Author Topic: Top is in  (Read 571515 times)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Top is in
« Reply #3650 on: October 25, 2018, 01:02:38 AM »
Someone help me out here, what are the numbers on the right side of thorstachs chart for?  What is this chart actually charting?  I'm going to have to assume it's the number of times the top got called by thorstach during that period.

It looks like the NASDAQ.

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
  • Chapter IV - A New ... er.. something
« Reply #3651 on: October 25, 2018, 05:32:16 AM »
It's a chart! it's a chart, everybody!

I used to think that this thread was hilarious, but after seeing that chart I think I'm on board with thorstach.  Clearly according to the chart he posted, there is nowhere to go other than down.  I mean, it could get up to 9200 but then there's no more room.  Clearly the lines can't go off the upper part of the chart, so it will hit the top and bounce down - hard.  It looks like when it gets to 202 on the right side of the bottom axis we'll be down to 400.  The chart proves it to my satisfaction.

genius.
I'm setting sell orders at 8800 to get out before the top is in.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3652 on: October 25, 2018, 07:37:55 AM »

Quick, someone do a reverse image search and identify the source of the chart, then cross-correlate with likely mmm forum member suspects.

Per Google:

Best guess for this image: screenshot

A screenshot is a digital image of what should be visible on a monitor, television, or other visual output device. A common screenshot is created by the operating system or software running on the device. A screenshot or screen capture may also be created by taking a photo of the screen.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3653 on: October 25, 2018, 07:42:53 AM »

I used to think that this thread was hilarious, but after seeing that chart I think I'm on board with thorstach.  Clearly according to the chart he posted, there is nowhere to go other than down.  I mean, it could get up to 9200 but then there's no more room.  Clearly the lines can't go off the upper part of the chart, so it will hit the top and bounce down - hard.  It looks like when it gets to 202 on the right side of the bottom axis we'll be down to 400.  The chart proves it to my satisfaction.

You could photoshop Al Gore standing on a ladder on the right side.  Climate change top is in.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3654 on: October 25, 2018, 08:25:03 AM »

You could photoshop Al Gore standing on a ladder on the right side.  Climate change top is in.

I suspect that the top being in on the market is more likely than the top being in on climate change.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3655 on: October 25, 2018, 08:28:21 AM »
Sadly, I tend to agree.

PhilB

• Bristles
« Reply #3656 on: October 25, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
You're not the first to finger sol. But he denies it.

It's not me, but I do think it's a good con job. 

Thorstach has never posted in any other part of the forum.  He (or she) never gives us complete sentences that might reveal an identifiable writing style, and is (IMO) unlikely to be a genuinely unique visitor without another account here, given the tenacity required to keep up with this thread for two years.  He/she has never posted in the mornings, and is mostly active in the late afternoons and evenings.

But alas, 'twas not me who decided to troll the forum.  I suspect one of the lesser-known mods, because they all have the power to identify IP addresses and figure it out pretty quickly.  At this point I'm assuming their collective silence on this one to be complicity.
I don't see how the mods come into it.  This is probably the longest MMM thread without any abuse or other violations.  Mods should only be interested in that they may take interest in a silly thread, but I doubt that posts are getting reported.  They don't have the impetus to be complicit.

Mods can see IPs, and therefore see which two users post from the same IP.  Although one could use a VPN or other obfuscation to hide one's alter-ego, I doubt this joke thread warrants such measures.
And face it, if you were a mod would you be able to resist having a peak behind the curtain?

Glenstache

• Handlebar Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #3657 on: October 25, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »
You're not the first to finger sol. But he denies it.

It's not me, but I do think it's a good con job. 

Thorstach has never posted in any other part of the forum.  He (or she) never gives us complete sentences that might reveal an identifiable writing style, and is (IMO) unlikely to be a genuinely unique visitor without another account here, given the tenacity required to keep up with this thread for two years.  He/she has never posted in the mornings, and is mostly active in the late afternoons and evenings.

But alas, 'twas not me who decided to troll the forum.  I suspect one of the lesser-known mods, because they all have the power to identify IP addresses and figure it out pretty quickly.  At this point I'm assuming their collective silence on this one to be complicity.
I don't see how the mods come into it.  This is probably the longest MMM thread without any abuse or other violations.  Mods should only be interested in that they may take interest in a silly thread, but I doubt that posts are getting reported.  They don't have the impetus to be complicit.

Mods can see IPs, and therefore see which two users post from the same IP.  Although one could use a VPN or other obfuscation to hide one's alter-ego, I doubt this joke thread warrants such measures.
And face it, if you were a mod would you be able to resist having a peak behind the curtain?
A peak behind the curtain? Pup tent top is in!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3658 on: October 25, 2018, 12:13:57 PM »
Anyone notice the moon is full?  Itís all waning from here. Moontop

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3659 on: October 25, 2018, 12:18:15 PM »

According to Moon Plus app, here in the Mid-Atlantic we're at 98.7056% of full as I post.

Last Quarter in 5 days, 22 hours, New Moon to follow in 12 days, 20 hours. Fear is back. Werewolves everywhere.

markbike528CBX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3660 on: October 25, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »

According to Moon Plus app, here in the Mid-Atlantic we're at 98.7056% of full as I post.

Last Quarter in 5 days, 22 hours, New Moon to follow in 12 days, 20 hours. Fear is back. Werewolves everywhere
Do werewolves have a +- percentage range of full where (were?) they call it full and are active.
If it only presents at exactly 100% then it would be a second or so of werewolfyness.
Werewolf TOP IS IN!

jc4

• Stubble
« Reply #3661 on: October 25, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »
That chart looks like it came out of one of those houses of mirrors like at the circus. 

I just did the math, and 8% of my total posts are in this thread. Sad?

Post Count Top is in!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3662 on: October 25, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »

Last Quarter in 5 days, 22 hours, New Moon to follow in 12 days, 20 hours. Fear is back. Werewolves everywhere
Do werewolves have a +- percentage range of full where (were?) they call it full and are active.
If it only presents at exactly 100% then it would be a second or so of werewolfyness.
Werewolf TOP IS IN!

If that's the case, then you would also only be 100% human for a second or so.  What percentage of bestiality is acceptable when dating a werewolf?

techwiz

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3663 on: October 25, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »

All this Werewolf and full moon talk we must be close to scary top. 

slow hand slow plan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Living the dream
« Reply #3664 on: October 25, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »
Thread Foam  top is not in

Glenstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3665 on: October 25, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

slow hand slow plan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Living the dream
« Reply #3666 on: October 25, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »
ThorMoon Tide is in; Top is in

thorstach

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3667 on: October 25, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
AMZN top is in

effigy98

• Bristles
« Reply #3668 on: October 25, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
Can't wait to pick up more amzn when it gets reasonable again.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3669 on: October 25, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
AMZN top is in

The top wasn't in September when it was $2039.51?

hadabeardonce

• Stubble
  • It's never too early to learn the value of money.
    • My Journal
« Reply #3670 on: October 25, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »
AMZN top is in

Cell service strength and available battery tops were also in...

maizeman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3671 on: October 25, 2018, 03:56:24 PM »
Unless this is an elaborately planned double bluff, that means we have confirmation that whoever is playing thorstach is somewhere in the east coast time zone.

ILikeDividends

• Bristles
« Reply #3672 on: October 25, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »
Unless this is an elaborately planned double bluff, that means we have confirmation that whoever is playing thorstach is somewhere in the east coast time zone.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3673 on: October 25, 2018, 08:17:44 PM »
ThorMoon Tide is in; Top is in

Top is in.  Tide goes out.  Never a miscommunication.  you canít explain that

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 08:20:20 PM by dragoncar »

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3674 on: October 26, 2018, 07:30:43 AM »
https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2018/10/when-stocks-fell-10/

Some nice look-back info on how often we get corrections and how deep we might go.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #3675 on: October 26, 2018, 08:06:41 AM »
I couldn't stand the pain any longer I SOLD everything and encourage you to do the same!

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3676 on: October 26, 2018, 08:28:32 AM »
Verizon? thorstach is also a baller.

slow hand slow plan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Living the dream
« Reply #3677 on: October 26, 2018, 08:59:48 AM »

slow hand slow plan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Living the dream
« Reply #3678 on: October 26, 2018, 09:44:10 AM »
Hold on now... bottom might not be in . Business Insider is now saying Red Dow or Red October...whatever you get the drift...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/red-october-amazon-google-snap-092409633.html

FIPurpose

• Pencil Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #3679 on: October 26, 2018, 09:57:06 AM »

Some nice look-back info on how often we get corrections and how deep we might go.

Like April this year? A guy at my work pulled out all his stocks about 3 days before the first plummet. He's convinced we're going into a tailspin. I keep thinking he should really take his lucky break and just buy back in, but sadly I think he's more likely to wait until we're basically recovered again... and probably then some.

dougules

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3680 on: October 26, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »

Like April this year? A guy at my work pulled out all his stocks about 3 days before the first plummet. He's convinced we're going into a tailspin. I keep thinking he should really take his lucky break and just buy back in, but sadly I think he's more likely to wait until we're basically recovered again... and probably then some.

Nonsense.  He knew the top was in and got out like any smart person should.  You should cut your losses and sell, too, while there's still time.

If thorstach is good at calling tops, he must be pretty wealthy.  Maybe we can pick him out of a list of billionaires. 

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #3681 on: October 26, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »
Hold on now... bottom might not be in . Business Insider is now saying Red Dow or Red October...whatever you get the drift...

Can we get an article from Seeking Alpha or CNBC just to be sure?

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3682 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »
Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this TOP. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this TOP! This TOP we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3683 on: October 26, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this TOP. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this TOP! This TOP we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!

I just got the chills.

Glenstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3684 on: October 26, 2018, 02:24:54 PM »

Can we get an article from Seeking Alpha or CNBC just to be sure?
https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/TOPS

techwiz

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3685 on: October 26, 2018, 08:38:34 PM »

Have faith that we will fight this TOP!

thorstach

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3686 on: October 30, 2018, 07:45:51 AM »
Bear market is in.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3687 on: October 30, 2018, 07:53:01 AM »
Thank Zeus someone told me. 

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3688 on: October 30, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »
Thanks Obama.

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3689 on: October 30, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
Thanks Karen.

RWD

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3690 on: October 30, 2018, 08:21:34 AM »
Bear market is in.

I'm starting to think the market is deliberately contradicting thorstach.

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3691 on: October 30, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3692 on: October 30, 2018, 08:32:47 AM »

Battlestar Galactica top was officially in sometime mid third season when every character on the show turned out to be a Cylon.

toganet

• Stubble
« Reply #3693 on: October 30, 2018, 08:35:55 AM »

Battlestar Galactica top was officially in sometime mid third season when every character on the show turned out to be a Cylon.

Wait, are you implying that the market has jumped the shark?!?

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3694 on: October 30, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »

Wait, are you implying that the market has jumped the shark?!?

Similarly to The Walking Dead..Maybe Humanity Top is in?

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3695 on: October 30, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »
Nah, Battlestar jumped the shark when the human-cylon hybrid turned out to be humanity's ancestral Eve.

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3696 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:22 AM »
I think this is another moment to discuss the nature of thorstache.  We're at about 10% below top, right now.  We've touched correction territory, but are still far from a bear market.  I won't be surprised if we get there, but it doesn't matter either way.

My question is: When thorstache says "Bear Market is in" is he saying that it's coming or that it's arrived?  We have a lot of data points where thorstache has called the top in, but because we know the bear market isn't literally in, could this change our interpretation of the great thorstache?

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3697 on: October 30, 2018, 11:13:43 AM »
If we boogie along at an average return, it should take us about a year to recover that 10% drop.

Still Being

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3698 on: October 30, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
If we boogie along at an average return, it should take us about a year to recover that 10% drop.

What is this "recover?" We only have down to go from here, as predicted by Thor of Stach.

2Birds1Stone

• Magnum Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #3699 on: October 30, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »
Bear market is definitely here to stay ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk