the moon to a new location it will counteract the covid magnetic effect and the truth shall be revealed.

Spoiler: show
**  And no, I didn't make up the testimony or the Republican legislators or congressmen's actions.   Just the crackpot theory linking them all together with the impact on the S&P 500.   **

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7861 on: June 10, 2021, 06:26:03 PM »

But, testimony given to Ohio Republican legislators in the last two days has made it all clear to me.

The covid shot causes people to become magnetic.   

Magnetic top is in!

Wintergreen78

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7862 on: June 10, 2021, 06:59:13 PM »

Magnetic top is in!

That testimony was crazy! Nobody knows how magnets work, so how can you prove these magnetic people got that way from their COVID shot?

Somebody doesn’t understand science…

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7863 on: June 10, 2021, 08:05:14 PM »

Magnetic top is in!

That testimony was crazy! Nobody knows how magnets work, so how can you prove these magnetic people got that way from their COVID shot?

Somebody doesn’t understand science…

Oh, no, you missed the best part.  The nurse demonstrated to the Republican legislators that she was now magnetic but THE ITEMS DID NOT STICK TO HER.   And she just shrugged it off and said it happened anyway, and the Republican legislators nodded "Yep." and passed the legislation the nurse wanted.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7864 on: June 10, 2021, 10:31:12 PM »
Speaking of amazing medical conclusions, a few months ago the Republican AZ legislature removed the covid mask mandate (this is long before it was available to anyone who wanted one) because the masks obviously aren't needed because the CDC didn't make us wear masks during the AIDS epidemic.  Yep.   You read that correctly.

Personally, I think if the GOP had had its heads this far up Trump's ass back then the CDC would have recommended they use a mask, but that's just my opinion and not a medical one...

GOP Logic Top is in.

The GOP Illogic Top is poised to go sky high.

Even the great Prophet Thorstach couldn't be expected to foresee such a glut of public stupidity that's accepted as correct by 25-50% of the nation.   God knows what it will do to the market over the next decade, but I don't think even Thorstach can foresee the end of this.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7865 on: June 11, 2021, 07:28:43 AM »
When will mask top be in?

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
« Reply #7866 on: June 11, 2021, 07:33:15 AM »
Stupidly high top is in.

Are you Thorstach?

Heresy!

This is difficult to process. First, I believed in Thorstach. Then the VIX didn’t break down and XVI didn’t spike. So I began to doubt. But Ender spoke, and for one whole month the world made sense. I felt that I could understand The Top. Now Ender has been proved as false as Thorstach.

What do we do now?

Historically, people have doubled down on their belief in prophets at points such as this.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7867 on: June 11, 2021, 08:06:44 AM »
Historically, people have doubled down on their belief in prophets at points such as this.

No waffling around, we are doubling down (with maple mayo) that the Top is in!

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7868 on: June 11, 2021, 08:17:18 AM »
That looks disgusting.  I want to eat it so bad.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #7869 on: June 11, 2021, 03:48:44 PM »

Totally gross.   So many restaurants serving sickening, fattening food.  Where though?  Which restaurant? 

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
« Reply #7870 on: June 11, 2021, 04:10:51 PM »

Totally gross.   So many restaurants serving sickening, fattening food.  Where though?  Which restaurant?

Taking 100 aspirins will also relieve hunger, with the added bonus of not having to spend years as a disabled person who hates their body. Still, I'm reluctant to call a bottom on restaurant food quality.

Colonel Sanders may have killed more people than Saddam Hussein. Hussein never had WMDs like this.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7871 on: June 11, 2021, 04:21:01 PM »

Taking 100 aspirins will also relieve hunger, with the added bonus of not having to spend years as a disabled person who hates their body. Still, I'm reluctant to call a bottom on restaurant food quality.

Colonel Sanders may have killed more people than Saddam Hussein. Hussein never had WMDs like this.

Taking 100 aspirins may relieve hunger, but it's also likely to cause rapid breathing, sweating, hallucination, vomiting, and death.  I'd recommend the waffle double down as much safer over it.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7872 on: June 11, 2021, 04:29:50 PM »
When will mask top be in?
When you get to the bottom, you go to the top.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7873 on: June 12, 2021, 07:35:16 PM »

Taking 100 aspirins may relieve hunger, but it's also likely to cause rapid breathing, sweating, hallucination, vomiting, and death.  I'd recommend the waffle double down as much safer over it.

My arteries or my liver? Tough call.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7874 on: June 14, 2021, 08:29:26 AM »

No waffling around, we are doubling down (with maple mayo) that the Top is in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMIbO3S--E

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7875 on: June 14, 2021, 02:24:07 PM »
I love a come from behind win!

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7876 on: June 14, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »
I love a come from behind win!

That graphic reminds me of all the lava in Iceland. 

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7877 on: June 14, 2021, 03:10:29 PM »

“I’m too drunk to taste this Top” - late, great Colonel Sanders

On an unrelated note, Colonel Sanders actually got into a gunfight with a rival businessman at one point

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7878 on: June 14, 2021, 03:17:06 PM »

“I’m too drunk to taste this Top” - late, great Colonel Sanders

On an unrelated note, Colonel Sanders actually got into a gunfight with a rival businessman at one point
Or as they said in Strange Brew:
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/733df418-81a8-4452-bccc-5b2ff93b4dc9

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7879 on: June 15, 2021, 08:20:40 PM »
This is yet another article that takes a statistic (40% of workers thinking of quitting) and throws it out like a matter of fact truth, while not providing any evidence at all for where that stat comes from or how to determine that it's a real statistic.

Then again, in this day, you don't have to actually write news articles that are factual to be popular, just ones that reinforce people's preconceived notions of what they want to read.

Which this article 100% does.

But 85% of your posts have turned out to be inaccurate, so why should we trust you now?

I have been shamed for my heresy in predicting the top. ender's top was in.

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
  • Older than the internet, but not wiser... yet
« Reply #7880 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:27 PM »
This is yet another article that takes a statistic (40% of workers thinking of quitting) and throws it out like a matter of fact truth, while not providing any evidence at all for where that stat comes from or how to determine that it's a real statistic.

Then again, in this day, you don't have to actually write news articles that are factual to be popular, just ones that reinforce people's preconceived notions of what they want to read.

Which this article 100% does.

But 85% of your posts have turned out to be inaccurate, so why should we trust you now?

I have been shamed for my heresy in predicting the top. ender's top was in.

Ender's top...ended??

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7881 on: June 16, 2021, 06:55:53 AM »
I got to the enemies gate and found that the gate was down, not top.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #7882 on: June 18, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »

Sounds like a scandal. Top-gate perhaps?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7883 on: June 18, 2021, 04:34:44 PM »

I thought Ender got through the enemy's
gate, but only later found out it wasn't a game
Spoiler within a spoiler: the Easter Bunny isn't real.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:46:16 AM by Glenstache »

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7884 on: June 18, 2021, 05:38:42 PM »
Excuse me, I’ve only had like 35 years to read the book. Can’t you use spoiler tags??

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7885 on: June 20, 2021, 09:22:15 AM »
TOP IS IN

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7886 on: June 21, 2021, 09:47:40 AM »
TOP IS IN

...earnings will be a reality check

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7887 on: June 21, 2021, 03:44:08 PM »

I thought Ender got through the enemy's
gate, but only later found out it wasn't a game
Spoiler within a spoiler: the Easter Bunny isn't real.

I see you hid an Easter egg in your edit.

Turkey Leg

• Bristles
« Reply #7888 on: June 21, 2021, 09:02:10 PM »
TOP IS IN

@dougules wins the Top Is In Contest today, which of course means @dougules top is in!

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7889 on: June 21, 2021, 09:38:27 PM »
TOP IS IN

@dougules wins the Top Is In Contest today, which of course means @dougules top is in!

I'm afraid my top was in years ago. 

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7890 on: June 22, 2021, 07:14:15 AM »
TOP IS IN

I guess you can still try some Rogaine and hope for the best . . .

:P

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7891 on: June 22, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
TOP IS IN

I guess you can still try some Rogaine and hope for the best . . .

:P
He was hoping for some rogue gains, but actual earnings were a reality check. Sadly, the timing was off and the top was clearly in.

i_have_so_much_to_learn

• Stubble
  • started a chatroom: https://discord.gg/agSSAhXzYD
« Reply #7892 on: June 28, 2021, 12:35:55 PM »
top is in

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7893 on: July 01, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
top is in

TOP IS IN                    TOP IS IN                                        TOP IS INTOP IS IN                    TOP IS IN                                        TOP IS INTOP IS IN                    TOP IS IN                                        TOP IS IN

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7894 on: July 01, 2021, 02:46:20 PM »
Again? It's getting a little boring now.

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7895 on: July 01, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »

The top constantly being in can wear you down, but be strong, brother. 

i_have_so_much_to_learn

• Stubble
  • started a chatroom: https://discord.gg/agSSAhXzYD
« Reply #7896 on: July 01, 2021, 02:55:14 PM »
It may seem like old news but it's always a new top.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7897 on: July 01, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
As I heard on another thread:
"If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry"

The top is in.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7898 on: July 01, 2021, 06:06:49 PM »

Top of top is in is in

Steeze

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7899 on: July 01, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »
New top blue top shoe top dew top
Old top bold top cold top mold top
rag top bag top good top bad top
Tip top drip top lip top grip top
Ditty top gritty top shity top titty top
Top top hot top got top not top

Top is in top is in top is in top is in