Author Topic: T Rowe Price 457  (Read 904 times)

BFive55

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
T Rowe Price 457
« on: April 06, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
Hi all. I was just wondering what the opinion on T. Rowe Price was? I'm starting a new job and they use T. Rowe Price to administer their 457 plans.

I have investments through Vanguard and use Vanguard for a Roth IRA. Since the government I'll be working for doesn't offer matches I'm planning on maxing my Roth and then contributing to the 457 for the tax benefits.

I'm putting the 457 money into a Vanguard 500 fund at 100% right now since my age makes risk a bit more acceptable. The expense ratio is 0.04%... does anyone know if T. Rowe Price will add an additional management fee and if so, where to find that?

Stimpy

• Bristles
Re: T Rowe Price 457
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
I do have a trow IRA as well as owning Trow stock.  (So I do have vested interest in you paying tons of fees BUT I would rather you not pay many fees, as an informed investor.)

If I remember correctly, just make sure that all your paperwork is electronic, and not snail mailed to you and there should be no additional fees.  Or at least no additional fees I am aware of.  Could be something specific about the 457 but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:16:11 AM by stimepy »