Author Topic: TechLead's How I lost $350K daytrading stocks and what I learned from it  (Read 2193 times)

Edge of Reason

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I started watching him based on another MMM's forum contributor's recommendation.

His latest video/topic is quite interesting. I learned a few things...biggest being once the news hits websites it's old news and robots will trade way before you because they are trading using machine language to read all news.

I guess that's all the more reason to buy and hold and to use the Couch Potato Investment style of Investing.
Interested to hear what other MMM think about the lessons he learned about his old investment style?

TechLead's "How I lost $350K daytrading stocks and what I learned from it": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcvRe8bQhU

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
I love the line, "I actually spent a  year trying to get good at day trading. I learned all about technical analysis. I'd been reading up on news, staying up to date on economists "

I have no patience to listen to the entire video.

Andy R

• Bristles
You bring down the level of this forum when you post this sensationalist garbage.

Edge of Reason

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
You bring down the level of this forum when you post this sensationalist garbage.

Thanks for your perspective.

I guess I wasn't clear when I posted. I am in no way educated in day trading (nor will I ever be educated enough able to feel comfortable doing so).

I WAS NOT leaving the link there to give people advice. I just thought his failure was yet another reason to avoid this type of investing unless you are REALLY educated (as you may be) and stick with the MMM theory of buy and hold and Index investing ( a la Couch Potato) to avoid such mammoth losses based on little knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:24:36 AM by Edge of Reason »

Andy R

• Bristles
I guess I wasn't clear when I posted. I am in no way educated in day trading (nor will I ever be).

I WAS NOT leaving the link there to give people advice. I just thought his failure was yet another reason to avoid this type of investing unless you are REALLY educated (as you may be) and stick with the MMM theory of buy and hold and Index investing ( a la Couch Potato) so avoid mammoth losses based on little knowledge.

Posting something real to learn from would be helpful.
TechLead is nothing more than click bait garbage.

I don't mean you posting it is intentionally click bait, I suspect you were taken in by it.
I meant it is created by the video producer to be click bait garbage.

Edge of Reason

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I guess I wasn't clear when I posted. I am in no way educated in day trading (nor will I ever be).

I WAS NOT leaving the link there to give people advice. I just thought his failure was yet another reason to avoid this type of investing unless you are REALLY educated (as you may be) and stick with the MMM theory of buy and hold and Index investing ( a la Couch Potato) so avoid mammoth losses based on little knowledge.

Posting something real to learn from would be helpful.
TechLead is nothing more than click bait garbage.

I don't mean you posting it is intentionally click bait, I suspect you were taken in by it.
I meant it is created by the video producer to be click bait garbage.

Got it....and yes, I seem to have gotten sucked in.

I will leave the post up here for others...(I believe I can't delete a thread starter anyway) so they can scroll down to see your reasons for not posting such content and avoid getting sucked into the click-bait life-cycle.....

Stimpy

• Bristles
Yea gonna have to agree with Andy here.  (As to this video being click bait.)

That video was more rambling BS then anything that made sense.  I suspect that Techlead has day traded, but I highly doubt it was at a loss that high nor with no lesson learned.  Everything he said screamed I've never really done the research but hey I can sound like an expert!  (Spoiler, he sounds like a fool)

That being said, I am sure there are actual traders (And probably youtubers) whom have day traded with large losses.  I am also certain those are much better videos.

edit: Poster below make re-look at my post and well...  Added more specific wording as everything has it's place.  good or bad.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:47:46 PM by Stimpy »

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
There's nothing wrong with Edge of Reason honestly posting this thread to get feedback.
Asking questions and learning about investing is the whole reason for "Investor Alley".